Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Momoland Crossroads Trade

What is Momoland?
Momoland is a village to the east with friendly Koreans. Their leader is Momo hence the name. They are 4-5 Koreans in that village playing together.

Maps:

I talked to them and they said they're open to the idea of exchanging maps with us. Our Supergrid Map for their Supergrid Map.(and some extra maps we can agree later on). Their maps are without any notes to make the trade fair we'll have to edit all notes out of our maps per Photoshop (i can do that) or recreate/reupload the maps without notes.

Resources:
They told me they need Q60 clay, we know where 2 of those clay spots are, one Clay spot is close to their village (they don't know about it). My plan is we build up our factories there and trade with them.

This is what they have to offer:
  • Metal Bar Q23
    Water Q49
    Soil Q62
    Any type of Food

Thanks for the map again, however there seems to be some kind of misunderstanding with these Koreans, they asked me how many "minimaps" as unit big is our map. How much is that? I've counted one map you gave me with a grid, that's 14x14 = 196 minimaps? They said they have maps, overall their size is 5000 minimaps. Something ain't right here.

And one question to Kruger:
http://havenmap.student.utwente.nl/
You've said Crossroads is on it, where exactly ?

SoKvadratish

Novice
SimpleComplexity said:
Thanks for the map again, however there seems to be some kind of misunderstanding with these Koreans, they asked me how many "minimaps" as unit big is our map. How much is that? I've counted one map you gave me with a grid, that's 14x14 = 196 minimaps? They said they have maps, overall their size is 5000 minimaps. Something ain't right here.

And one question to Kruger:
http://havenmap.student.utwente.nl/
You've said Crossroads is on it, where exactly ?

i've posted a huge pic in teh map thread, where i marked Crossroads. using 4 arrows.
:x

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
SimpleComplexity said:
minimaps != what I grided.

Basically, that little map you see in your interface is a pixel to tile translation of the world. That is, 1 pixel == 1 tile. As you move around you (used to) see chunks of the map come in. Those chunks are a mini-map. These chunks are what Gilbertus saves.

If you poke around in Gilbertus and look at each individual file in the map/random number/ directories, each of those files is a minimap. A minimap is 100x100 pixels (aka 100x100 tiles in the game world).

A super-grid is 5000x5000 pixels aka tiles wide by 5000 high.
5000 / 100 = 50 minimaps wide / high.
50x50 = 2,500 minimaps.

So basically they have 2 super-grids.

However, I suspect what they have and what we have has already been mapped and is up on one of the various mapping sites already (with mapping clients, it's also not hard to get either). So it's not hugely important. Just tell them you have "all the rivers" of the super-grid we're in and see what they come back with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom