Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian: We would make Alpha Protocol 2

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Obsidian: We Would Make Alpha Protocol 2

Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Alpha Protocol developers Obsidian, has told Play that he would happily make Alpha Protocol 2

The revelation came after Play asked how he felt about Alpha Protocol’s mixed critical reception. “That’s a hard one. I think there were things in the game we could have done better. We’ve talked about how the cover system wasn’t the best. Would it have been better with no cover system, so we could focus on other things instead? There were certain things we did really well – the whole story, the characters, the branching.

“Perhaps it was not necessarily the job we did but there was something beyond the game – how it was represented or how it was sold or what people felt we promised them. Something went off-kilter there. So there’s another lesson to learn about communication.”

“I think there were things in the game we could have done better”

When asked if he’d ever go back and revisit old IP, Urquhart admits that he would happily make a sequel to the spy game. “Of course. We’re not making Alpha Protocol 2 but I would make Alpha Protocol 2. To do a job like this, sometimes you have to be optimistic, you have to look to the future and say ‘We can do better.’ And I always believe that.”

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5876/obsidian-we-would-make-alpha-protocol-2

Micmu

Magister
Would it have been better with no cover system, so we could focus on other things instead
Yes, like not making it a piece of shit arrow-following cutscene-watching mole-popping piece of utterly dumbed down retard console shit.
tnx.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
“Perhaps it was not necessarily the job we did but there was something beyond the game – how it was represented or how it was sold or what people felt we promised them. Something went off-kilter there. So there’s another lesson to learn about communication.”

Of course. When you fuck up, it's because you failed to communicate your brilliance properly. Sounds like Obama. :troll:

Captain Shrek

I like AP. And I think this is a very bad idea. AP has so much bad publicity associated with it, this would be suicidal. They should do something else instead.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bring it on Obsidian. It will probably fail financially, but I will love you for it. :love:

Captain Shrek

mysterious-stranger said:
No point, story was finished in first game, makes more sense for a spiritual successor

:(

What about G22 and Sis?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
mysterious-stranger said:
No point, story was finished in first game, makes more sense for a spiritual successor

Story could easily have a continuation regarding what Mike does later. Also a prequel with Marburg/Albatros/Parker is easily possible.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sure, why not try finishing the damn game this time. Oh sorry, Obsidian, I forgot.

Dont they have better titles to do?

kofeur

Liturgist
Captain Shrek said:
I like AP. And I think this is a very bad idea. AP has so much bad publicity associated with it, this would be suicidal. They should do something else instead.

This, but still would love to see AP2...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Feargus would make Shit on a Plate: The RPG if a publisher gave him a big bag of money to do it. Beggars can't be choosers.

Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
A colon tumour would be a better game than Alpha Protocol, how's that for communication.

Holy shit. YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Best new game idea ever:

You are cancer.

You begin as a single mutant cell. Your mission: Multiply and grow into a malignant tumour which kills your host, with extra points for pain inflicted, disability achieved, etc.

The challenge at first is to avoid being killed off by the body's immune system, and then as the game progresses you face increasing levels of difficulty as chemotherapy, radiation, and even outright surgery come at you. You have to think strategically when you decide where to expand - do you go straight for a major organ, or do you focus your efforts on long-term viability in case you are detected early?

This could be big, guys.

1eyedking

Erudite
Roguey said:
Feargus would make Shit on a Plate: The RPG if a publisher gave him a big bag of money to do it. Beggars can't be choosers.
:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom