Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FEAR 3 is shit

xemous

Arcane
FEAR 3 is a real let down

I dont recommend this game

FEAR 3 is shit

you dont need to add an artifical cover system u fucking idiots you just use the movement keys and crouch, how hard is that

Last edited:

MetalCraze

Arcane
FEAR 3 is shit

Really?! Are you sure?!

you dont need to add an artifical cover system u fucking idiots you just use the movement keys and crouch, how hard is that

I don't understand what you mean. Moving both analogue sticks at once is very hard

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Darth Roxor said:
Well, good Lord, I never saw it coming!
Yeah, it's not like the second game was shit... oh wait.

xemous

Arcane
the first and second game were excellent as is everything monolith produces.

baronjohn

Cipher
I got as far as the suburbs before giving up on this popamole trash.

The worst is how even though the levels all have very different themes, because you have this console popamole mechanics driving level design, all the encounters in all the levels are exactly the same. Tiny 2-20m engagements in areas full of convenient crates - you play the first five minutes and you've seen the whole fucking game, same as with that alice shit and all the other shit games they make these days.

Raapys

Arcane
It's not all bad. It made me replay Fear 1 again, which in turn made me realize that Fear is actually one of the better shooters I've played.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not surprising considering the first is the only halfway decent one and even that it suffers from a few flaws.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
xemous said:
the first and second game were excellent as is everything monolith produces.
No and yes.

Monolith had a streak of very awesome FPS's pretty much since their inception (though Blood 2 was... well, your mileage may vary), up to Tron 2.0. Then, within a couple of months, the decline suddenly set in. Contract JACK was... ok, though by that point it was probably their worst FPS. FEAR was cool but ultimately... again, just ok, and pretty boring once you get past the gimmicks. Then FEAR 2 came out and I stopped caring about Monolith. And then I found out that, even though Monolith were on the credits of FEAR 3, the president of some other developer was doing all the talking.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
F.E.A.R. holds up pretty well and can still manage to be challening. Slow-mo remains fun to use until the end, and even if I can understand the criticism of the samey environments, it's not that bad. It's one of the few shooters on rail I can revisit from time to time and still enjoy.

F.E.A.R. 2 on the other hand … Ah, well, I still like it, but what a disapointment it turned out to be.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
How do people feel about Condemned? It's more of a first-person beat-em-up/survival horror title than a shooter, but it seems lately like they've been far more invested in that universe than they have FEAR's, what with their extra-long development cycles and now farming the games out to other studios.

sea said:
How do people feel about Condemned? It's more of a first-person beat-em-up/survival horror title than a shooter, but it seems lately like they've been far more invested in that universe than they have FEAR's, what with their extra-long development cycles and now farming the games out to other studios.

I don't know how "people" feel about it, but I thought it was tedious, repetitive and far too railroaded. Druggie #74 gets the same treatment as druggie #12 and everyone in-between - taser, axe, taser, axe, wait for new area to open up, repeat.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
iirc the partial reveal in condemned 2 about
the hallucination transmitters killing birds and making black goop demons and infected hobos
was kinda anticlimatic. Then there's the making the female supporting character younger and hotter. And then
you get a dragon shout.

Just once I'd like horror game reveals to be more of old school supernatural than new school hidden world under the real world retardation(see: Asscreed). Usually the problem is trying to make it have a dan brown quality scientific basis for all the spooky ass horror shit so the people who think that shit is clever pat themselves on the back for enjoying a plot that turned out to be deep and realistic all along.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The problem is of course game writers. They are so much fail no movie or TV scene will have them so they write their shit for games.

That's why 95% of games retards claim to have "good writing" have it cringeworthy at best.

Lunac

Arcane
FEAR 3 is shit

A given.

Let me ask you, and same question could be posted in every DS III thread popping up lately: why do you guys play these games? I mean, a good chunk of you have shown above-average awareness in ability to discern shit games from good, at least when compared to an average 15yr old consoletard (not saying much). So why play these shit games when outcome is almost certainly to be known in advance? I skipped all FEAR games and even threw away a PC copy of the first one which was gifted to me (and I tend to keep every piece of shit for the PC that comes in the box or a sleeve, dating back to late 80s. Fuk! For some reason I still have all the demo discs from mid 90s that came with various magazines, all loaded with now ancient demos of PC games.).

So why? It is obvious these games are shit, jap-horror-wannabe faggy shit shooters, that got consolified more and more with each release. So what is it? Research, boredom, or the fact many here ARE in fact consoletards? Again same question goes for DS III players and few other latest titles that are getting attention around here.

No trolling, just curious...

Lunac said:
Let me ask you, and same question could be posted in every DS III thread popping up lately: why do you guys play these games? I mean, a good chunk of you have shown above-average awareness in ability to discern shit games from good, at least when compared to an average 15yr old consoletard (not saying much). So why play these shit games when outcome is almost certainly to be known in advance?

The answer is simple: They're addicts. They have to gobble up every piece of shit that hits the street. I used to be that way myself until I finally recognized it as an addiction/habit.

They would never admit it, of course, but it's true, nonetheless.

baronjohn

Cipher
Lunac said:
Let me ask you, and same question could be posted in every DS III thread popping up lately: why do you guys play these games? I mean, a good chunk of you have shown above-average awareness in ability to discern shit games from good, at least when compared to an average 15yr old consoletard (not saying much). So why play these shit games when outcome is almost certainly to be known in advance? I skipped all FEAR games and even threw away a PC copy of the first one which was gifted to me (and I tend to keep every piece of shit for the PC that comes in the box or a sleeve, dating back to late 80s. Fuk! For some reason I still have all the demo discs from mid 90s that came with various magazines, all loaded with now ancient demos of PC games.).

So why? It is obvious these games are shit, jap-horror-wannabe faggy shit shooters, that got consolified more and more with each release. So what is it? Research, boredom, or the fact many here ARE in fact consoletards? Again same question goes for DS III players and few other latest titles that are getting attention around here.
Uhm, well, I tried it because it wasn't obvious that it was shit. I hadn't played 1 or 2 and there were no reviews of 3 to determine its shittiness.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
sgc_meltdown said:
Just once I'd like horror game reveals to be more of old school supernatural than new school hidden world under the real world retardation(see: Asscreed).

Or better: do not reveal everything and leave a part to the imagination. The second Condemned is console-only, and so I haven't played it, but I read a summary of the story and what was revealed about the dark watchers felt amazingly stupid. That's a shame because they were rather nice in the first game and there wasn't much told about their nature, except that they were tied to the vague of murders and violence — does that make them the embodiment of hate?

ChristofferC

Magister
Lunac said:
FEAR 3 is shit

A given.

No trolling, just curious...

DSIII is a solid game.

Tycn

Savant
Lunac said:
We're a community of elite individuals. Do you expect us to dismiss a game based on assumptions and previous experience alone? Perhaps you would find the Bethesda forum more to your liking. They make a lot of assumptions there.

What the majority of newfags fail to realise is that we are justified in our hatred. Our judgement that a game is shit is the product of our collective blood and tears. Trudging through a shitfest for the seventh time so you can state with absolute authority that it is shit... that is the mark of a fucking Codexer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom