Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Placing props in scenes useless?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Am I missing something or is there no way to copy the settings you made for a scene from one to another? It's annoying to have to set the weather and backdrop each time for scenes taking place in the same location at the same time... However, if you place down a bunch of trash in a scene, you have to repeat the process for all scenes as well.

Furthermore, how come extras don't retain their customing from scene to scene? It's a bitch to have a series of scenes in one location at one time and you have to remember how you dolled up the extras for each one. It might not be so bad if the extras weren't wearing random garbs for the most part from scene to scene or didn't have random haircuts, which seems to happen a lot.

Section8

Cipher
Does dragging the existing scene (by the top frame) onto the create new scene icon work? I've not used prop dressing at all because it seems like a pain in the arse for no gain, but it would be stupid to force the player to redress the set for each scene.

For extras, I just make a point of saving their getups as a custom outfit, even if only temporarily.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yep, gotta set dress and light each shot on a set individually, generally not worth the bother to place lots of props.

You can drag extras for a costume for the entire movie the same way you do stars, just drag em to the clothes hanger on the title screen.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Make sure you save the custom costume for the extra though so you can recall it easily in a later scene if needed. I usually save them under the name of the actor/actress everytime I make a movie.

Also, the only reason I can see for dressing up sets with props is if you're doing a movie to upload. Other than that, it's a waste of time as it has NO effect on your ratings in game.

Balor

Arcane
I thought that guest posting was disabled?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom