Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Duke Nukem Forever - Gold

Angthoron

Arcane
Duke is no Rance.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
$10 says that the user reviews on meta critic scores higher than Dragon Age 2. At least Duke is honest with us.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Torrented it. At the beginning it was really fun (especially the part when you can take turd in your hand and throw it :D). Some really funny jokes, etc and quite impressive interaction.
But then I suddenly got bored by boring shooting and blendish world. Uninstalled it. I think I just watch a compilation of funny stuff in this game on YT (for what I've seen - it's worth it). It will save me couple hours of boredom.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Everyone who admits to have found the turd throwing funny should be instagranted a dumbfuck tag.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Alright, I got to spend a couple of evenings playing through this. It's as bad as you guys make it, and more.

It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Anything in-game that even looks like it could be cool, soon deteriorates into shit. I felt like launching into a long rant about how bad and disappointing this game is, but in the end I just couldn't bother with it. When you need to do a QTE to unscrew a fucking BOLT from a VENTILATION GRATE, you're officially a menace to the gaming industry.

This game has beaten Daikatana off its perch as Most Overrated Piece of Shit Game. I'm actually surprised it took the gaming industry 12 YEARS to do that.

Hmmmmmmm....got my next game in from Gamefly. I open it up...

Duke Nukem Forever.

Ok, so they skipped Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner*, Risen, Devil May Cry 2, Final Fight PS2, The Bouncer, Fallout: New Faggot, and Shadow of the Colossus to send me a new game. And it's this one. It can't be that bad....right? Trip report in a day or two, I guess. The Codex can at least enjoy my suffering...

*Why the fuck can't I find this shit for a reasonable price (no, $70 "acceptable" condition on Amazon is not reasonable)? I might have to break policy....

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
There was a decent part in the game where there were no gimmicks, no "humor" and just run-n-gun.
Rest was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Zedspot gives it 2/10.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's the problem with a lot of today's 'FPS' games: they waste 70% of the game on stupid puzzles, vehicles, and quicktime events and not... you know... shooting things. Hopefully Serious Sam 3 breaks from that trend.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Ok, so they skipped Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner*, Risen, Devil May Cry 2, Final Fight PS2, The Bouncer, Fallout: New Faggot, and Shadow of the Colossus to send me a new game. And it's this one. It can't be that bad....right? Trip report in a day or two, I guess. The Codex can at least enjoy my suffering...
Do you not have a good PC?

Renegen

Arcane
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Hmmmmmmm....got my next game in from Gamefly. I open it up...

Duke Nukem Forever.

*Why the fuck can't I find this shit for a reasonable price (no, $70 "acceptable" condition on Amazon is not reasonable)? I might have to break policy....

I feel bad because at my local independent video game store they had brand new Devil Summoner, Nocturne, and I had to choose Digital Devil Saga. Fuck. Oh well, I am kinda burned out of SMT anyway after I played 4 of them or so.

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner

Why the fuck can't I find this shit for a reasonable price (no, $70 "acceptable" condition on Amazon is not reasonable)? I might have to break policy....

You wanna this thing here-ho? We dont wanna it, hee-ho. In fact, we hate it, that's why we print like 100 copies of each game-ho!

Art-jack_frost.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
Metro said:
Angthoron said:
A fairly good review of the game, and with someone that speaks decently, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86vWgaLuwE

Edit: He even mentions the decline of gaming in the end.

I closed the window as soon as I saw it was that Total Biscuit moron. Sorry, can't stand him.

That's a shame, because he gives some very well-articulated criticism of the game, the current genre direction and the industry as a whole.

What's your issue with the guy, has he derped about something in a massive manner?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom