Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What Gaider thinks of their player base's intelligence

Dele

Liturgist
823187-gaider_large.jpg
Gaider1+copy.png
Goblin-Gaider.jpg

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Roguey said:
Shame, shame you guys.

2rSi6.jpg

This. What's so bad about easy games? Are you necessarily better and smarter just because you like a harder game? So you think this already fallacious reasoning makes you a better customer than the others? :lol:
Your money isn't better than the other guy's money you unreasonable elitist bastards, stop thinking it is FFS! The shit you're saying doesn't make me regret making games that make more money from the people who don't complain!

R00fles!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Huh, I must have been out of it a month ago.
2qbu3hi.png

2ntvh45.png

Just imagine how much smugger they're going to get when/if DA2 sells millions of copies. Take that, Codex.

DraQ

Arcane
Roguey said:
Shame, shame you guys.
be7rdf.png
I'd be very superior about this issue was it not for my preoccupation with fact that considerable portion of bio's 'fanbase' apparently cannot be trusted with selecting their own difficulty level.

If that's not the sign of profound mental retardation, I don't know what is.

:x

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roguey said:
Huh, I must have been out of it a month ago.
2qbu3hi.png

2ntvh45.png

Just imagine how much smugger they're going to get when/if DA2 sells millions of copies. Take that, Codex.

Heh. I hate Bioware but I gotta hand it to Gaider, he's not only swimming in bloodretard money while the codex rages impotently about socializing the game industry, but he also sticks it in with no lube. :smug:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
considerable portion of bio's 'fanbase' apparently cannot be trusted with selecting their own difficulty level

The issue here is that it is Bioware's fault for not anticipating the possibility that members of their fanbase could have selected a difficulty they were unsuited for. As responsible creators they have chosen to minimise the chance of this happening in the sequel, perhaps taking it away entirely. Why would you want it to be otherwise? Why do you persist in advocating wrongthink?

Mastermind said:
swimming in bloodretard money

As Bungie is to FPS games with a great story, could Bioware be the Bungie of RPG games with great combat?

SAGO

Barely Literate
WHAT. THE CODEX HAS NOT HATED EVERYTHING BIOWEAR HAS MADE.

LOOK HOW POPULAR BG2 IS ON THIS SITE. OUR MOST PROMINENT CRITIC HAS PLAYED KOTOR AT LEAST 7 TIMES. SOMEONE CORRECT MIKE LAIDLAW, I'VE BEEN BANNED FROM THEIR FORUMS.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Great. So Laidlaw is specifically mentioning rpgcodex, thus throwing all these shit newfags here.

Coyote

Arcane
I've pretty much assumed that Gaider has no respect for Biofans' intelligence ever since he made that comment about how they couldn't put friendly fire as a toggle on the options menu because "if someone flips that on and doesn't know that it will suddenly make their 'Easy' game not quite so Easy anymore... well, that wouldn't be good."

Mastermind said:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1168344-small-amount-of-new-info/page__gopid__17208694#entry17208694

Joke, right? RIGHT?

Referring to some guy actually believing conception is a real fucking skill, of course.

Now, now. Don't go too hard on the guy. Here, have a fishy stick.

DraQ

Arcane
Coyote said:
I've pretty much assumed that Gaider has no respect for Biofans' intelligence ever since he made that comment about how they couldn't put friendly fire as a toggle on the options menu because "if someone flips that on and doesn't know that it will suddenly make their 'Easy' game not quite so Easy anymore... well, that wouldn't be good."
I feel sudden urge to just strangle the shit out of this pretentious fuck.

Not for steering the genre in derp direction (though 10yr span seems like neat idea and possibly a fertile ground for C&C), not for recycling stories over and over again, lastly, not for making questionable dating sims blended with forced grimdark RPG wannabes with utterly tasteless art design.

No, I want to strangle the living shit out of him for being part of the reason we can't have the good things anymore. If retarded players are inevitable, then difficulty settings and numerous toggles can at least lessen the impact they have on our gaming experiences, but no! Apparently "too dumb to breathe on their own" is the new derp, and toggles or options of any kind will cause their vacant skulls to implode due to excess confusion or something.

Fuck you gaydar and may you get fucking strafed by a fucking A-10

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
Fuck you gaydar and may you get fucking strafed by a fucking A-10 :x

If this was the old Gaider an A-10 strike would have little chance of friendly fire occurring :smug:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
Great. So Laidlaw is specifically mentioning rpgcodex, thus throwing all these shit newfags here.

It's part of Bioware's sinister plan to slowly destroy the Codex from within.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
God, Mike Laidlaw is annoying. He talks like he knows Codex, but he doesn't know shit. We like several Bioware games, just not the shit you are making recently.

Multi-headed Cow

To be fair we tend to like some of their new shit, just so long as they don't call it an RPG. Mass Effect is a reasonably bro action game (If you're not Skyway), but when people talk about it in the context of AMAZING FUTURE OF RPGS I get cranky.

Dragon Age on the otherhand is mostly crap. Crap that unfortunately fooled me until my spirit was crushed under a mountain of trash mobs in combat and general retardation. I still get the giggles when I think about the end of the game, where the older warden says "OK BRO, YOU SUBDUE THE ARCHDEMON AND I'LL KILL IT BECAUSE I'M OLDER I'M OK WITH DYING" and then during the final battle he climbs up to the top of a tower, goes "DARGON!!!!!!!!" and hurls himself off of it and dies trying to jump on the archfiend.

Edit: Plus of course the two defining moments of my Dragon Age play:
http://hamand.eggman.us/crap/egad.jpg
http://hamand.eggman.us/crap/egad2.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Coyote said:
I've pretty much assumed that Gaider has no respect for Biofans' intelligence ever since he made that comment about how they couldn't put friendly fire as a toggle on the options menu because "if someone flips that on and doesn't know that it will suddenly make their 'Easy' game not quite so Easy anymore... well, that wouldn't be good.
Yes, have we all really, truly, definitely dismissed Gaider as just a guy that works for Bioware? Because really, almost every time I see him quoted in our prestigious magazine it's like he's a true Codex bro.

There are two sides to his posts, I mean. You can brush them aside as stupid gibberish or embrace them as the most successful trolling of a stupid fanbase. The Bioware fans are stupid sheep and because Gaider is a developer, they're all eating his shit and he's using it to his advantage to fuck with them and lower their... well, their everything. Possibly even their erections.

Unlikely, sure, but I'd hook him up with some shit if I ever meet him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom