Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Der Langrisser! CHAPTER II: BROS IN ARMS

Testing

• der

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hurr

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

anus_pounder

Arcane
'dieing' even once affects the character endings negatively though. The other thing that affects the ending are how many kills the character got (not sure if they take the character's troop kills into account).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
der00002.jpg

guybrush6hc.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
Ok, since Roladka asked -

First of all, if you killed the Mage Morgan or whatever that creepy pedo was in the Castle Kalxath level (his second appearance), YOU ARE FUCKED. You are stuck on the light path.

If you didn't, congratulations. You have 2 more prologue missions to go, at which point you have a choice to join the imperials. You have to do a couple of levels with them then you get a chance to either go along with them or straight up take on the empire yourself. A few more levels later, depending on the answers you made in character creation, you either go Chaos path or Independent.

EDIT: I would also like to say that if you qualify for the Imperial Path, I hope you didn't give any(or much) XP to characters other than Elwin, Rouga and Hein. Otherwise, you just wasted XP that these 3 characters (especially Rouga, hes probably the only one who can challenge Elwin) could use.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
SCO said:
Unfortunately this is not fire emblem in that. You can't kill commanders, if they die, they'll just return next mission. It's that huge amount of text i think. It made the writers sad to waste it.

Yeah, although in every Fire Emblem I've played you get handed new characters almost every chapter. But I do like perma-death. It can really mess you up if you lose too many powerful characters and have to field their shitty replacements. Permanent death in Der Langrisser would hurt you way more because there are fewer commanders.

Baldo is my favorite character so far.

Baldo was my kind of character. He just didn't give a fuck. Commands from superior officers were mere suggestions to Baldo.

RIP :salute:

'dieing' even once affects the character endings negatively though.

I didn't know that. I'll try to keep everyone standing, but if Sir Codex needs somebody to take a bullet for him, they will be promptly sacrificed for the greater good (or evil depending on how things go).

anus_pounder

Arcane
Characters in FE had different growth rates. Sometimes the character being handed to you had a potential of approximately utter shit.
Codex is the main character after all, can't have him dieing. Hes pretty much guaranteed his best ending. Codex is just so incredibly powerful no matter how you level him that its impossible for him not to get the lion's share of kills.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
DECISION TIME: CLASS CHANGE

19831981.gif
- Dear readers, this has come sooner than anyone could have predicted. Never in my wildest imagination would I have guessed that one of our heroes was up for a class change before the end of the second update. I was going to make a changing poll to decide class changes, but it seems you can't edit polls once you start them. But feel free, even encouraged, to vote in the 'der' vs 'hurr' poll. I guess I'll just make a post whenever this happens and count the votes myself. This time, I'll count all votes until tomorrow, at which point I'll finish the scenario and start on the update.

Without further ado, our first contestant...

hdog.png
- None other than I, Sorcerer-Supreme Hein. For my first class change, decide between 'Sorcerer' and 'Paladin'. See the pictures below for what exactly that would mean:

der00384.jpg

der00385.jpg

der00386.jpg

hdog.png
- That red cape would look sharp on me, but I've been melting-faces at an alarming rate the way I am. Wat do?

Discuss!! amongst yourselves!

Murk

Arcane
Sorcerer for sure. I usually play with Commander characters only (occasionally bring in some unit support to take out more annoying enemy types like flyers or ranged attackers) and generally healing just isn't an issue.

I find Hein is often effective at enchanting his units with attack bonuses and having them attack instead of using fireball or what-not (or if someone else has attack buff or fireball, comboing that shit).

As for his inability to gain EXP... his attack power isn't bad and he has the attack type that can kill the enemy troops before they reach him, especially with infantry or slow moving ground units -- he can be used to clean up enemy troops that have some health shaved with an AOE spell or ranged attacks to beef him up, but yeah he won't be as effective as Elwin at wiping out entire squads.

I usually start Erwin/Elwin off as a warlock for easier level up + magic support.

Something like Warlock -> Silver Knight -> Swordsman -> Swordmaster -> Hero

Also, independent path ftw.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hahaahhaah. With a face like that, he should be Lawful Stupid. Go for Paladin.

uona

Novice
paladin cuz in my games hein usually ends up in the sorc route.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorceror. Teleport is a absurdly powerful end spell since you can not only teleport your troops, but teleport the opponents troops, thereby fucking up their tactical placement.

If you have 2 sorcerors or more with teleport you can move all of the map in one turn if you plan it right. A very useful ability sometimes.

Radisshu

Prophet
90's fantasy anime stuff really was the avant garde of huge shoulder pads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom