Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age 3 Needs You

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age: Inquisition

<p><a href="http://twitter.com/#!/Al_McNally" target="_blank">Alistair McNally</a>, BioWare's Senior Director of Creative Development, is requesting your help in making the unannounced <strong>Dragon Age III</strong> a reality. From his <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/Al_McNally/statuses/71316422445371393" target="_blank">Twitter account</a>:</p>
<blockquote>I'm looking for exceptional environment artists to join me at #BioWare Edmonton, Canada to work on #DragonAge3</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Prosper, I hope you're paying attention.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2011/052111a.html">RPGamer</a></p>

1. Be chosen to work as environmental artist

2. Hide goatse in random textures everywhere, including Varric's chest hair

3. Release a Hot Coffee-style mod on the internet a few weeks after release, unlocking the "secret content"

4. ???

5. Enjoy the fall of Bioware (better than profiting)

anus_pounder

Arcane
Prosper can only bring :incline: to dragon age.

EDIT : Wait a minute. I think its more accurate to say, Prosper is the only one who can bring :incline: to dragon age.

Blasterhead

Educated
Now, I've never played any of this Dragon Age malarkey, but I know enough about it from lurking the codex. If they're hiring environmental artists they could actually be trying to avoid the recycled dungeon thing DA2 got hack for. Perhaps? Will be interesting to see how many mistakes they admit once DA3 comes out.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I would love to work at a place like BioWare, if only because they're one of the few larger studios still making RPGs. Sadly I highly doubt I'm qualified for this kind of thing and I'm not really in a position to travel. I do get the sense that they have a pretty open and friendly environment, but then, who knows how it really is behind closed doors and with EA's vice on them.

I think bursting out laughing upon reading the post (considering all the reused environments from Dragon Age 2) might also kind of rule me out of the running.

Micmu

Magister
You must be really desperate to work for EA...
Must be a mind blowing working environment.

Personally, I'd rather code HTML for food.

Data4

Arcane
sea said:
I would love to work at a place like BioWare, if only because they're one of the few larger studios still making RPGs. Sadly I highly doubt I'm qualified for this kind of thing and I'm not really in a position to travel. I do get the sense that they have a pretty open and friendly environment, but then, who knows how it really is behind closed doors and with EA's vice on them.

Jimbob, I think we have a potential subject for your next comic. :lol:

Melcar

Arcane
hoverdog said:
TheUnFlickable said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
Trash said:
It has to be an exceptional environment if they are to repeat if for the entire game.

I hear you, man. Quality over quantity and all that.

i don't think i was picked. guess i will go back to making my game.
:( :decline:

Well fuck those guys. They can't recognize talent even if it fucked them in their eyes.

Jaz

Educated
TheUnFlickable said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
Trash said:
It has to be an exceptional environment if they are to repeat if for the entire game.

I hear you, man. Quality over quantity and all that.

i don't think i was picked. guess i will go back to making my game.

a quick background check revealed that you frequent the rpg codex forums.

you never had a chance.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
amazingfallouttalkinghe.png

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Shame he only wants environment artists. I'm sure that awnsering his tweet with "You have my Axe" would qualify me as expectional writer.

circ

Arcane
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

WAIT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

EXCEPTIONAL? JESUS CHRIST BIOWARE SHITS ON ART DESIGN. IT SHITS GREAT BIG PILES OF FECES ON ART DESIGN. THEY WOULDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ART DESIGN AND A DIALYSIS BAG.

Fuck why don't just go raid your local kindergarten like you always do for your fucking team.

jazzotron

Liturgist
felipepepe said:
Shame he only wants environment artists. I'm sure that awnsering his tweet with "You have my Axe" would qualify me as expectional writer.
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom