Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are we not all numbers? DU turned into a big wuss?

Multi-headed Cow

I want to be David Gaider in that case.

:M

Nickless

Educated
An improvement, but why get rid of avatars? It makes it easier to decide whose posts to skip over.

roll-a-die

Magister
Avatar's were likely fucking up the software and causing slowdowns, possibly even the crashes we experienced during the past few weeks.

Probably were the cause of a shitload of bandwidth usage as well. Personally it's a little weird, but I can live.

So what DU gives us our sigs and names back, just like that? Didn't even asked for paypal donations. Or are the avatars planned as DLC ? 10 bucks per user i'd wager.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
theInsouciantFistOfPiety said:
Suggestion: ASCII avatars.
I was gonna make that suggestion but then I realized it was fucking stupid. So I settled on b/w.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Told ya it will last 3 days.

At least now we know that 95% of retards on the Codex have 5 digit user IDs.

Coincidence?

Black

Arcane
I enjoyed it. 5 digits = insta ignore. Made things simpler, like in better times.

Krash

Arcane
I dunno, if anything I've realized that those who constantly whine about join dates or digits are the most retarded

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
MetalCraze said:
Told ya it will last 3 days.

At least now we know that 95% of retards on the Codex have 5 digit user IDs.

Coincidence?

We all know the user ID of the other 5% is 8364 :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'd be all for ditching the signiatures again myself. Even the lulzy ones get boring after reading them one or two times.

Phelot

Arcane
THis must be like when the Soviet Union collapsed. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS "NAME" THING?! WHERE ARE MY DAILY RATIONS?!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ulminati said:
I'd be all for ditching the signiatures again myself. Even the lulzy ones get boring after reading them one or two times.
That's why you change your sig every week. :smug:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
best thing about going back to names and avatars is reading numberwang threads with people calling each other "unit" ... you look like a right bunch of morons now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom