Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Derpstorm

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So is this just a pure FPS or is there any exploration element to it?

Multi-headed Cow

Completely linear single long hallway level design, and I'm not sure I'd call it a pure FPS. Borderlands is probably more of a pure FPS than this. Shooting mans seems kinda secondary in this.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's a first person kick baddies into spikes which are fricking everywhere.

ortucis

Prophet
So basically, you are forced to use pointless moves to collect points to upgrade weapons in a (otherwise) linear and simple shooter.

Yup, not for me.

EDIT: The stupid quick reply is broken since ever. I always end up typing there. :decline:

Exmit

Scholar
Holy shit what a piece of shit, i uninstalled it after 5 mins , i cannot take anymore those cod , gears of war wannabes.

commie is retarded after all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ortucis said:
So basically, you are forced to use pointless moves to collect points to upgrade weapons in a (otherwise) linear and simple shooter.

Yep that pretty much kills any interest in it for me. There are already a few LP's up on youtube, maybe watching a couple of those will change my mind but I doubt it. After a few minutes it seems like Bioshock but even worse...

It strikes me as one of those indie high scoring/combo games, just with higher productions values. Would be fine at a $20 price point rather than the over hyped crap it is. Sort of like an FPS version of Magicka except Magicka: 1) Has somewhat interesting/unique game mechanics, and 2) is only $10.

Drakron

Arcane
Well I seen most of it I guess and my impression is ...

Its mediocre but its weirdly enough saved by the story and the characters.

Its a revenge story and by God, that guy is a fucking idiot but somehow he ends up as a lovable idiot as the General is so over the top that somehow that complete mess manages to work, opposite of "SERIOUS" FPS that are just the standard bullshit that is such a drivel, at least in this one people do call him a idiot again and again when he does something stupid.

Also it seems relative polished (things work as they should), I suppose its not a bad choice when price drops to the budget prices but yes, its a "on a rails" corridor shooter but considering every FPS seems to be a on a rails corridor shooter ...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In related news, the headguy from People Can Fly hates the PC.

Translation from potato by yours truly:

Yesterday, I've asked Adrian Chmielarz, the main creator of Bulletstorm, about the PC version, and the technical problems many players are concerned about. "That's why I hate the PC. When you release a game for the console, you know what to expect. When releasing for the PC - expect everything". Afterwards, he added that, of course, each game has bugs and tech issues, but 99% of the problems he hears about, are the users' fault, and not the developers (due to, for example, bad graphics card settings): "Thus, we get flak for something that's not our fault".

When talking about the PC, he added that he also used to play shooters exclusively via keyboard and mouse, and couldn't imagine playing them with a pad. But now? He prefers just that.

All that needs to be said about Bulletstorm :M

Remember kids, when you play a retardedly badly optimised game, it's because you suck at tweaking your graphics card, and not because the developers are complete failures at coding.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It has enough elements to be somewhat appealing to me and I'm sure -- like Borderlands -- the PC price will come crashing down and I'll be able to pick it up for $10 within a year.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The biggest problem is that this game tend to punish you for being creative.

You would think that if i sent a guy into the air, shot a explosive bola around him and then sent a rocket up his ass i would get extra points.

THAT is of course not how it works instead it has set ways to get points and IF you do not follow them to the letter you do not get any thing.

You can get 50 points for getting the BOLA around flying enemy and 50 points for the rocket up ass attack, but if you combine them you only get 10 points for a kill.

SO the game actually punish you for being clever.

ortucis

Prophet
Well they must have added what designers and playtesters came up with during development. You can't expect them to think of EVERY possible way a player would kill an enemy.

I mean, the game isn't mathemagically calculating the points for kills. It's just preset kills you get points for.

Pretty much why I hate such games. :P

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ortucis said:
Well they must have added what designers and playtesters came up with during development. You can't expect them to think of EVERY possible way a player would kill an enemy.

Considering that is pretty much the only focus of the game I'd think they would spend the balance of their time calculating various ways the enemies can die and adding them in as far as point rewards go or whatever the mechanic is -- the rest of the game is just a bland shooter.

Peter

Arcane
Also, in that situation, since you basically combined the 2 style kills, how hard would it have been to give you score for both and calling it a combo kill or something? From what I understand, apologize if I use the word incorrectly, they should have made the whole thing more modular.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
HanoverF said:
It's a first person kick baddies into spikes which are fricking everywhere.

lol, why would you want to, the guns are fucking metal in this game. Spike gun, grenade lasso, a quality pistol with an amazing secondary.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dunno what is wrong with you whiny cunts. Mommy didn't give enough titty to ya?

Hated latest CoD, uninstalled Gears of War after 15 minutes in it etc. But I played Bulletstorm till the end.

It is a manly game for men, not for weak shit excuses of women. You namby-pamby cock sucks couldn't spot a good game even if it came to your home and fucked you up your shit chute. In that very special way that your uncle used to.

I got myself a scotch, and I'm furiously fiddlin' with my balls, in anticipation of your butthurt.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
CrimsonAngel said:
You can get 50 points for getting the BOLA around flying enemy and 50 points for the rocket up ass attack, but if you combine them you only get 10 points for a kill.

That IS stupid. They should have gone with a Tony Hawk style of trick killing chains to rack up the points.
:thumbsups:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
sgc_meltdown said:
CrimsonAngel said:

That IS stupid. They should have gone with a Tony Hawk style of trick killing chains to rack up the points.
:thumbsups:

Er... There are quite a few combos that work. I think my record was 1000 points. Too bad there is not nearly enough ways to spend them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom