Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
turn_based_fanboy said:
Mrowak said:
Knowing my fellow countrymen they might pull off something like "but SecuROM is not DRM!!1111".

That wouldn't suprise me at all considering all the PR how DRM is evil and they hate it and then they pull out the securom, activations and downloadable unlocks bullshit.

This potato is very angry with CDP at this moment

: x

Ok, during the conference the GOG guy said a moment ago that the GOG version of the game won't require activation the way DVD release will. However, it will have CD-key just in case you wanted to register to CDProjekt for free DLC and all language packs.

Also, you will be able to predownload 90% of the game before the release on 17th May.

TWitcher 1 is coming to GOG - initial price $4.99.

Volken

Scholar
dr. one said:
GarfunkeL said:
Incoming TASTEFUL!
ss_preview_tw_dojmy_38.jpg.jpg

Preordered. :salute:

BelisariuS.F

Augur
I've read previews at Destructiond and RPS, and I've noticed funny thing.

Reviewer at Destructoid claims that the combat is "far easier" than in TW1 (he must have found combat in TW1 very hard...) and that you just hack and slash, and also that C&C is very good (and gives an example of a small C&C).
Reviewer at RPS claims that the combat is more developed, and also that he didn't notice any different consequences (I suspect that the he doesn't know that the consequences appear after some time, and he just reloaded shortly after making the choice).

You just cannot trust only one source of informations...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
BelisariuS.F said:

Reviewer at Destructoid claims that the combat is "far easier" than in TW1 (he must have found combat in TW1 very hard...) and that you just hack and slash, and also that C&C is very good (and gives an example of a small C&C).
Reviewer at RPS claims that the combat is more developed, and also that he didn't notice any different consequences (I suspect that the he doesn't know that the consequences appear after some time, and he just reloaded shortly after making the choice).

You did read they were playing a Press Build of it right?

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Jaesun said:
BelisariuS.F said:

You did read they were playing a Press Build of it right?

Were they playing TWO DIFFERENT versions of a Press Build?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A number of people browse here from work, and have mentioned as such. Just keep that in mind. GD is however a different matter. :P

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Jaesun said:
oops! Missed your point that one Journalist is a dumbfuck and the other might be more reliable. ;)

Actually, the point was that they have two opposite opinions on two different things. Like, one claims that A=0 and B=1, and the other claims that A=1 and B=0.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
BelisariuS.F said:
Jaesun said:
oops! Missed your point that one Journalist is a dumbfuck and the other might be more reliable. ;)

Actually, the point was that they have two opposite opinions on two different things. Like, one claims that A=0 and B=1, and the other claims that A=1 and B=0.

Go back and read other articles written by the same author. It's not that hard to see which one is better and why. ;)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/14/cd-proj ... ore-164048

According to the announcement, via BigDownload, SecuROM will be implemented through other digital distribution methods besides GoG, and on disc; however, the game will only use the system in order to “keep pirates from leaking the game before its scheduled release date of May 17.”

Users will only need to log onto the net once to play the title, culling the need to be “always on” to continue playing the game.

PC users will have unlimited installs on an unlimited amount of PCs as well as the ability to play the game on five systems at once.

The game will also contain an an optional registration which will alert players to future patches and access to free content updates.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Jaesun said:
BelisariuS.F said:
Jaesun said:

Go back and read other articles written by the same author. It's not that hard to see which one is better and why. ;)

Would you be so kind and tell me which one is more reliable?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
turn_based_fanboy said:
How do they check if you play only on 5 computers if net connection is needed only once ?

hmm?

I would assume:

Install game on PC 1, connect to be able to play one time.
Install game on PC 2, connect to be able to play one time.
etc...

Drool

Novice
Based on the conference, now we also have group finishing moves.
Goddamn it, I'm sold.

Deleted member 7219

I wonder how they will stop people pirating the GOG version?

Still, all SecuROM games are eventually cracked. The pirates always win. It is legitimate customers who lose.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Matt7895 said:
I wonder how they will stop people pirating the GOG version?

Still, all SecuROM games are eventually cracked. The pirates always win. It is legitimate customers who lose.

That is the idea.
Why spend time and money on a system that will screw over the LEGAL buyers and not even slow down pirates.

Pirates will pirate there is nothing you can do to stop that, but punishing legal customers is always some bad mojo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom