Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A new RPG from CDPR?

Andhaira

Arcane
So basically they are going to make another Witcher game? It's probably a hacker and slasher, kinda like Dark Alliance.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
I'd say, they are going to revive the console version of TW1, that have been mothballed some time ago.

IronicNeurotic said:
Rhalle said:
How do they work so fast?

I mean, they had to code a whole new Witcher 2 inventory, UI, savegame system, screen resolution just to get it ready for consoles.

Man, those guys are good.

No? Witcher 2s interface is already pretty consoly and works fine with a gamepad. Its actually a little easier than with M&KB

Sarcastic pearls before swine.

Gerrard

Arcane
They said it will be Witcher related. They also said some time ago that the console version of TW2 would probably be shown at E3.
So it's either that, or resurrected Rise of the White Wolf on the new engine.

Suchy said:
Were'n they working on an FPS some time ago?
Yeah, They. But the development was halted and everyone working on it put to work on TW2. And the last thing I heard before that happened was that they pretty much completely redesigned it.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yes, someone posted this a while ago on the GOG forums.

In an interview CDPR's Tomasz Gop said that 'console gamers might be interested' and furthermore that it won't be TW3, as they 'haven't started work on The Witcher 3.' But 'it's possible in the future'.
But (and who wouldn't guess that first?) someone from CDPR later said that it won't be the console version of TW2, nor will it be a spin-off or expansion, but a brand-new project.

Maybe they resurrect Rise of the White Wolf or it's a console spin-off based in the Witcher world.

quasimodo

Augur
torpid said:
Metro said:
You're assuming that's why console players would buy Witcher 2. More like: over-the-shoulder-on-rails action game, boobs, cutscenes, surly hero. Witcher isn't as far divorced from Mass Effect as some of you portray and it's the similarities that will make it sell on console not the choice and consequence.

Exactly. I don't get the idea that the Witcher is somehow helping to curb the decline when, on the contrary, it's very much a game of its time, and perfect proof that the decline has already taken place: regardless of whether it's good or bad, a mainstream RPG is now an action game with a more involved narrative, some C&C and a light sprinkling of stats. Anything turn-based or isometric or stat-heavy is made either by indies or for handheld consoles.

This.

Neither CDP nor Obsidian are doing anything real to stop the decline. You guys might like TW2 and New Vegas better than DA2 and FO3, but it still the same kind of shit.

Ermm

Erudite
It will probably be that shooter game, which they were developing and put on hold (altough not cancelling), to focus on Witcher 2. That game's description is as bland as it gets. BANG BANG terrorists BANG BANG robots PIW POW Aliens.

MapMan

Arcane
It will prolly be just TW2 for consoles BUT I'd like CDPR to do totally different game (RPG, ofcourse) in a totally different setting on their engine. That'd be awesome.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
MapMan said:
It will prolly be just TW2 for consoles BUT I'd like CDPR to do totally different game (RPG, ofcourse) in a totally different setting on their engine. That'd be awesome.

Just for the visuals. Seeing the comment about "console, be happy" is a :decline:
The funny thing would be if they said "We have a great game for the consoles! A Turn-Based cRPG!" :lol:

Arcanoix

Scholar
Witcher 2 is garbage anyway. I have yet to even open it after the garbage ending. Yes, I said it - ENDING, not ENDINGS. Fuck them. When their CEO retired/left CDP:R, it was for good reason - his company started to turn to shit. Shit quality, prettier engine, big profit - all because of consolization.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Arcanoix said:
Witcher 2 is garbage anyway. I have yet to even open it after the garbage ending. Yes, I said it - ENDING, not ENDINGS. Fuck them. When their CEO retired/left CDP:R, it was for good reason - his company started to turn to shit. Shit quality, prettier engine, big profit - all because of consolization.

Too bad witcher 2 was better eh?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Playing a non-Geralt character in the Witchers setting would be kind of cool. Provided it was not console exclusive.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes. We should be playing as non-Geralt in The Witcher games too, as per original idea. Geralt being the protagonist unnecessarily limits the games IMO.

Rhalle

Magister
Toffeli said:
Yes, someone posted this a while ago on the GOG forums.

In an interview CDPR's Tomasz Gop said that 'console gamers might be interested' and furthermore that it won't be TW3, as they 'haven't started work on The Witcher 3.' But 'it's possible in the future'.
But (and who wouldn't guess that first?) someone from CDPR later said that it won't be the console version of TW2, nor will it be a spin-off or expansion, but a brand-new project.

Maybe they resurrect Rise of the White Wolf or it's a console spin-off based in the Witcher world.

Perhaps it will be both. That "Rise of the White Wolf" console port of W1 was mothballed apparently for financial reasons, and W2, as is shown by the utter shit consolified UI, was coded for consoles from the outset.

Maybe it'll even be something like them raising capital from initial sales of PC-only W2, just as sort of proof of their value, in order to launch a W1+W2 combo thing sometime in the near future. Clearly they want to run with the big boys and be a console platform player. Before they postponed the release, I can remember seeing a RotWW promo video with a Potato mouthing all the console developer buzzwords, like he had been to an XboX re-education camp or something.

Playing a non-Geralt character in the Witchers setting would be kind of cool.

This misses the point of TW altogether, tbh. :rpgcodex:

And, yeah, they also mothballed an alien invasion shooter as well. There were bits of video of it sprinkled in a 'We're CDPR And We're Awesome' teaser they released a year or two back, if I remember right.

Ah, I remember now: it's called They.

Courtesy of Google images:

they2.jpg

_-NVIDIA-signs-THEY-from-IMC-Metropolis-quite-early-for-their-The-Way-its-meant-to-be-played-program-_.jpg

6078620080422_082652_15_big.jpg

Devil

Scholar
MicoSelva said:
Yes. We should be playing as non-Geralt in The Witcher games too, as per original idea. Geralt being the protagonist unnecessarily limits the games IMO.
Then maybe his "daughter", more ass is always welcome.

Seolas

Liturgist
Any other Polish novels they might turn into an RPG?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom