Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian Butthurt Detected

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I know. History will judge. I wonder what will they say to their grandchildren.

"What did you do for a living grandpa?"
"I made great computer games!"
"Whoa! Like?"
"Elder Scrolls: Oblivion!"
"That shit? Nobody even plays it anymore! Grandpa, you suck!"

waywardOne

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Havoc said:
And references to Something Awful. It's just shows that Obsidian has nerds, not like Bethesda and Bioware. That's a good thing! I don't like games made by jocks.

Have you seen Beth/Bioware's devs?

there's a difference between nerds and outright losers. nerds can fix your computer and explain C++ to you. losers just contribute to overpopulation.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Havoc said:
Mastermind said:
Havoc said:
And references to Something Awful. It's just shows that Obsidian has nerds, not like Bethesda and Bioware. That's a good thing! I don't like games made by jocks.

Don't be a drog, drog.

Do these look like jocks to you?
th_crazy_galsses_top_jd.jpg
3287652183_cfd6f34f07_m.jpg
823187-gaider_large.jpg
gg_pete%20hines_02.jpg

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
waywardOne said:
Mastermind said:
Havoc said:

there's a difference between nerds and outright losers. nerds can fix your computer and explain C++ to you. losers just contribute to overpopulation.

Dragon Age 2 sucked because Bioware devs can't program or fix a computer. Right. :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
J_C said:
Actually there are quite a few guys here who liked AP. So this just makes you a bad troll.
Paging Roxor, Commie & friends.

I LIKE ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH

(did I get the font size right?)

MCA
Mastermind, you are way too concerned with looks. Looks mean nothing. We aren't in the 60s any more. Anyone can look like anyone and be anything. Talk about complaining about superficial games.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Mastermind said:
waywardOne said:
Mastermind said:
Havoc said:

Dragon Age 2 sucked because Bioware devs can't program or fix a computer. Right. :smug:

Apparently they cant fucking make games anymore either. Just piles of steaming shit.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Havoc said:

Nonono. The problem isn't that they are "Nerds" and the other "jocks".

They are both nerds.

The problem is

This is Bioware

gaiderinterview_greywardens.jpg

stan-woo.jpg

This is Obsidian
308341-josh_eric_sawyer.jpg

avelloneITV.jpg

Now with which of these are actually capable of extended social interaction?

Even between nerds there is a difference.

(And I'm not making fun of that Bioware is fat. Feargus is also chubby but he has a awesome personality to go with it. Bioware takes their nerddom waaaay too far.

gromit

Arcane
Havoc said:
more sucessful at pussy jocks... some jock...
Don't you have a book report due tomorrow? Or something, you can go do? Paper route?

Anyway, I don't think it was intentional from the start - this place being "the Codex" is just a less extreme version of naming a site "Sword +1 dot-com." That said, I'm sure a snicker was had somewhere in the building at some point.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hobo Elf said:
Bioware: Embarassing social awkward subhuman scum
Obsidian: People you'd actually like to spend time with

Yeah, Obsidian are bros. :bro:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hobo Elf said:
And in case of MCA, surrender your ass to.

Sceptic said:
I LIKE ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH
:mca:

Havoc said:
wallace said:
Havoc said:
Don't you have a book report due tomorrow?

Fuck that! *Takes out Battlestar Galactica - The Board Game* Who wants to play some?
Are we playing "in-character" or can my Adama "sing" Raptori's 'Oi Beibi' (which results in riots)?

easychord

Liturgist
By Codex logic Epic are the best RPG company since CliffyB is the nerd who makes game development look cool and says that the future of shooters is RPGs. Origin was the worst because of Lord British.

denizsi

Arcane
IronicNeurotic said:
Havoc said:

They are both nerds.

The problem is

This is Bioware

gaiderinterview_greywardens.jpg

stan-woo.jpg

This is Obsidian
308341-josh_eric_sawyer.jpg

avelloneITV.jpg

(And I'm not making fun of that Bioware is fat. Feargus is also chubby but he has a awesome personality to go with it. Bioware takes their nerddom waaaay too far.

Hobo Elf said:

:salute:

Two posts worthy of remembering forever.

Quigs

Magister
Havoc said:
wallace said:
Havoc said:
Don't you have a book report due tomorrow?

Fuck that! *Takes out Battlestar Galactica - The Board Game* Who wants to play some?

And a +1 to you sir.

The BSG board game easily goes in the top 3 board games of all time. I earnestly dig the baseless accusations.

Twilight Imperium is the #1, though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
ap SUCKED. tHIS IS FACT.

i HAVE NO DIEA IF nv WAS GOOD, B/C i AIN'T PAYING FULL PRICE TO A fo3 EXPANSION BY THE SAME DEVS WHO made ALPHAshit AND sozzysozzsoz

Maybe, I'll give them another chance to find their MOTB glory with DS3.

ironyuri

I'd have a beer with Sawyer and Avellone, if the option was available. Feargus could come too, if he promised not to cockblock us.

Azarkon

Arcane

They are both nerds.

The problem is

This is Bioware

This is Obsidian

You could've just said -

Bioware: Canadians
Obsidian: The OC

Thread poster: nice catch.

Too bad Obsidian can't get an IP off the ground, but hey, living in the OC is expensive.

Ulminati said:
Damn, this thread is tempting me to give AP a try.

In short, the gameplay runs the gamut from mediocre to excruciating, cock and ball torture, mostly on account of terrible shooter mechanics and sub-par design of the stealth elements, among other things. However, this is somewhat mitigated by excellent characterization, solid writing, and one of the better implementations of choices with consequence.

There's a lot of bad shit to swallow, and it's not polished in the least. I wouldn't give it a hearty recommendation, but advise that if you want to try it, go in prepared for unpleasant experiences at times, but know that there are redeeming features.

MCA
Excellent characterization? Execution of a few characters were truly excellent and showed us what next-gen in computer games is supposed to be in RPGs the way Bloodlines also did. The rest? A pile of shit of comic stereotypes. Solid writing? Again, exclusive to those few characters. The rest was Hollywood blockbuster wannabe bullshit. Still, all of it was better than anything in DA:O. Writing in DA:O is similar to a thread full of whiny needy lonely aged children going emofag on each other.

Alpha Protocol is more like an essay in computer gaming with a few memorable and excellent but otherwise insignificant highs and lots of shit lows. Though even then, it still does better than DA:O.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom