Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Witcher 2 Review Bonanza

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
J1M said:
One question: does combat still involve clicking over and over and over?

The first game looked interesting but I uninstalled it before completing the first town because the combat was so terrible.

1: Cast quen
2: Mash lmb or rmb -- either will do
3: when quien runs out, cast it again. If you can't cast quen, run around for 10 seconds, then cast it.
4: congrats, you win.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Ulminati said:
J1M said:

The first game looked interesting but I uninstalled it before completing the first town because the combat was so terrible.

3: when quien runs out, cast it again. If you can't cast quen, run around for 10 seconds, then cast it.

If you like doing the same thing over and over, sure - the combat sucks.
If you like making the fights longer, sure - the combat sucks.

If you specialize, you will win faster so the combat won't be a bother.
If you use all of your stuff, you will win faster, so the combat won't be a bother.

Summary: If you're an idiot, go and do the same shit again and again. If not, start thinking.

Black

Arcane
Havoc said:
Ulminati said:
J1M said:

If you use all of your stuff, you will win faster, so the combat won't be a bother.

Summary: If you're an idiot, go and do the same shit again and again. If not, start thinking.

Game shouldn't have such blatantly abusable mechanic, they should simply nerf Quen. Maybe buff other signs, because Aard barely does anything.

Lomm Cuz

Novice
Black said:
Havoc said:
Ulminati said:
J1M said:

Game shouldn't have such blatantly abusable mechanic, they should simply nerf Quen. Maybe buff other signs, because Aard barely does anything.

In fact Quen is not the only overpowered sign, if you use Igni and keep moving around you get barely the same result: all enemies killed without strategy nor real combat.

Besides, Aard is useful to knockout and instantly kill nearly all enemies, but it's easier to smashing Igni or constantly cast Quen.

The first game was easy as fuck, even in hard difficult, in fact I use the potions and oils just for my personal amusement, only a few times moved by necessity.

J1M

Arcane
Havoc said:
Ulminati said:
J1M said:

Oh, I wasn't aware that having to click for each auto-attack was the height of difficulty. Or that control scheme = difficulty. :roll:

Arcanoix

Scholar
SPOILERS AHEAD.

Kingslayer and Iorveth have different voice actors than in the trailers. Also - most of the scenes and lines in the trailers DO NOT appear. You don't EVER sit in the same room as his Excellency to discuss any possible 'future' or 'wars'. DLC- for now - is free - but the main campaign is complete garbage and veers away from the fact that the Kingslayer's are from the School of the Viper, and do indeed know Geralt personally - then why don't they ask or even hint in the flashbacks who the assassin was from the end of the first one? The ending is pathetic, narrowing it down to a single outcome:

Geralt is headed south to go after his first love (with his second one at his side, DUR) while Ithlinne's Prophecy is just beginning. (snow, ladybug, derp)

TELL ME - how many 'free' DLC's will be have to be released to make sense of the convoluted storyline now!!? HUH? Right. They won't be free because these dumbasses have A LOT of work to do.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
J1M said:
commie said:
J1M said:

Yep, it's a clickfest, just like every other RT RPG and most TB RPG's(though you click more slowly there).
Thanks for the answer, but the rest of your sentence does not jive with the reality I experience.

He was taking the piss dude. Not too many PC games that don't involve clicking the mouse over and over - regardless of the genre. ;)

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Black said:
Havoc said:
Ulminati said:
J1M said:

True. We need an Enchanted Director's Cut Special Edition. :smug:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
dune--gurney_halleck.jpg
The first game was easy as fuck, even in hard difficult, in fact I use the potions and oils just for my personal amusement, only a few times moved by necessity.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dirk Diggler said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqcoYcz9kso&feature

:lol:

Gigantic butthurt detected.

Wonder what is this 'particular website' he is talking about :thumbsup:

BelisariuS.F

Augur
What do you think, what scores this game would receive from "prestigious" magazines if it had been made by Bioware or Bethesda?

anus_pounder

Arcane
BelisariuS.F said:
What do you think, what scores this game would receive from "prestigious" magazines if it had been made by Bioware or Bethesda?

Isn't the game already getting 80-95 on the whole? Can a Bio Beth logo really help it do any better?

Phelot

Arcane
Dirk Diggler said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqcoYcz9kso&feature

Though I do have to admit, I don't recall getting prompts about certain keys. I remember the one about bringing up the signs, but they never mentioned the bombs or potions or anything else as far as I recall. Of course, not being retarded, I figured it out pretty quick, but it does suck that you can't seem to map keys out in game. For some reason, you have to quit out and change them from the launcher. Along with the retarded save game system, why exactly was this necessary? Manuals yeah yeah, but try not to be autistic and admit that it's fucking retarded that you can't simply change the keys from within the game.

Lomm Cuz

Novice
anus_pounder said:
BelisariuS.F said:

Isn't the game already getting 80-95 on the whole? Can a Bio Beth logo really help it do any better?

No, but it's easier to always repeat the same generic shit rather than really think about the matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom