Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale III incoming?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Of particular note is my nearly 30-minute Q&A with Feargus. Would you like to know exactly what Project Virginia is? Do you want the very first details about Obsidian's secret "Defiance" project? Perhaps you're interested in learning about yet another project they've taken on that utilizes a license that they simply "could not turn down"? Or maybe you'd just like to know what the future holds for the Icewind Dale series?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101629- ... sures.html

:retarded:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
We'll just have to wait and see. Defiance doesn't really tell us much, but it can't be a project name either seeing how they always go with State names for project names.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
4th Edition Icewind Dale?

Not sure if want...

As long as they don't turn it into an open-world first person game, I'd be somewhat interested.

abstract

Scholar
fuck this shit if it's not going to be done in 2d with hand-drawn maps.

Shannow

Waster of Time
20 Eyes said:

Not sure if want...

As long as they don't turn it into an open-world first person game, I'd be somewhat interested.
I'd like to try 4th ed. And considering that the only other realistic option for 3.5 ed would be IWD3 with the NWN2 engine...

catfood

AGAIN
Shannow said:
20 Eyes said:

Not sure if want...

I'd like to try 4th ed. And considering that the only other realistic option for 3.5 ed would be IWD3 with the NWN2 engine...

Yeah, at first I was a bit excited as well, but an IWD3 with the NWN2 engine is not something I'd like to experience. Even if a 6 character party would be allowed it would be a nightmare to control as evidenced by SOZ.

I've just started playing PnP DND 4E (first PnP game I've ever played so make that of it what you will) and I don't see why it wouldn't translate well into a PC game. The combat mechanics are similar to 3.5 and that worked "well enough" even in a RTWP system such as NWN2.

Also, I've always wondered how the whole PnP-to-videogame thing worked. That is, for example, now that 4the edition is out could a game developer still be able to get a license to design a game using the 3.5 or older ruleset? And could it be possible to create a commercial game in a setting which isn't officially suported in the current version of DND, let's say Dark Sun, using 4th edition rules?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Morgoth said:
If this shit is console exclusive and has Warcraft 3 style graphics I'm gonna kill Ferg with my own bare hands.

If that shit has Warcraft 3 art direction count me in as a an accomplice in crime.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Mrowak said:
Morgoth said:
If this shit is console exclusive and has Warcraft 3 style graphics I'm gonna kill Ferg with my own bare hands.

If that shit has Warcraft 3 art direction count me in as a an accomplice in crime.

? Obsidian doesn't really have an art lead that is into that stuff. Dungeon Siege III is their version of a "comical" art style and it looks extremly different from W3.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Shannow said:
...considering that the only other realistic option for 3.5 ed would be IWD3 with the NWN2 engine...

They could always just liscense the Temple of Elemental Evil engine...

...okay, probably not. :(

But it's nice to dream!

deuxhero

Arcane
Do not want.

It's not going to use a direct lift of the 3.5 rules ala ToEE (but with grappling and counter spells), so why bother when it will be a shit real time with pause system?

Exmit

Scholar
deuxhero said:
so why bother when it will be a shit real time with pause system?

Just like all infinity engine games ? Oh the drama ,it's gonna be sooooo bad compared to todays RPGS :retarded:

bonescraper

20 Eyes said:

Not sure if want...
I don't mind. As long there are any rules at all instead of dumb MMO/ARPG mechanics. And i think they're going to use their own new engine, 'cause that's why they bothered to make one in the first place, right?

:mca: :love:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll pirate it as long as Fagellone isn't doing any of the writing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah the whole 4th ed thing makes me go D:

Call me cautiously optimistic... As long as it doesn't have shitty god of dragon age war combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom