Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Planescape: Torment 2: Win the Blood War Announced

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
DriacKin said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
PS:T is a miracle that only happens once in your lifetime.
:roll:

asd1tbt2.png

Erebus

Arcane
Don't you guys know that the Blood War has ended ? Asmodeus ate the soul of a lesser god of magic and it gave him the power to teleport the Abyss so far away that the Tanar'ri couldn't find their way back.

Elzair

Cipher
phelot said:
Just trying to think of how they'd do this. I guess a prequel would be easy enough, but otherwise it obviously would have to do with escaping the Blood War except that that ending seems to show TNO pretty resolute with serving out his fate seeing as how trying to cheat fate landed him into his current mess. Maybe take place in and around the Blood War or maybe TNO is sent as an agent into the other planes? In any case, don't fucking do it Obsidian!

Well, they could always do it like this.

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
Erebus said:
Don't you guys know that the Blood War has ended ? Asmodeus ate the soul of a lesser god of magic and it gave him the power to teleport the Abyss so far away that the Tanar'ri couldn't find their way back.

I guess from this thread the Blood war is still going on between Obsidian bashers regular bashers and Anti-Obsidian bashers.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Mus' it necessarily be a sequel? Mask of the Betrayer filled those shoes up pretty well, so maybe it's not the story that needs to be reused. It also managed to make a fantastic setting out of a Forgotten Realms game, so maybe the Planescape setting isn't what's essential either.

So do we really need a sequel? Both MotB and PS:T focused on the same theme in their storyline, namely torment and redemption. But there's a lot of other things you can use to make a good story. My personal favorite is the Exodus theme used in Homeworld, but you can take even the archaic Good and Evil theme and make something truly exceptional.

I don't think our chances of getting another game like Torment lie in the license.

Karbin

Novice
Why couldn't they make a lower budget sequel to PS:T that's PC Exclusive. Feargus is clearly smart enough to know that they can't turn it into a crazy Action RPG without pissing us off so why not create more of an old school CRPG?

Telltale Games proved that Adventure Games isn't a dead genre but just needed to be done on a smaller scale. I think we could have quality RPGs done by major studios and have it still be profitable by not making a ton of lavish cutscenes and voice work. All we need is a good campaign, music, and art design.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I never, ever, ever want to see a sequel to Torment. But another Planescape: _____________ game? Why not? There's no reason that any other Planescape game has to have anything to do with Torment but share a setting, and the Planescape setting is easily the best thing to ever come out of D&D. I could totally get behind another game set in Sigil, especially if it were to come out of MCA's head. Dude just gets the world; the way it should work and feel.

punchz

Novice
Karbin said:
Feargus is clearly smart enough to know that they can't turn it into a crazy Action RPG without pissing us off so why not create more of an old school CRPG?

lol

they are a business and you are part of a vocal minority. and by minority i mean about 2500 people. the idea of pandering to us will influence fuck all, mate.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Mister Arkham said:
I never, ever, ever want to see a sequel to Torment. But another Planescape: _____________ game? Why not? There's no reason that any other Planescape game has to have anything to do with Torment but share a setting, and the Planescape setting is easily the best thing to ever come out of D&D. I could totally get behind another game set in Sigil, especially if it were to come out of MCA's head. Dude just gets the world; the way it should work and feel.

.Sigurd

Educated
punchz said:
Karbin said:
Feargus is clearly smart enough to know that they can't turn it into a crazy Action RPG without pissing us off so why not create more of an old school CRPG?

lol

they are a business and you are part of a vocal minority. and by minority i mean about 2500 people. the idea of pandering to us will influence fuck all, mate.
Yeah, because only the Codex likes RPG and every RPG made have to be high-budget AAA game that need 5.000.000 copies sold.

What a dumbfuck. It's just that a niche genre like RPG needs niche-based production values.

Project: Eternity
Jaesun said:
Mister Arkham said:
Jesus fucking Christ how can there only be one real Planescape computer game?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
malko_sundervere said:
Jaesun said:
Mister Arkham said:
Jesus fucking Christ how can there only be one real Planescape computer game?
FRUA have several modules set in the Sigil. Planebound, afair. Should check my archive.

Erebus said:

Really? AHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. Morons.

Angthoron

Arcane
Mister Arkham said:

Something like this, yeah. I'd like to see Sigil again, much of what made the first game good was a well-made implementation of the setting.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Jaesun said:
Mister Arkham said:

Tycn

Savant
New Planescape game would not sell regardless of how good or popamole they made it. The setting hardly seems marketable to the next-gen crowd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom