Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Skyrim Preview Tidbits

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Excommunicator said:
Translation: We added a script to one of the corn stalks in a backwater village that increases the prices offered by the local vendor if you click on it and select "Burn this field down"
Even more likely, we'll get a quest to burn that single field - or not to burn.

Really, to get a working economy we don't need anything that complex (not at this point, anyway) - the main problem in oblivion/f3 economy was the lack of anything worth buying, plus way too easy to get rich.

Luzur

Good Sir
well every bandit and thug had glass/ebony weapons after a few level ups anyway, so no need to buy any equipment at all.

attackfighter

Magister
Luzur said:
well every bandit and thug had glass/ebony weapons after a few level ups anyway, so no need to buy any equipment at all.

That is your fault as a player. Perhaps if you had an imagination you could roleplay yourself buying food every day - that would certainly keep your cash down.

You must also roleplay a reason for the bandits having ebony armour: maybe they, I dunno, PERFORMED SOME BANDITRY!?!?! and got rich. With your imagination anything is possible.

DraQ

Arcane
Excommunicator said:
SerratedBiz said:
This

The economy of the game is better developed than in Oblivion. If you destroy a city's means of income (for instance, their crops) they'll need to buy crops from another nearby city, and prices in the city will go up.

Sounds most certainly like bullshit.

Translation: We added a script to one of the corn stalks in a backwater village that increases the prices offered by the local vendor if you click on it and select "Burn this field down"
Sounds like neobeth, alright.

ortucis said:
I hated Morrowind and Oblivion
Get out of here, faggot.

First time playing Oblivion, I enjoyed it.
I rest my case.
:smug:

attackfighter said:
Luzur said:

That is your fault as a player. Perhaps if you had an imagination you could roleplay yourself buying food every day - that would certainly keep your cash down.

You must also roleplay a reason for the bandits having ebony armour: maybe they, I dunno, PERFORMED SOME BANDITRY!?!?! and got rich. With your imagination anything is possible.
On illusionary, invisible people with Ebony armour only bandits can see.

kasmas

Educated
Burn a field sounds fun , looks like AOE spells will have some meaning outside combat

Luzur

Good Sir
attackfighter said:
Luzur said:

...Pete? Pete Hines? is that you?

a budda

Arbiter
DraQ said:
HoMM2_Units56.png
where'd you get sufur to upgrade so fast?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
attackfighter said:
You must also roleplay a reason for the bandits having ebony armour:

It's canon. Play daggerfall. If they didn't have ebony armor half the codex would cry endlessly about lore rape. :smug:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Tell me, Draq: What do you feel about bismuth? Is it not the most nextgen of all metals?

3uGKE.jpg

Look at the inclines on that beauty. :smug:

a budda

Arbiter
DraQ said:
op8vr.jpg

Any other questions?

not bad
but i still got these...
nboots.gif

will post pic tomorrow when sb takes it ( :obviously: mobile and not a photo junkie)

Twinfalls

Erudite
Nope said:
While I strongly doubt the gameplay will be anything to write home about it looks like the lore might be, going by Kirkbride's comment over at the Imperial Library.
http://imperial-library.info/content/elder-scrolls-v?page=8
Maybe I shouldn't say this for fear of being All Authorative and shit, but, guys, Skyrim is seriously in good hands. It's a return to form that is both the best of Morrowind and the best of Oblivion.

Yeah, I wrote that last part. *I* did.

We're going back to Tamriel, people. Show some hope.

The best of Daggerfall and the best of Morrowind would be a better combination.... exactly what was the 'best of Oblivion'?

Anyway, so far the tidbits have all been promising... if the writing is what he means by 'in seriously good hands' this could really be a great game.

Codexlurker

Savant
Twinfalls said:
Nope said:
While I strongly doubt the gameplay will be anything to write home about it looks like the lore might be, going by Kirkbride's comment over at the Imperial Library.
http://imperial-library.info/content/elder-scrolls-v?page=8
Maybe I shouldn't say this for fear of being All Authorative and shit, but, guys, Skyrim is seriously in good hands. It's a return to form that is both the best of Morrowind and the best of Oblivion.

Yeah, I wrote that last part. *I* did.

We're going back to Tamriel, people. Show some hope.

The best of Daggerfall and the best of Morrowind would be a better combination.... exactly what was the 'best of Oblivion'?

Anyway, so far the tidbits have all been promising... if the writing is what he means by 'in seriously good hands' this could really be a great game.

Being dumbed down?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom