Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thank you, Codex.

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
jiujitsu said:
It's true.

Without the Codex who would burst everyone's bubble, created by hype, before it was too late? :cool:

Ah, yes. There's a good mental image.

"RPG Codex: Bitterly lancing the boil of RPG hype and sucking out the juices. Somebody's gotta do it."

:D

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Dgaider said:

"RPG Codex: Bitterly lancing the boil of RPG hype and sucking out the juices. Somebody's gotta do it."

I prefer to think of it as a snake bite. Instead of a nasty boil.

Stopping the poison before it spreads. :cool:

Athame

Novice
Dgaider said:

With as many developer posts as they get here, I'd say someone's standing up and taking notice. :lol:

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
jiujitsu said:
It's true.

Without the Codex who would burst everyone's bubble, created by hype, before it was too late? :cool:

It isn't true. It's too late. Here is the next good example: X-men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse. We are doomed. You can bitch about everything on this forum but you will be playing console shit in the future! :evil: :evil: :evil:

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
No, when we see Captain Planet Legends, that's when we know we're screwed.

That would be the greatest game of console shit.

I have found this review for Captain Planet NES game:

"Play Time/Replayability: 0/10
The play time and replayability got a 0 out of 10, for the following reason: It's absolutely NO fun. Video games are supposed to be fun, and a good way to pass the time, I would have more fun if I just started running into my walls until I knocked myself out. It's honestly THAT bad."

Twinfalls

Erudite
Dgaider said:

I would say it's Bioware customers rather than the Codex who suck down the Hype Juice.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
As long as a rope bridge doesn't snatch me up like a grue, I'll give it a whirl.

Chefe

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
No, when we see Captain Planet Legends, that's when we know we're screwed.

mati4mk.jpg

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, Exitium was telling me that X-Men Legends 2 is a pretty nifty little action CRPG. I'm waiting on a demo of it. I personally like the whole idea of a super hero based CRPG - action or otherwise. You'd think with the success of City of Heroes, we'd see a few single player type super hero games.

Balor

Arcane
I wonder if the Sity of Villains will be successful.
Cause I'd rather have a few super-villain type games :).

Jed

Cipher
Anyone been keeping up with Nova City? If so, how's it coming along in the wake of Gearhead 2?

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I knew a kid who had the school assignment to give a speech about something he felt strongly about, so he talked about how the Geo-mobile or whatever was not environmentally friendly because you can see emissions coming out, and that the South American kid didn't have a power (unlike the others who controlled a greco-roman element), as his "heart" was really an ability instead.

Spazmo

Erudite
I'd rather have a bunch of acolytes with perodic element powers. I'm not sure what good a kid wearing a ring with the power of calcium or sulfur would do, but the plutonium kid would probably be pretty damn cool and plus you'd get ~120 of them instead of four (Heart kid was dead weight so he doesn't count).

whitemithrandir

Erudite
The codex knocked me up behind that dumpster in the dark alley and 9 months later I am pregnant with its lovechild.

Chefe

Erudite
TheGreatGodPan said:
I knew a kid who had the school assignment to give a speech about something he felt strongly about, so he talked about how the Geo-mobile or whatever was not environmentally friendly because you can see emissions coming out, and that the South American kid didn't have a power (unlike the others who controlled a greco-roman element), as his "heart" was really an ability instead.

Couldn't he talk to animals?

Man, now I have that theme song stuck in my head.

Anyways, that heart kid was dead weight. I have no idea what genius thought to put him it. While the other character were setting things on fire, freezing goonies with ice, and doing other ass-kickery appropriate for a PETA/Greenpeace show, he was talking to deer. But hey, what's an environmental show without some kid from an impoverished country? If anyone feels the effects of our global destruction first, it's going to be them.

Chefe said:
TheGreatGodPan said:

Couldn't he talk to animals?

Man, now I have that theme song stuck in my head.

Anyways, that heart kid was dead weight. I have no idea what genius thought to put him it. While the other character were setting things on fire, freezing goonies with ice, and doing other ass-kickery appropriate for a PETA/Greenpeace show, he was talking to deer. But hey, what's an environmental show without some kid from an impoverished country? If anyone feels the effects of our global destruction first, it's going to be them.
Plus, diversity was a big deal on the show. They needed a South American gay guy to round things out.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Well, Exitium was telling me that X-Men Legends 2 is a pretty nifty little action CRPG. I'm waiting on a demo of it. I personally like the whole idea of a super hero based CRPG - action or otherwise. You'd think with the success of City of Heroes, we'd see a few single player type super hero games.

Rex is right. Its just like Gauntlet except that you get to choose your character builds. The first game was fun, lots of hack and slash, destructible environments, even some powers based puzzles.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:
I'd rather have a bunch of acolytes with perodic element powers. I'm not sure what good a kid wearing a ring with the power of calcium or sulfur would do, but the plutonium kid would probably be pretty damn cool and plus you'd get ~120 of them instead of four (Heart kid was dead weight so he doesn't count).

Maybe the mercury kid could be like the T-1000 in Terminator 2. Either that or he could summon farm raised salmon to fight for him.

Section8

Cipher
I've heard conflicting reports on the faggy heart kid. I've heard theories that he can control the hearts of people in the same way the other fuckers can control the elements. So once he hits puberty, he's going to be up to his <s>eye</s>balls in hot womens, and posting erotic mind control fiction on the fucking internet. Which is good for the environment on one hand, because it saves writing paper, but also bad because it wastes perfectly good tissues.

Don't forget Manganese Kid - the gibbering japanimation fucker that makes no sense, except when he's bringing down his own unique brand of "tentacle justice."

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't think he can actually effect anything people do or think. If he could, they wouldn't need Captain Planet. He could just jedi mind trick people in to stopping their evil polluting ways with the power of heart!

Balor

Arcane
What the hell are you talking abotu anyway?
It sounds like you both are high on weed or something :).

triCritical

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:

What about that other one, I think its called Freedom Force, that uses the same engine as Morrowind. Its mission based, which sucks, but the world is pretty modifiable from what I understand.

Mech

Cipher
Athame said:
Mech said:
Hahahhaha. Best post ever, for a number of reasons!

Mech, as in fanboy Mech of Canada from ESF? Lol, they'll just let anyone post here, won't they? :D

Make no mistake. If you're expecting Oblivion to be a real RPG, it's sure to disappoint.

If however, you're expecting an 'action RPG' with a dumbed down skill and character development system and visceral FPS style kombat, you'll get your money's worth. ;)
Fanboy? :O Surely you at least read my posts here and there?
Would hate to think you made such an ass of yourself on purpose. Actually, no, I would love that. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom