Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CDProjekt RED giving free Head to Fans

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Some buyers of the <strong>The Witcher 2 Collectors Edition</strong> received a damaged Geralt bust. I feel with you, but fear not: <a href="http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/41/" target="_blank">CDProjekt is aware of the issue</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>We are aware&nbsp; some purchasers of the Collector&rsquo;s Edition of The Witcher 2 received sculptures that were damaged during shipping. We apologize for this, and ask you to contact us at <a href="mailto:geraltsculpture@thewitcher.com">geraltsculpture@thewitcher.com</a>&nbsp;for a replacement. Please provide a picture of your damaged sculpture and proof of purchase. This offer is open until the end of June.</p>
<p>Unfortunately, the production of more sculptures will take up to one month, so we ask you to be patient. We expect to send them soon after the end of June. After that time we will start sending replacement items. To apologize for your inconvenience, we will also include a small surprise in every package.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>News brought to you by Angthoron.</em></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
By the way, as someone has already pointed out in the CDPR news post, the email link is for some reason bugged and adds an extra T where it doesn't belong. Curiously enough this seems to have carried over. Just write the address manually or correct it yourself - for some reason even copypasting it results in "sculpture" written as "scultpture".

...Or maybe VoD will fix it in the article somehow. :M

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If I bought the CE version I would purposely damage the bust just to receive the surprise.

Angthoron

Arcane
Maybe they're babby potatoes. Those should be available til the end of June.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
fKDjA.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
I still think a Witcher amulet would have been better, and this backs me up (a piece of sturdy metal isn't going to break in shipping)

DriacKin

Arbiter
News like this always make me wonder: Wh the fuck would anyone buy a 'Collector's Edition' of a game in the first place?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
CDPR is really trying hard to please people. That's good. Enjoy it while it lasts. Witcher 2 will skyrocket them into superdeveloper status and in a few years they won't give a damn about their fans.

History always repeats itself.

Micmu

Magister
What stuff is this fragile figurine made of, anyway? Plaster?
If it was carved out of proper potato this would never happen.

Esquilax

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
villain of the story said:
So who wants to see a bust of Geralt being smashed? I can set up a video in a couple days.

You'd buy the CE just to break one of the things that comes with it? :?

Shut up, can't you see he needs attention and is trying to be edgy?

Johannes

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
villain of the story said:
So who wants to see a bust of Geralt being smashed? I can set up a video in a couple days.

You'd buy the CE just to break one of the things that comes with it? :?
Scratch it -> take pics -> get new one & smash the damaged one?

Angthoron

Arcane
micmu said:
What stuff is this fragile figurine made of, anyway? Plaster?
If it was carved out of proper potato this would never happen.

Plaster probably.

And I disagree with that assessment, if it were made of proper succulent potato, the border guard would be too tempted to feast upon Geralt's scrumptious bust and you'd not even have something to take pictures of. And CDPR would never replace it because it's hard to part a polack and his potato - besides, they'd never believe you didn't eat the bust yourself.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom