Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heavy Rain is the worst game ever

Maybe he should have written that article right after it was released and not after Sony already has the money in their pockets. Oh wait, you heard that? Sony just announced Heavy-Rain 2 !! Heavy-Rain 1 is utter shit!!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Unfortunately now that piracy has been ope...

Wait you said their game dpt? Close call then.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not that butthurt really. I mean, how can people get butthurt over someone's opinion of games/film/book/drink/food/music. People are starving in China!

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Knowing what kind of developer Quantic Dream is Heavy Rain did not surprise me. Same thing with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.
They write decent stories with a good plot but the controls are horrible and gameplay is simply nonexistent.
After playing Fahrenheit for about ten minutes i was so mad, i wanted to destroy my keyboard.
Unfortunatelly i haven't played Omikron: The Nomad Soul which seems to have decent gameplay, besides the story.

Hegel

Arcane
Heavy Rain was never meant to be a game. It was created, marketed and sold as an active movie. As such it's a pretty good product, high quality I'd even say.
Let's compare it with Mass Effect 2, the latter is, on paper, a RPG . On paper, because on screen ME2 is an interactive cutscenes generator, from this point of view Bioware did a shittier job than Quantic.

I liked Fahrenheit but it felt like some LSD addict took over the plot writing midway game.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Heavy Rain is basically a fucking FMV game from the 90s developed with modern graphics.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I watched a full playthrough LP about two weeks ago. The plot is so far beyond retarded it's almost not funny. And the game is seriously lacking in the gaming department. Shitty game is shitty.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I was expecting C&C, a good, dynamic story depending on how you played each character and, if nothing else, some good puzzles.

I got none of that - this game is a piece of shit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The phenomena surrounding this game really elucidates the problem with innovashun-fags. This people actually believe they are cultivating a superior taste while falling for the most banal/shit/boring pretentious faggotry instead. This are the same people who think Oblivion had a great story and atmosphere.

DraQ

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
The phenomena surrounding this game really elucidates the problem with innovashun-fags. This people actually believe they are cultivating a superior taste while falling for the most banal/shit/boring pretentious faggotry instead. This are the same people who think Oblivion had a great story and atmosphere.
Exterminatus.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Blablabla.

As long as it has user interactivity, technically it is a game. And the game did something unprecedented in the last few years, it included failures as legitimate endgames. Other than this, the gameplay is simply atrocious.

So, how many of you found the real killer?

Lumpy

Arcane
When it comes to videogames, any complicated narrative is seen as a "good story", regardless of its merits.
The cause is likely the fact that video games in general have minimalistic stories. Though why one would want intricate stories in a medium focused on interactivity is beyond me.

Ted

Novice
Truly a shitty game that totally failed at what it was trying to do, i was playing the fat cop really good and that totally fucked up the ending where he was the bad guy...?

Not to speak of all the holes in the plot.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well if you played Fahrenheit then you'd know to expect shitty plot holes at every turn. Still can't get over the AI thing in that game; the most retarded and unnecessary addition 3/4 of the way through the game. Scriptwriting 101 states that you DO NOT introduce totally new elements into a story near the end of a story,especially such fucking retarded elements as magical AI's that bring people back from the dead and somehow can project themselves into existence in the real world.

The illuminati thing was also unnecessary padding. Why couldn't it have just been a basic supernatural story with an evil cult as it started off as? Why make the story increasingly ridiculous by constantly adding superfluous elements?

Finally, old Lucas really gets over Tiffany pretty quick, no guilt either over her death because of him when she helps him even though they broke up even though he spends a lot of the beginning moping and depressed. That love sub-plot with Carla also was tacked on and shitty and ruined the setup at the beginning as well.

Lothers

Scholar
As a game it's bad, but as a movie it's pretty enjoyable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom