Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Magna Mundi: Pakistan Ascendant

Giant douche or turd sandwich?

• Sikhism

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Religion of Peace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Calego

Novice
Hey bro, just registered to say I love you. :salute: Probably a whole horde of lurkers out there thinking the same; Photobucket's the best metric.

Good to see a tolerant MM LP from you after the great Arab-slicing, negro-shooting bonanzas. I think it'd be nice if, after a while, all the hippie love gave you a Religious Liberation CB on oppressive neighbours. Or at least some refugee bonuses.

Andhaira is :love: !

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Clearly the religion of peas can't invade another member of religion of peas. Or is Persia of the wrong religion of peas?

Persia has the right kind of peas, but if I get Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, I will get Nationalism on all Iranian provinces.

I can get a liberation CB from Bill of Rights, but that's not a proper conquest CB.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
One might ask why Andhaira has a tendency to battle Hinduists.
The answer is a quite simple one: While The Hindus agree with the Andhairavids on some animals being holy, they are sadly misguided in which animal.
So while cows are revered in Hindustan, this is not the case for goats.
As it is the case the only way to change this is by the sword.
And while each lost life is felt by Andhaira, his hand is forced in the mater.

In other words: I think you should go and conquer all Hindustanis first and foremost.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Faggot, I just want to say that your threads led to a rebirth of love for strategy gaming in me. The only games I truly played in that genre were X-Com and HOMM2. But this...this is goldenlicious.

So please please keep it up <3

jonnypolen

Liturgist
oliver_twist_begging.jpg

Please, sir, I want some more.

I like the way you think, Uncle Funkel. :thumbsup:

So, on a related note, are any of you going to give Magna Mundi the Game a whirl when it comes out in November? I'm probably going to do some LPs of it when I get it.

eu3game2011-03-2307-27-17-56.jpg

The Sultanate of Gujarat has been carved up between the infidel Kingdoms of Bihar and Vijayanagar. Gujarati refugees flee to Baroda, bringing with them tales of blood and horror. A Hindu warrior, with a wolfish grin and skin that cannot be pierced by any man made weapon, rampaged through the Sultanate. But a single soldier of Islam has survived an encounter with this infidel champion. As he succumbed to his wounds, two words passed out of his lips

"Super...star."

eu3game2011-03-2307-27-58-47.jpg

Peace still prevails in the Andhairavid dominions. The Shah encourages Sufi missionaries to settle in Baroda. A significant minority of the Gujarati population in Baroda is now Sunni Muslim, but a majority is still Hindu. Interestingly, there are no other religious minorities whatsoever in this general area. The multikult is confined to Baluchistan, Sindh, the Punjab and Delhi. I guess those Sikhs aren't really the adventurous types.

eu3game2011-03-2307-28-11-82.jpg

How's that for multikult?

eu3game2011-03-2307-30-30-98.jpg

An update on the Uzbek-Turkoman war. The Transoxianans have pushed north, occupying almost all of Qara Koyunhu's Uzbek territory. They've probably taken huge losses from attrition, which explains why they've failed to push the Turkomans back. Qara Koyunhu hasn't actually managed to gain much, but they're holding out. Transoxiana has lost swathes of land to Uzbek tribal rebels, so they're definitely feeling the pain from all of this. The war could turn either way. Regardless of the victor, Transoxiana isn't coming out of this in one complete piece. A weaker Uzbek is a stronger Andhairavid.

eu3game2011-03-2307-33-00-25.jpg

Another Basham comes to the court of Andhaira. Once a prosperous goat-herder, this man has turned his skills to the weaponization of the erotic beasts. So far his ideas are fairly lackluster, although the notion of a goat mounted cannon is quite appealing. At the very, very least he is an original thinker.

eu3game2011-03-2307-35-54-22.jpg

Ok, this is fucking ridiculous. The Shah is now officially butthurt. Delhi has not cored even though it has been the Andhairavid capital since the days of Andhaira I himself. Meanwhile, Panipat, a heathen province conquered in the last few decades, has indeed cored. I think the coring process is broken for Delhi because I made it a capital via decision. Should I core it with cheats, Codex?

eu3game2011-03-2307-36-19-89.jpg

The Hindus continue to squabble, even as Islam is slowly forced back to Andhairavid borders. This struggle has created strong, military infidel states. Heavens forbid that a Hindu superstate should form. Already the Shah has heard tell of a Hindu "Superstar" seeking to unify all the infidel peoples of India under a single banner. Perhaps he is the Hindu warrior that tore such a bloody swathe through the Gujarat Sultanate.

eu3game2011-03-2307-39-57-32.jpg

Almost there... Just a little longer and Andhaira will have 50 years of Jihad to cleanse India of Hindu dominance. Allah will surely bless the Andhairavid line should Andhaira V accomplish this herculean feat.

eu3game2011-03-2307-41-51-32.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2307-43-33-89.jpg

What.

WHAT

:x

:rage:

Our snappy uniforms are ruined! There is no hope! Jam your heads up your assholes and run for the Himalayas!

eu3game2011-03-2307-44-58-57.jpg

Maybe if we free the smelly underclasses, they'll make better uniforms?

eu3game2011-03-2307-45-20-21.jpg

Now that they are wealthy and powerful, the Vidyaniggers naturally think they're hot shit. Andhaira will put a stop to that in good time. For now, he is content to just piss in their cereal.

eu3game2011-03-2307-46-18-32.jpg

The Ming dynasty, meanwhile, is gone (Yet they still call themselves Ming). The Wang of Korea no longer holds sway over China, but the Joseon dynasty still holds power. The once proud and steadfast rule of the Wang has grown limp and weak, but it has not completely shriveled. The Wang's second son is Emperor of China. He is but a puppet to his father, who is possessed of great wisdom and girth. Of course, despite being one of the wealthiest places in all of Infidelstan, China is so riddled with internal strife right now that it is politically insignificant.

eu3game2011-03-2307-47-01-57.jpg

Don't say I didn't warn you, Vidyanigger. :smug:

eu3game2011-03-2307-48-40-66.jpg

Finally, the Andhairavid Empire has reached the next arbitrary technology level! Now the Shah can finally create a state bureaucracy, despite already having one to, you know, actually govern a heavily urbanized Empire based on commerce and taxation. This should improve my AE to positive levels. Combined with the inflation boost, the Andhairavid Empire now has the economic strength to sustain a long campaign against the Hindus.

eu3game2011-03-2307-49-05-40.jpg

Government level 18 is also important for another reason. As you, my faithful readers know, the Andhairavid Empire is a monarchy, and a glorious one at that. The problem is, the Empire is an Oligarchic monarchy. This is probably the worst government type next to tribalism. It's just there so that tribes can begin to sedentarize, but can't adopt an advanced government type. Oligarchy is simply Feudalism with an inferior Administrative Efficiency. I'm not sure what Oligarchic Monarchy is supposed to represent.

Now that I have level 18 Government tech, Transitional Monarchy has opened up. This is the only government type an Oligarchy can change into. In itself there is no difference, but Transitional Monarchies can switch to Despotic or Feudal Monarchies. From there, Andhaira can adopt a European style of Absolutism when the proper arbitrary technology level is achieved. Transitional Monarchy is supposed to be the transitional stage (Thus the name, durr) between a crude Oligarchy and more sophisticated types of government (like brutal despotism and decentralised feudalism!). Stability costs decrease drastically if you're at negative stability, so I figured I could just get back up to +1 stability and things will sort themselves out from there. I plug all of my orifices and take the plunge.

eu3game2011-03-2307-49-34-81.jpg

I take the plunge again. The Andhairavid people wont mind. The Shah has simply made his tyrannical autocracy formal. Andhaira is love. Love Andhaira.

eu3game2011-03-2307-49-53-02.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2307-50-04-78.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2307-50-45-84.jpg

And in a few months my stability rockets back up to -1. Things are still bad, but at least I don't have to
. wallow around in a state of civil war for several decades. That's one feature I like about MM. Stability is a bitch when things are calm and peaceful, but stability will normalize extremely quickly when everything goes to shit. Stability increase slows down significantly when you reach 0, and it continues to slow down each time it increases.

eu3game2011-03-2307-51-03-37.jpg

:yeah:

eu3game2011-03-2307-51-57-38.jpg

Fellatio to anyone who can actually tell me what the fuck Jainism is. Me and the Shah have too much deviant sodomy and glorious conquest (the two aren't mutually exclusive) on our schedules to look it up.

eu3game2011-03-2307-53-38-63.jpg

With the Empire in good shape, the economy booming, and stability restored, Andhaira V feels it is a good time for war. After all, there's no better way to celebrate peace and prosperity than a protracted war of attrition. As such, the Shah begins to expand Andhairavid Royal Forces for the first time in many years. Bihar will probably be the first target. The problem is whether or not the Vidyaniggers will intervene. Andhaira is confident that he can defeat a combined alliance of Bihar and Gondwana, but if the Vidyaniggers and their mythical "Superstar" are involved, then victory is not assured.

eu3game2011-03-2307-54-40-00.jpg

Yeah yeah, I'll declare war in a year or two you impatient pigfuckers.

eu3game2011-03-2307-55-42-35.jpg

In other news, more refugees are flocking to sparsely populated nomadic regions in the asscrack of Baluchistan. It's a pity. Baluchistan is now essentially a backwater. Andhaira I rode into Delhi on a tide of angry Baluchi goat-herders. Now Andhaira V will be carried to the Ganges Delta by crippled low caste Sindhi orphans. Allah works in mysterious ways indeed.

eu3game2011-03-2307-56-29-51.jpg

Also Sikhs. Maybe I should start conscripting some of these fuckers, seeing as I'm being so nice to them.

kazgar

Arcane
So, on a related note, are any of you going to give Magna Mundi the Game a whirl when it comes out in November? I'm probably going to do some LPs of it when I get it.

I'm probably going to wait until you've done some LP's of it to see what its like, been following all these, so the comparisons will be useful.

I think the coring process is broken for Delhi because I made it a capital via decision. Should I core it with cheats, Codex?

Do it, Delhi is yours, conquest awaits!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, I'm fairly sure something broke in the event chain for Delhi core, seeing how you normally can't relocate the capital to a non-core.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Yea, I'm fairly sure something broke in the event chain for Delhi core, seeing how you normally can't relocate the capital to a non-core.

This.

Any way Jainism seems pretty cool, religion of peace and all that, plus it's got this cool symbol to represent it.
JainismSymbol.PNG

:M

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Indeed, to make Delhi a core.
Jainism the opposite of the glorious religion of peace.
Indian religion that prescribes pacifism and a path of non-violence towards all living beings.

Drakron

Arcane
They are also vegetarians (part of their pacifism that goes down to even insults) and celibates.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Jains also wear veils over their mouths as to not suck in and kill insects, and carry brooms to sweep the ground in front of them so as not to crush any insects underfoot.

jonnypolen

Liturgist
The jains seem like a bunch of fags to me. The religion of peace should oppose them at every opportunity!

eu3game2011-03-2920-08-20-65.jpg

The Andhairavid Empire, thanks to the patience and wisdom of its glorious Shah and Khagan, is now economically prosperous once again. The new bureaucratic organization and a more sophisticated political system have given Andhaira the opportunity for economic consolidation. The Empire is rich and mighty. It is righteous and proper therefore, that Andhaira should go forth and subjugate the Hindus and add their lands to the domains of his forefathers. The Dar al-Islam has receded as of late. With Allah's blessing, the Khan of Khans will expand the frontiers of the Religion of Peace. Through glorious Jihad! For this to happen, the Andhairavid army must become the mightiest in all of Hindustan. The Shah commissions a royal artillery regiment for the Sindhi Horde, to assist in cracking open the tough Hindu fortifications.

eu3game2011-03-2920-08-29-28.jpg

The Shah also begins to develop military tactics for use on the battlefield. Most soldiers in the Andhairavid military still use the traditional curved sword and bow. The firearm has only been taken up wholeheartedly by the infidels to the south and east. Still, firearms alone are not enough to ensure victory on the battlefield. The Hindus lack proper drilling and organization. Even if his forces are inferior technologically, the Shah is confident that with superior organization and discipline, he can prevail.

eu3game2011-03-2920-08-51-15.jpg

Further west, the war between the Khans of Persia and Samarkand has come to a close, with the Turkomans emerging victorious. It would appear the Transoxianans were so severely mauled in their campaign across the steppe that they were forced to concede.The Khan of Persia only demanded a narrow strip of territory, just enough to connect his Persian and Central Asian land. They've both probably lost out overall. The Persian Khan gets to enjoy some worthless nomadic territory, while the Khan of Samarkand has now been blocked from further expansion.

Also a PU in the thigh and groin region of Italy.

eu3game2011-03-2920-24-56-94.jpg

Delhi is cored via Codex sanctioned save game editing :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-03-2920-26-46-73.jpg

More Sufis travel to Gujarat and Rajputana to preach and settle. Although the Sufis are looked upon unfavorably by more traditional Muslims, the Shah is delighted by their presence. a Sunni majority in Baroda continues to elude him, but the Sunni population is still slowly growing.

eu3game2011-03-2920-27-16-48.jpg

But of course, all good things must come to an end. The reign of Andhaira V has is over. Andhaira is dead! Long live Andhaira! This new Andhaira is not particularly suited to military conquest, but his faith in Allah will bring him many victories, or some nonsense like that.

eu3game2011-03-2920-27-31-68.jpg

:(

eu3game2011-03-2920-27-41-17.jpg

Meanwhile, ITZ just hit France.

eu3game2011-03-2920-28-49-75.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2920-29-16-65.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2920-29-05-77.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2920-29-24-31.jpg

Seeing as we're in Europe, here are some infidel antics. Not much has happened after ITZ was averted in Central Europe. The Knights of Rhodes have relocated again. Bavaria, now Emperor, has inherited Imperial lands from Austria.

eu3game2011-03-2920-27-55-87.jpg

Your shit is toast, Bihar.

After I recruit some more troops :M

eu3game2011-03-2920-30-42-90.jpg

Meanwhile, Sikh refugees flood out Transoxiana, seeking refuge in Multan. The Guru welcomes them with open arms, but the influx of thousands of foreigners does raise a stir.

I'm not sure if this is the result of my heathen tolerance or of the Sikh Haven in Multan. Probably the latter, as I've never had this event with heathen or heretic religions

eu3game2011-03-2920-32-38-15.jpg

To war! The Shah officially sends his declaration of war to the Bihari King, prompting the Vidyaniggers to march on Baroda. They are welcome to try. The Shah will grind them up with his mighty teeth and feed their gore to the royal attack goats

eu3game2011-03-2920-32-49-81.jpg

Thanks bros, when push comes to shove, I might just not rain furious hellfire down upon you. :thumbsup:!

eu3game2011-03-2920-33-23-28.jpg

ANDHAIRA! WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?

eu3game2011-03-2920-33-26-61.jpg

TO EXASPERATE YOUR ENEMIES!

eu3game2011-03-2920-33-36-67.jpg

TO DRIVE THEM BEFORE THE GD!

eu3game2011-03-2920-34-00-04.jpg

TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR MODERATORS!

eu3game2011-03-2920-33-51-20.jpg

Andhaira and Conan quickly move to capture the province of Agra, to guard against any possible flank attacks through Gondwana. The Shah quickly retreats, to defend against a possible Bihari counterattack. Preferably they will attack, then the Shah can crush them and push down towards the Ganges Delta.

eu3game2011-03-2920-35-24-09.jpg

As expected, the Bihari King sends presumably the last remains of his army to try and stop Andhaira. Which imbecile at his court decided sending a vastly outnumbered force to fight off an Andhaira I do not know. If the Bihari King is like most other Asian despots, he should probably start praying to one of his heathen polytheist "deities".

eu3game2011-03-2920-35-38-62.jpg

On the smaller Southern front, Vijayanagari troops begin to pour into Baroda. Fortunately they make no attempt to properly organize their attacks, so there is no great threat of defeat.

eu3game2011-03-2920-36-11-49.jpg

The result is a string of victories. Not particularly decisive, but still solid triumphs. The Bihari force will be pursued down the Ganges. When they are beaten, the Shah can confidently divide his forces to properly occupy the Ganges and Nepal.

eu3game2011-03-2920-36-36-81.jpg

Meanwhile, Finland!

eu3game2011-03-2920-36-42-49.jpg

Indonesia! We'll have to rob the native of their delicious spices sooner or later.

eu3game2011-03-2920-36-50-87.jpg

The last Bihari force is decisively crushed at Lucknow. The way to Bihar itself and the Ganges Delta is open, although for now the Shah is content to settle for the Western Bihar lands and some of Nepal.

eu3game2011-03-2920-38-07-22.jpg

The Shah personally lays siege to the Bihari capital city, while his generals push down the Ganges further west. Knowing how sieges work in this game, I'll probably be forced out by the sheer bloody minded defiance of the garrison. Capital cities get a big defensive bonus, as they should.

eu3game2011-03-2920-38-43-09.jpg

The surprisingly friendly Hindu state of Bundelkhand allows the Shah to march through its territory, to stop an incoming Vijayanagari force marching in through Gondwana.

eu3game2011-03-2920-39-19-30.jpg

I don't intend to take this province, although I would if not for the infamy cost. The Vidyanegroes have yet to put up much resistance. I'm not sure how they managed to beat Gondwana. They have no military ideas whatsoever. I want to secure their land route to Baroda though, just in case they have an enormous stack roaming around fighting rebels or something.

eu3game2011-03-2920-39-57-07.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2920-41-03-65.jpg

After repulsing the Vidyanegro attack, Andhairavid troops begin to gain some ground against Bihari defenders. Nepal will probably prove a tougher nut to crack, but with the judicial application of enormous phallic guns, anything is possible.

eu3game2011-03-2920-41-31-50.jpg

So far the Hindus have not put up much of a fight. They have lost every single battle. I was expecting tougher resistance. Perhaps in future, if the mythical Superstar ever finds his way to the battlefield, things will take a different turn. He is curiously absent. Perhaps he has left to defend the Hindu Kingdoms to the east.

eu3game2011-03-2920-52-44-25.jpg

Meanwhile, Khorasan seems to have sprung up again, cutting the Turkomans off from their steppe territory.

eu3game2011-03-2920-55-50-90.jpg

Butthurt detected. :smug:

It'd be nice if there was an option to crush troublesome factions through military force.

eu3game2011-03-2920-57-35-17.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2920-57-47-35.jpg

The troops of the Delhi Horde continue to tear considerable strips of territory out of Bihar. Not much progress has been made besieging Bihar itself, but the Bihari are firmly beaten at this point. As long as the siege assaults don't fuck me, crushing victory is assured. Otherwise, I'll have to settle for not so crushing but still pretty decisive victory.

eu3game2011-03-2921-01-10-89.jpg

Ooh. :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-03-2921-01-55-84.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2921-02-03-78.jpg

Thanks to the application of overwhelming firepower and abuse of attrition mechanics, Nepal and a huge stretch of the Ganges is occupied by Andhairavid troops. The war is won, but Andhaira VI insists that Bihar must be captured as a symbolic gesture.

eu3game2011-03-2921-03-30-64.jpg

Of course, I attempt to assault Bihar and fail miserably, despite a breached wall result. With only 1500 or so men left, Bihari raids are beginning to take their toll. It looks like the Andhairavids may have to settle for that still pretty decisive victory after all.

eu3game2011-03-2921-21-30-96.jpg

Having suffered horrendous casualties in the siege of Bihar, the Shah retreats up the Ganges. A peace is negotiated with the Bihari King, demanding that he hand over a large swathe of Nepal and the Ganges. It's mostly agricultural land. No really rich or powerful cities have been captured, but it is still a significant territorial gain. Bihar will make a fine addition to the Empire when it is conquered, alongside Delhi and Baroda.

eu3game2011-03-2921-21-54-59.jpg

The Vidyanegro King, on the other hand, is completely unwilling to concede anything whatsoever. In fact, he is even unwilling to sign a truce at all! This causes a considerable stir amongst both the Vidyanegro Aristocracy and peasantry. Andhaira VI wisely realises this, and attempts to exploit it by offering generous peace terms. Soon, the Vidyanegroes ill be so disunited that their King will be forced to concede defeat.

eu3game2011-03-2921-22-31-23.jpg

CODEX, WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom