Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Elder Scrolls V - IGN Rewind Theater

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXwsYRsQz4&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">There was a new Skyrim trailer.</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Then IGN decided to analyze this trailer <a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/24/skyrim-rewind-theater?objectid=93395" target="_blank">frame by frame</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101756-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gameplay-trailer-analyzed.html">GB</a></p>

T-T

Novice
It's funny they discuss every second of the dragon battle in the trailer, how the dragon's body and head reacts to every single blow "properly", and so on. Its obviously scripted to look perfect for the trailer, 5$ says that when Skyrim hits the shelves they'll be in for a clunky surprise.

Einhander

Novice
The game does look nice but i think its a scripted event as the dragon moves a little to nice for in game footage..If it is real then this will be fun :)

Angthoron

Arcane
And it's exactly shit like this that's the reason why we cannot have good things.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've got no doubt it's in-engine footage but it's obviously scripted, which makes it quite different from being "in-game" (as in, actual game-play). How else did they cinematically place the camera so the Dragon would fall into it, get those heroic shots of the guy without any armour (I mean come on, we'd take Dragons on in Daderic armour AMIRITE who'd use base shield and sword in their underpants) etc...?

Also, notice how they went so far as to show a bow and arrow... but didn't show it firing. Bethesda cannot into Archery. :smug:

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I'm interested in playing this a bit. I liked Morrowind a lot. Oblivion was horrible, but maybe this one will be more Morrowindy.

Black said:
Hey guys, I wanna be a dragon, too.

This seems to be a recurring theme as of late.

Shapeshift into a dragon, I wonder what this could mean...

Just like all the vampire shit - blood-drinking, shapeshifting and ritual sacrifice.

Who doesn't think that's cool?

Arcanoix

Scholar
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Black said:
Hey guys, I wanna be a dragon, too.

This seems to be a recurring theme as of late.

Shapeshift into a dragon, I wonder what this could mean...

Just like all the vampire shit - blood-drinking, shapeshifting and ritual sacrifice.

Who doesn't think that's cool?

Don't forget Vampires sparkle these days. . . . . :smug:

Yeesh

Magister
Clockwork Knight said:
The prerendered thing and the actual gameplay that you miss if you blink are correct, but are the textures that bad? They look average to me.
Yeah, they looked fine to me. As graphics continue to get more and more stupidly advanced, I don't know that nitpicking about imperfect textures or reused animations really fits in with the Codex philosophy of what's supposed to matter in games.

But with only 8 prerelease bitching months left, we'd better get cracking.

turul

Augur
2uo1f9z.png

"There is a HORSE in this frame, and it's not wearing a horse armor."
:o

Black

Arcane
Because they haven't bought the horse armour dlc.
Yet.

And if you are a funneh guy who makes jokes about 4 pixels tall chair you better make damn sure your shit is good looking.

Gord

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
get those heroic shots of the guy without any armour (I mean come on, we'd take Dragons on in Daderic armour AMIRITE who'd use base shield and sword in their underpants) etc...?

Two possibilities:
1. Level scaling is back, below level 25 you anyway won't find daedric armor. But dwagons are leveled, too, so it has only fur scales that early into the game.

2. Nord underwear has good armor rating. Again this might be leveled, so you won't find ebony (heavy diapers) or glass (light underpants) armor below level 20.

tehRPness

Educated
VentilatorOfDoom said:
<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXwsYRsQz4&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">There was a new Skyrim trailer.</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then IGN decided to analyze this trailer <a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/24/skyrim-rewind-theater?objectid=93395" target="_blank">frame by frame</a>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101756-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gameplay-trailer-analyzed.html">GB</a></p>
As if the concoles could drag that heavy a game. No way the game really plays and looks like that. :x

tehRPness

Educated
Yeesh said:
Clockwork Knight said:
The prerendered thing and the actual gameplay that you miss if you blink are correct, but are the textures that bad? They look average to me.
Yeah, they looked fine to me. As graphics continue to get more and more stupidly advanced, I don't know that nitpicking about imperfect textures or reused animations really fits in with the Codex philosophy of what's supposed to matter in games.

But with only 8 prerelease bitching months left, we'd better get cracking.
The point is that the graphics are all of the focus for marketing the game, instead of all the real elements that compose a game. If they can't even deliver a decent looking game despite using the word next-gen ad nauseam, Bethesda are bound to disappoint and make another shitty game that could otherwise have been a milestone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom