Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious PC gaming master race

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
SCO said:
With 30 times faster processor being needed to play it under Wine than for Windows.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't notice ;)

Yeah i agree, Alexandre Julliard is being a real hardass about that code.

MetalCraze

Arcane
In after Linux. Remeber those beautiful BSODs in Win98, anyone?

Hei guise remember bugs that were there 14 years ago?!
Just forget about Windows NT which still was better than Linux which was even barely a web browser at the time.

You know jack shit about Linux, don't you?
No, more like you want for Linux to seem to be anything but shit. Your bro had just proven that Linux is really free only for generic users that don't do anything with it - and no wonder. And if you want to use it for, say, one of those servers you have to pay more than you'd pay for Windows Server to get less.

Or use a shitty buggy version of it.

Internets alone would be enough.

Exactly. For people playing farmville. Linux is perfect for these I guess.

indeed bro. It seems so funny to me that the guy who sees :decline: at every corner finished Kotor 11 times.
Running out of arguments, bro?

Linux is not the system where you press A click and something awesome happens. It is system for professionals untainted by :decline:

Is that why there is no professional software for it and professionals prefer even shit like MacOS that costs $2000 to it?

Linux is not for professionals (for whom apparently web browsing is enough?). It is just for pretentious morons who think that if they spend hours trying to install and run a single program it makes them intelligent and not idiots.

Your only argument Skyway is that Windows is more convenient for the user.

Yes. That's the whole point of a good and well made OS. It should be just a platform for all programs a user uses and shouldn't interfere by making him spend half of an hour trying to run anything.

So is XBawks incidentally.
Come on. Too much trying too hard here.

Of course this may not seem important for a casual gamer such as yourself, but it is a big deal for programers, developers and such like.
We already established that it's so vital for them they don't use it. Unless by programmers you mean shitty newbs doing low grade open-source crap Linux is so famous for.

Because supercomputers are by definition used for big huge computations. You know, the kind of utilised in academia, science or economy research. Apart of that they are sure to be rebuild with non-standard hardware requiring non-standard drivers to operate.

Considering that no manufacturers properly support Linux with drivers (thus you can't modify them to your needs because they don't exist) you have just proven that you just fart into the air

So, because of their pioneer nature they require tremendous flexibility and I am sorry to say Windows with its functionality, even the server, experimental versions are shit at that.

See another proof. It's in Linux world you need to write software with all kernel specifics in mind. And modify the fucking kernel to make it run which is the most retarded thing you can have in OS design.

In Windows you can do whatever the fuck you want without any unneeded hassle.

As a result Windows has much better software support than Linux (which completely lacks professional software) - guess that's because Windows is so non-functional and Linux is god?

Windows is a product of a company having uniform backing from other huge corporations who Nazi everyone around.

Microsoft is evil because they make money with their OS!
(and you actually pay much much much less for the server version of it than for shitty overpriced Red Hat server - and license stays with you forever + you get pro technical support 24/7)

Linux is for truly :monocle: users who know jack shit about computers.

Good freudian slip here. See you agree with me!
You pretentious fucks know jack shit about computers

DraQ

Arcane
Luigi said:
skyway got you by the balls lawl

KOTOR ROCKS! FUCK YEAH!
Quit impersonating Crispy, you moron.
It's not like anyone is interested in whatever you have to say anyway so stop wasting our time with visual decoys.

dbx said:
Mrowak said:
Sorry bro, Linux is too :obviously: for you. Linux is not the system where you press A click and something awesome happens. It is system for professionals untainted by :decline:

Actually linux is just that. Whenever you click on something you never know what the fuck is going to happen next... :smug:
I bet this is what a consoletard or some other lower lifeform experiences under win, or in a proper cRPG.
:obviously:

@Skyway:
No matter how hard you try, it's now physically impossible for you to dig yourself any deeper. Just admit already that you want a tranny to shit on your face or something, then flee Codex in shame.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
MetalCraze said:
Linux is not the system where you press A click and something awesome happens. It is system for professionals untainted by :decline:

Is that why there is no professional software for it and professionals prefer even shit like MacOS that costs $2000 to it?
There's professional software for Lisux. Anyway, what's the deal with your retarded hyperboles?

MetalCraze said:
Linux is not for professionals (for whom apparently web browsing is enough?). It is just for pretentious morons who think that if they spend hours trying to install and run a single program it makes them intelligent and not idiots.
Except that it's not the case with most of programs.

MetalCraze said:
Linux is for truly :monocle: users who know jack shit about computers.

Good freudian slip here. See you agree with me!
You pretentious fucks know jack shit about computers
Lisux fanboys are really annoying and for some weird reason almost every teacher of Operational Systems subject that I had tended to be a Lisux fanboy.

SCO said:
I can't notice ;)
Probably because you have a computer that 30+ times faster than Pentium 133. My computer is only 18 times faster, so sadly, I can't play it.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Mrowak said:
Remeber those beautiful BSODs in Win98, anyone?
Last time I saw BSOD in my Win98 was several months ago.

ITT we have Skyway being Skyway.

DraQ

Arcane
Fowyr said:
Mrowak said:
Remeber those beautiful BSODs in Win98, anyone?
Last time I saw BSOD in my Win98 was several months ago.

ITT we have Skyway being Skyway.
Being Skyway usually involves overwhelming biased negativity that is nevertheless somewhat rooted in reality.
Here he's just being utterly clueless and fucking retarded.
And banal, shit, boring.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MetalCraze said:
Just forget about Windows NT which still was better than Linux
:what:

Dude... have you ever actually USED NT? I mean, for anything past "boot it up and stare at the pretty desktop"?

Because let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

Running out of arguments, bro?
THE IRONY. IS. PHYSICALLY. PAINFUL.

Gamers also prefer the Xbawks to PC gaming.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS, SKYWAY LOGIC SAYS THE XBOX IS SUPERIOR TO THE PC

Considering that no manufacturers properly support Linux with drivers
Got drivers for every single piece of hardware on my system. All runs flawlessly, most things better than they do under Windows. Talking out of your ass agai- oh right, skyway.

Microsoft is evil because they make money with their OS!
:facepalm:

Stop embarrassing yourself and go read up on their history please.

DraQ said:
Being Skyway usually involves overwhelming biased negativity
TBH what terrifies me here is overwhelming biased POSITVITY skyway's spewing in every post. Towards Windows, of all things.

It's creepy.

baronjohn

Cipher
Every time skyway encounters something new, he rolls a dice to decide if he'll like it or not, then either way he just makes shit up as he goes along. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DraQ said:
Here he's just being utterly clueless and fucking retarded.
And banal, shit, boring.

Actually it hurts for you because I'm correct.
The best arguments you fanboi can provide are "lawl windows isn't stable, remember its 14 years old version crashing?" / "if a Windows game doesn't work on Linux it's coded like shit" / "you are just retarded waaaah"

I've used Linux back in 2002 when Mandrake and Red Hat were the shit - and guess what?

No driver support - I couldn't even get Linux native 3D apps to work. Or even listen to fucking music because in half of apps sound didn't work while in another half it worked for some reason. And then a lot os apps were crashing harder than their counter-parts did on Win because of a non-existent QA for open-source shit.

Utterly useless.

Then years passed and came Ubuntu (which supposed to be an OS that could provide for every day needs not just the most important need of Linux fanboi to feel superior because of stuff not working there). So obviously after so many years Linux should've turned into a cool OS and of course I was interested in trying it. What did change? Not a fucking thing.
Nobody wants to provide a driver support for it - opensource shit gonna shit - why use it?

Again utterly useless.

The only Linux-related thing that isn't shit is those Unix-based systems (like FreeBSD which I use) because while not as comfortable - for a server they are light-weight and are not overloaded with useless shit. And that's their role - being on a server.

Whatever Linux does Windows does more and in a more comfortable way. Just because you spend a hour making stuff work doesn't make you :obviously: - it makes you a pretentious moron wasting a lot of time.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
MetalCraze said:
Then years passed and came Ubuntu (which supposed to be an OS that could provide for every day needs not just the most important need of Linux fanboi to feel superior because of stuff not working there). So obviously after so many years Linux should've turned into a cool OS and of course I was interested in trying it. What did change? Not a fucking thing.
Nobody wants to provide a driver support for it - opensource shit gonna shit - why use it?
My GeForce card is using manufacturer's drivers under Lisux Mint. Everything else works. Except my joystick, which worked in previous version but for some mysterious reason isn't even detected now.

Also, Windows explorer tends to randomly freeze when I plug in my MP3 player and Lisux Mint doesn't.

Again, you're using stupid hyperboles, which dilutes your arguments and takes away your credibility.

baronjohn

Cipher
That's because he's never used Linux or Unix and he's talking out of his ass like always. Linux supports more platforms and devices than any other operating system ever. A lot of drivers used to be reverse engineered, but these days manufacturers make them. Fuck, my printer even came with a Linux logo on it. Again, Skyway is revealed to be a moran.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Funny but in this part of the post there are no hyperboles.

My GeForce card is using manufacturer's drivers under Lisux Mint
And Nvidia's latest drivers for Linux are from 21st of Jan 2011. And so what?
The GeForce OpenGL support in drivers is so shitty Nvidia itself recommends using Linux's native drivers from its DVD.

Except my joystick, which worked in previous version but for some mysterious reason isn't even detected now.

That sentence alone describes Linux perfectly.
For me however it was even more Linux-canonic. At one time my soundcard worked in one half of apps but in another it didnt. At another time it was vice versa for no reason. On the same version of Linux. I didn't even touch any configs.

With Windows I just install stuff and know that my OS won't interfere.

Also, Windows explorer tends to randomly freeze when I plug in my MP3 player and Lisux Mint doesn't
That easily happens for Ubuntu as well with some players.
When was the last time you ran Windows Update?

Again, you're using stupid hyperboles, which dilutes your arguments and takes away your credibility.
You haven't disproven any yet. I still want to hear how exactly Linux is better than Windows.

Sceptic said:
Dude... have you ever actually USED NT? I mean, for anything past "boot it up and stare at the pretty desktop"?

Because let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

Ah yeah I totally forgot. The pretty desktop is what determines OS effectiveness.
P.S. I still use Windows 95 theme even in Win7 because it is the best theme for Windows without useless shit.

Gamers also prefer the Xbawks to PC gaming.
FYI we are comparing OS, not gaming platforms.
If an OS can suit needs of more people and is more comfortable to use - it's a better OS.

Got drivers for every single piece of hardware on my system. All runs flawlessly, most things better than they do under Windows. Talking out of your ass agai- oh right, skyway.
Yes man running web browser has no problems on Linux - I got that. Now tell me about how your games and Photoshop together with Audition run there.
And what exactly does run better on Linux?

Stop embarrassing yourself and go read up on their history please.
And what's their history? They pushed their OS more aggressively to people in 90s than Linux tards? And as a result it is now the most functional. Who are to blame?

TBH what terrifies me here is overwhelming biased POSITVITY skyway's spewing in every post. Towards Windows, of all things.
Yes Windows is a best OS currently. Which OS is better?

baronjohn said:
Linux supports more platforms and devices than any other operating system ever.

Will you ever back up your bullshit?

Fuck, my printer even came with a Linux logo on it
Shit the printer has a Linux logo on it! It makes Linux superior!

baronjohn

Cipher
I'm not going to bother any more. I'll just point out that Nokia's stock has falled 25% since it announced that it's using Windows for its phones. :lol:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
MetalCraze said:
You haven't disproven any yet. I still want to hear how exactly Linux is better than Windows.
I already said that Lisux is worse than Windows several posts ago. Which isn't the same as "not having any professional program" and being useful "only as a web browser".

MetalCraze said:
Funny but in this part of the post there are no hyperboles.

My GeForce card is using manufacturer's drivers under Lisux Mint
And Nvidia's latest drivers for Linux are from 21st of Jan 2011. And so what?
The GeForce OpenGL support in drivers is so shitty Nvidia itself recommends using Linux's native drivers from its DVD.
Which isn't the same as nobody wanting to provide driver support.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
baronjohn said:
I'm not going to bother any more. I'll just point out that Nokia's stock has falled 25% since it announced that it's using Windows for its phones. :lol:

Yes but that has nothing to do with whether Linux is as good as Windows for desktop use. At least one part of Skyway's argument is correct. If you want to use a computer for gaming and professional software Linux is probably the biggest piece of shit ever conceived. Fun to play around with for us nerdy types, but its just diversion to get away from Windows every now and then. Given the choice of having one single operating system most of us would pick Windows in an heart bit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Skyway, I'll only say one more thing on this topic: when I ask you to please go read up on some history instead of spewing bullshit, PLEASE GO AND READ instead of spewing more bullshit.

Also, Ubuntu's shit.

And now I shall conclude this post with the most awesome statement ever:
MetalCraze said:
Will you ever back up your bullshit?

AdmiralHugbunny

Educated
Skyway, you are full of shit (I guess your former name is more than appropriate :smug: ).

Since you've already derailed the thread, here's some mythbusting:
  • Linux isn't an operating system, but rather an operating system kernel. If you're unhappy with the UI, please redirect your butthurt rage towards KDE, GNOME or whatever windowing manager it was that made your ass sore.
  • WINE does not demand significantly more resources for running Windows crap on Linux because it isn't an emulator. Rather, it's a compatibility layer designed to make applications think they're running under Windows. The applications run on the actual hardware, not emulated by software.
  • Linux isn't "friendly" because it isn't directed by a single entity (well, the mainline kernel is directed by Torvalds, but he can't prevent organizations from tinkering with the code and releasing their own versions) that keeps Linux in sync with a certain vision. Linux's greatest strength and worst flaw is that it lacks standards and contains a lot of provisions for supporting old, legacy crap. Even on the level of a simple user, using any UNIX system demands a fair bit of knowledge, engagement and enthusiasm from the user. It isn't your popamole XBAWKS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom