Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sawyer & MCA working together on new IP

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Code:
"We have a whole big cool world idea that we can hopefully talk about soon. That is a whole new world, a whole new thing. It's being put together by Josh Sawyer, who was the project director on Fallout New Vegas, and Chris Avellone is involved."

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/obsid ... #c33220022

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So... two people who work at the same company 9with one of them being a boss and the other being one of the major devs) arew orking on a game toghether? Say it ain't so.. it is fukkin' impossible....

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Volourn said:
So... two people who work at the same company 9with one of them being a boss and the other being one of the major devs) arew orking on a game toghether? Say it ain't so.. it is fukkin' impossible....

Yeah, can't believe it myself either.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There was some title they called internally... 7 Dwarfs (or something like that), I wonder if they are resurrecting that?

bhlaab

Erudite
I would love an obsidian-made ultima 10, but it'll never happen.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hobo Elf said:
Good. Now I can stop bitching about Obsidian not coming out with more original IPs.
Trying not to be too pessimistic, but the game's not out yet.

Baron

Arcane
I like Josh Sawyer being in charge of projects. Hell, I'd rubber stamp it if he offered to lead the war in Iraq.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
IronicNeurotic said:
It's being put together by Josh Sawyer, who was the project director on Fallout New Vegas,

:incline:

and Chris Avellone is involved."

:rage:

Oh well, at least it looks like Sawyer's in charge, which means he might be able to stem the tide of Avellone's derp.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Volourn said:
IP, aka setting, not game.

Nickless

Educated
The camera was never so bad in any of their games, you just need to adjust the settings in options. I bet most the people who bitched about NWN2's camera either had their impressions tarnished by the default setting, or were foolish enough to never change it. The only issue with it was hilly areas where the camera did not automatically zoom out, and thus had to be re-centered all the time.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
These fellows don't feel cool unless they hate Obsidian with all their heart and soul.

Let them!

For every fan there must be a hater- without darkness, light is worthless. It is when our opinions collide that our greatest energies are freed, just like the atomic bomb, or matter and anti-matter.

torpid

Liturgist
Post-apocalyptic spy game? r00fles!

Seriously though,

Crooked Bee said:
Dunno 'bout you guyz but I'm all
:yeah:

I'm expecting either a masterpiece or a terrible failure -- there is no middle ground.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IronicNeurotic said:
Konjad said:
So... Obsidian won't make Icewind Dale III?

They are in talks with Atari. It's not running yet but possibilities are high.
Just the possibility of this makes me want to fap. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom