Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3 Extended Walkthrough

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

<p>Let Casey Hudson show you the extreme <strong>Mass Effect 3</strong> gameplay in <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-mass-effect/714902" target="_blank">those two</a> <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-mass-effect/714904" target="_blank">trailers</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>ME3 - now with visceral melee attacks.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/103317-mass-effect-3-gameplay-video.html">GB</a></p>

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ME3 now with more derp!

BioWare has so far been mum about the multiplayer details for Mass Effect 3, with not even a hint at today’s E3 presentation. However, our secret source today confirmed during wee hours of the first day of E3 that the action-RPG is all set to have a full-fledged multiplayer campaign, which will be unveiled near the end of the year.

Additionally, our source also detailed some parts of the multiplayer campaign. Here’s what we’ve been told:

The game will feature a Horde style multiplayer mode with “crap loads” of maps.
It will also have the regular modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.
The Horde mode will have objectives like Capture The Flag, King of the Hill, and simple shoot-to-kill ‘waves’ as well.
Up to four players can play cooperatively in the Horde mode.
Maps are “fairly small” but well designed.
Players can choose from 6 different classes, or use a prebuilt one’s. Our source didn’t confirm what those classes were, but we reckon all those from ME2 will be present.
There will be a level cap of 60.
Some of the enemies were confirmed as well: Geth, Marauders, Husks, and a new enemy type called Brutes. The source described them as insanely “huge ass”.
The game will also feature a ‘multiplayer store’. The store will carry upgrades for weapons, etc. and other items.
Players will be able to buy said upgrades and items by earning in-game money based on their performance in the multiplayer. Our source wasn’t sure if the in-game money can be earned via the single player campaign as well, “but I doubt it. Seems like the (singleplayer and multiplayer) modes will be separate.”

Project: Eternity
I see they sexed up Ashley with a new improbable haircut. :lol:

It just looks like more of the same (i.e. more of ME2) with some small additions like those melee attacks and jumping and stairs, which is perfectly alright with me really. A small bucket was cum'd.

Data4

Arcane
I saw a Gamespot video where the Kinnect voice feature was demonstrated and it looked goofy as hell with dialog. It'd be one thing if Shepherd didn't have a voice, but with the added derp of the dialog wheel, it just looked ridiculous.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Doesn't look worse than ME1&2, will most likely get it.

However, I hate the faces. They look like made from plastic.

korenzel

Educated
The overly-scripted corridor-shooter feeling was stronger than ever during these two sequences. I guess Mass Effect has completed its mutation into yet another Call of Duty clone, with dialogue and romance on top. At least it's sci-fi.

Holographic blades used to kill enemies ?

Cerberus joined forces with the reapers .?

Extended RPG mechanics by choosing different versions of powers at level up ..?

Ashley became a teenager ...?

I think I'll pass.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They added fucking swords into my S-F game! It's only cool in WH40K!
I will be forced to rescue all those xeno bastards the multiculti way?!
Atleast they didn't turn my Ashley into manga character, Didn't they? :decline:

:rage:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Even more Gears of War like than ME2 :lol:

Not really surprised though, since ME2 I have put the series in the Action TPS genre, I just wish Bioware would stop classifying it as an RPG. The worst part though is the damn masses eating this shit up. I see them in the comments saying how this is a great RPG, dialogue wheel is revolutionary, cool new takedown animations are supercool innovation etc. That kind of shit is why AAA titles are heading in the dumbed down idiot-catering direction.

Anyway, looking forward to further :decline: in the industry.

meh

Educated
I will be definitely secretly playing this :D

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
meh said:
I will be definitely secretly playing this :D

Secretly indeed...

I will probably buy, but than again I don't only play RPG's (I don't mind the setting or easy headshots) so you wont see me on here trying to tell the cRPG purists that Bioware isn't moving in the opposite direction to what they would like (though at this point they're irredeemable I would imagine).

ME3 or DA2 - which is better and why? :lol:

Oh, man, it's turning out to be even worse than predicted, I'm actually overwhelmed by the herp in the footage to derp properly:
- Cerberus working with the Reapers. Anyone wants to guess why? Hint: ME3 is made by Bioware.
- Even more RPG goodness! Now, you can choose which version of magic power to level up. Changing the nature of the man each time.
- Swords fuckyeah! If that doesn't make it an RPG, I don't know what does.
- The shootan part is as retarded as ever, though, so nothing new there. I pity the poor sods who find it fun.

All in all, it's ME3. Didn't expect anything of quality. They could've toned down the annoying "Cha-ching!" sound throughout the presentation hype train, though.
I'm already giddy anticipating all the juicy retardation it'll provide us with to laugh about.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I :lol: ed when the whole audience hooted and gasped at the clumsily executed melee attack in the Hudson/Kinect video. It's like they've never fucking seen such a thing before. Admittedly, I very rarely had to use the melee attack button in ME2, and I'm willing to bet others were in the same situation, but I refuse to be surprised when the feature returns in a slightly flashier form.

Wulfstand

Prophet
It looks JUST like ME2. Oh well, guess it'll run good on my 3 year old rig.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Looks awesome!

14ui8as.jpg

each class has its own unique melee attack, its better than fucking punching 10 feet mech with your fist or fukking elbow. but its bioware so it must be :decline:
fukking codex :x

circ

Arcane
BioWare don't understand how to optimize, so I doubt it. Alteast not with the AA etc turned to EXTREME.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom