Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Magna Mundi: Pakistan Ascendant

Giant douche or turd sandwich?

• Sikhism

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Religion of Peace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Currently my naval forcelimit is 28, but money really is a non issue, and I'll be absolutely rolling in gold when I conquer Goa and the southern territory starts to core. Inferior technology, distance, and an inability to explore are the main issues if I wanted to go Africa-Europe.

Esquilax

Arcane
Drakron said:
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Unless of of course say Scotland is independent and one can get military access through them and land troops there before declaring war on the Brits.

Even in that case you would still have to carry troops across half the globe and you would have to have a very relationship with Scotland, a very unlikely scenario.

Practically Ceylon would be the next target and then the choices would be east, west and/or south ... going west would mean shitty desert and Islam as East would mean Burma, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos as South would mean Malaysia and Indonesia.

Of those I guess the best choice would be East due to a weak navy were taking Malaysia would still be feasible later.

Going after Ceylon is probably the smart play, but going after the Persians has storyfag appeal. The Muslims have incurred the wrath of the Great Goat.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Holy war of peacefull eradication against the religion of peace?
Why not?
The crescent-faggots have long enough had an unhealthy disrespect of goats.

Of course time does no longer net the possibility of a complete success, it would however be fun to see how much is possible.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Furious Flaming Faggot said:
Currently my naval forcelimit is 28, but money really is a non issue, and I'll be absolutely rolling in gold when I conquer Goa and the southern territory starts to core. Inferior technology, distance, and an inability to explore are the main issues if I wanted to go Africa-Europe.
It's also to remember that against any actual navy your navy is sunk instantly without having the arbitrary minimum number of naval ideas.

Calego

Novice
I hope the new National Ethos thing doesn't have that sort of restriction for navies. It's silly to have to wait 50 years or more to get an extra two idea slots and be able to build a fleet.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, it's a load of bullshit. It's a typical modder overdoing something business, where instead of making naval ideas good they made them arbitrary.

Short, peacetime update tonight. Sorry about the wait, but I found myself somewhat occupied. I'll try and get another update in tomorrow.

eu3game2011-06-1208-05-28-41.jpg

The Goat soars ever higher! The Vidyanegroes are vanquished, but the conquest of India is not entirely complete. Portugal must be thrust out of Goa, and Orissa must be annexed. The Shah will permit his people their weakness, there will be a respite from war for a few years. Then, conquest will be renewed.

eu3game2011-06-1208-06-12-21.jpg

eu3game2011-06-1208-06-27-34.jpg

The Vidyanegroes maintained a sophisticated administration over their homeland territories. Order is fiercely maintained by Andhairavid troops, but the destruction of the Vidyanegro power structure has lead to the utter collapse of local government.

eu3game2011-06-1208-07-03-06.jpg

At the time of the Andhairavid conquest, a huge revolt was taking place in and around Madurai. Remaining rebel elements are put down with brutal force and marvelous efficiency. This leaves the usual religious fanatics and small nationalist groups to content with the Inane One and his legions. The Shah intends to keep an iron grip over the South until they are fully integrated into the Empire.

eu3game2011-06-1208-07-19-10.jpg

Meanwhile, after a series of rebellions, two separate Irish states have wrested independence from their British overlords. As you can see, England has conquered Scotland and formed Great Britain. If you chaps are set on Andhairavid-Britain, Ireland looks like a good potential springboard for an invasion.

eu3game2011-06-1208-09-53-57.jpg

baba.jpg

:yeah:

eu3game2011-06-1208-10-13-80.jpg

The Andhairavid Empire is easily the greatest land Empire on Earth, and, with the new fleet, the Shah can contend for domination over the Indian Ocean. The will of The Inane One is felt far outside his borders. Regardless of whether the Emerald Empire fosters hatred or respect, it is most certainly responsible for a great deal of fear. Pro Andhaira! :salute:

eu3game2011-06-1208-10-31-72.jpg

:rpgcodex:

Yet still, insolence such as this still persists. This no doubt comes from the cowardly scum who consider themselves outside the Shah's reach.

eu3game2011-06-1208-11-10-64.jpg

The Shah is currently bound by a truce not to attack the Raja of Orissa for several more years. In the meantime, the Shah and his military leadership are quite confident that Goa must be conquered as soon as possible. The Portuguese are recovering from another civil war, and their Indian presence has been waning as of late.
The new fleet should be sufficient for fending off Portuguese blockades. The Catholics mounting a successful defense of Goa by land is a laughable prospect. The Shah has the Gujarati Horde move to Konkan in preparation for the invasion, while the Bahmanid Horde deals with a small revolt in the South.

eu3game2011-06-1208-14-06-62.jpg

All the while, the Shah begins a large scale reform of the Admiralty and naval command structure. The simple maintenance of a large fleet has already revealed several flaws in the Shah's naval organisation. If the Andhairavid Navy is to fend off the Iberians, these problems must be ironed out.

eu3game2011-06-1208-15-04-17.jpg

The administration of the Empire, principally due to the recent conquests, has begun to slip again. This is problematic but not unexpected. Little can be done about it at this point, although it may well be wise to refrain from any sustained wave of conquest for few decades.

eu3game2011-06-1208-17-01-25.jpg

His troops in position, and his fleet sufficiently re-organised, the Shah prepares to send his declaration of war.
The Portuguese military presence in Goa is pitiful, and it is doubtful they will be able to send a particularly large fleet against the Shah. It does appear that they are allied with the Spaniards, but they shouldn't prove overly problematic at sea. Everything seems to be fitting together nicely, surely nothing can go wrong now?

kazgar

Arcane
surely it won't be a big infamy hit for one region though, not like he's gonna annex portugal. Assume its sit on the region, survive some counter attacks and wait until they finally give up and let go of the province?

Or even take it over, take some cash, and then sit on a truce for a bit and do it again.

kazgar said:
surely it won't be a big infamy hit for one region though, not like he's gonna annex portugal. Assume its sit on the region, survive some counter attacks and wait until they finally give up and let go of the province?

Or even take it over, take some cash, and then sit on a truce for a bit and do it again.

Probably going to be the former there. It's already the mid 1700s, so I don't have enough time to piss about, especially if I'm going to go on a (successful) spree of conquest.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
The only way to get Goa is probably to stretch the war long enough to become "defacto" owner, and then settle for a white peace, as it will be hard to be more than a nuisance on other fronts.
Actually, wouldn't your navies sink of attrition long before reaching European shores?

Also: Screw Infamy, no need to limit yourself to one enemy.

Conkrete Knight said:
The only way to get Goa is probably to stretch the war long enough to become "defacto" owner, and then settle for a white peace, as it will be hard to be more than a nuisance on other fronts.
Actually, wouldn't your navies sink of attrition long before reaching European shores?

Also: Screw Infamy, no need to limit yourself to one enemy.

Attrition is quite significantly worse in MMU for long voyages, so I would need one or two African provinces as naval bases if I wanted to invade Britain.

Calego

Novice
Heh, as goofy as invading Britain sounds, today's UK actually does have the biggest Sikh community outside of India.

eu3game2011-06-1208-17-06-01.jpg

Of course, the Raja of Assam loyally answers the call. The extent to which a small landlocked Kingdom can provide aid against two premier naval powers is perhaps dubious, but the gesture is appreciated.

eu3game2011-06-1208-17-44-32.jpg

The capture of Goa itself poses no problem. The recent attack by seafaring Arabs left the Portuguese with only a handful of men, bolstered by local recruits of suspect loyalty. The Catholics will refuse to cede their colony at first, but the new fleet should be enough to repel any counterattack by heathen forces.

eu3game2011-06-1208-17-58-46.jpg

Spain is definitely the greater threat. Their presence on land and at sea is far more notable than that of Portugall. Bohemia is landlocked, and therefore barely worth noting. Both Portugal and Spain have been experiencing a long period of severe internal strife, meaning they are more inclined to accept peace. Nevertheless, the natural pig-headed stubbornness of the Christians means they will undoubtedly refuse an acceptable peace until firmly beaten at sea.

eu3game2011-06-1208-18-47-53.jpg

It would seem the plague that struck the Shah's Bengali vassals has spread westwards. This outbreak is troublesome, and comes at a bad time. It will probably amount to little, but the Shah still feels compelled to enact some temporary quarantine laws in Bihar.

eu3game2011-07-0312-12-18-71.jpg

Portugal is experiencing a civil war. Their situation is not at all helped by their completely incompetent head of state. The Portuguese military must be very frail, if they cannot even defend their home country.

eu3game2011-07-0312-12-43-94.jpg

W-what? Well fuck. Quarantine it then? This is bad, but hopefully it wont spread any further.

eu3game2011-07-0312-13-21-44.jpg

:mob:

Bourgeois Revolution! The fatcats are trying to seize power! This drastic social change comes at a rather inopportune moment. Perhaps the plague itself is fueling this movement? It is too early to tell, but the Shah must lead his people through the storm. Between a plague, societal chaos, and a war, events have conspired to rob Andhaira of his prize.

eu3game2011-07-0312-14-16-34.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0312-14-30-07.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0312-14-44-47.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0312-15-03-95.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0312-15-36-60.jpg

:retarded:

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

I...I don't think much else needs to be said about this. Maybe someone had their way with a Portuguese woman and caught something nasty?

eu3game2011-07-0312-17-06-78.jpg

Meanwhile, despite the horrors back home, Andhairavid sailors are seeing squadron after squadron of Iberian ships to the bottom of the ocean. It is absolutely vital that the Indian Ocean trade be protected, especially considering the plague. Without that trade, and considering the current instability, the Andhairavid economic structure would fall to pieces.

eu3game2011-07-0312-17-35-64.jpg

They're only lower class. No great loss. If modern India is any indication, they can fuck faster than they can hit the floor. Hopefully the supply of peasants will hold out. M:

eu3game2011-07-0312-18-17-98.jpg

:x If you don't bring me some good news already I'll have your balls flattened with an iron goat-hoof!

eu3game2011-07-0312-19-13-75.jpg

That's better. The plague seems to have faded after only a few months, leaving filth and devastation in its wake. The Shah will have to look into this outbreak after the war. For now, every layer of society is in chaos, and Catholic ships harass Andhairavid coasts almost constantly. Threats both internal and external must be swiftly dealt with, Goa will be a Sikh dominion.

eu3game2011-07-0312-20-45-20.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0312-24-28-74.jpg

The fleet meets with mixed success. Considering the vast advantage the Iberians hold at sea in terms of technology and experience, this isn't a particularly bad result. Fortunately, neither the Portuguese or the Spaniards have sent a single large fleet. Small blockade squadrons aren't a problem, but fleet actions at this point are being won purely on numerical advantage.

eu3game2011-07-0312-24-35-41.jpg

The Shah orders the construction of several frigates with what resources he can muster, should the war last for longer than another year.

eu3game2011-07-0312-24-57-53.jpg

:thumbsup:

eu3game2011-07-0312-26-57-80.jpg

Sorry bro, nothing to spare. Good luck with the Portuguese super-AIDS.

eu3game2011-07-0312-27-53-64.jpg

Meanwhile, professional butt-pirates are wreaking havoc in Andhairavid waters. The battle for Andhairavid coasts is beginning to turn against the Shah, but the Iberians shouldn't be able to sustain their losses for much longer.

eu3game2011-07-0312-31-43-35.jpg

Ukrainian nationalist groups are stirring up trouble, demanding representation and plague-free potato! : x

eu3game2011-07-0312-33-54-15.jpg

The Pork'n'cheesers are willing to accept peace in some form or another. This is good, their stubbornness is beginning to fade. It'll still take some time before either the Portuguese or Spanish are willing to cede Goa.

eu3game2011-07-0312-44-17-13.jpg

The aristocracy is butthurt over the emergence of a powerful middle class, and the lack of servants willing to work for a turnip a day in the aftermath of the plague. Oh, this brings back memories of when such a thing would have actually mattered whatsoever in the grand scheme of things.

eu3game2011-07-0312-45-47-06.jpg

But, eventually, after a prolonged, low intensity naval war, the Portuguese finally give in. The Portuguese Minister of State, for Portugal is now some sort of dictatorship, cedes Goa. The Spaniards remain adamantly opposed to peace, but they will probably falter in a few months. The plague seems to be past us, and the war has been a triumph. I think this venture could be called an overall success.

eu3game2011-07-0312-45-58-54.jpg

Ours is the only true shade of green! Pro Inanus! :obviously:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Those naval battles looked really disappointing considering your numerical and leadership bonuses. I see that Portugal's naval tech is 42. What is yours? Are they really that much more advanced than you, or was using the same fleet without proper time to repair what got you?

eu3game2011-07-0312-47-07-36.jpg

The Spaniards agree to a white peace. Their fleet has been severely mauled by the triumphant Andhairavid Navy. The Admiralty has proven its worth. Without the fleet, Catholic blockades would have strangled the vital Indian Ocean trade, bringing the Empire to financial ruination. The Sikh-Iberian war is brought to its conclusion.

eu3game2011-07-0312-47-30-36.jpg

Disloyal scum! :x

I'll let them break away, and then smash them into the dirt like the closet goat-haters they are. It's not as though Deva Bengal is a particularly vital military asset.

eu3game2011-07-0312-48-55-15.jpg

A look at the trade map. As you can see, provincial goods are split roughly evenly between Baroda in the West, Bihar in the East, and Goa in the South. I've been focusing almost exclusively on Government and Land technology, so Production is still quite shit. Currently trade is helping with technology, while taxation is providing most of the actual hard cash.

eu3game2011-07-0312-49-36-02.jpg

:thumbsup: The Multikult is thriving.

eu3game2011-07-0312-50-59-23.jpg

Ideological freedoms granted by successive Shahs, alongside a growing medical profession in the aftermath of the plague, has lead to the dubious practice of illegal human dissection. The Shah wouldn't pay any heed to this if it wasn't becoming a political problem. Neutrality would do little more than exacerbate the problem, while actively allowing human dissection could lead to open revolt. In the end, Andhaira opts for the safe route, understanding that this sort of change is inevitable regardless.

eu3game2011-07-0312-52-24-43.jpg

This grave-robbing issue is part of a larger crisis. The conquest of Hindu lands, the terrible plague, and increased trade with Europe has seeded new ideas amongst the people of the Empire. Ideas are dangerous. The Andhairavid Empire was always a progressive state, but now it is old. It has been centuries since Andhaira I first lead his Hordes to the gates of Delhi. The Shah feels threatened, and therefore decides to clamp down on these free thinkers. The stability of the Empire is the highest priority.

eu3game2011-07-0312-55-54-75.jpg

:smug:

eu3game2011-07-0312-57-02-41.jpg

But, the Shah has lived long enough, enjoying his fair share of triumphs. He will not live to see the total conquest of India. The annexation of Orissa will fall to Andhaira XIV. This new Andhaira is a suave politician, making a good first impression on his neighbors.

eu3game2011-07-0313-00-03-40.jpg

Is good. :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-07-0313-00-18-11.jpg

Andhaira XIV is a man of principle, resolved to surround himself with men of skill and intellect. Truly, the Fourteenth Shah is a herald of great incline!

eu3game2011-07-0313-01-10-27.jpg

The Shah's early reign is marked by a period of rapid recovery from both the plague and the Iberian War.

eu3game2011-07-0313-05-52-35.jpg

Meanwhile, ITZ has hit France. Also notable are British Orleans and Burgundy in Franche-Comte.

eu3game2011-07-0313-18-34-14.jpg

The Shah is no stranger to military matters, but he also understands political necessity. The Andhairavid Hordes compose one of the largest standing armies in Asia. Needless to say, this is intimidating, and does little good for foreign relations. Andhaira XIV, despite the protests of his Generals, would prefer to be looked upon as a goat in sheep's clothing. To this end, a large cutback is made on recruitment, although the standing army itself is not reduced.

eu3game2011-07-0313-18-54-75.jpg

The new Shah also has a rather different stance on religion. Barely into his twenty-first year, his policies reflect his youth, and are far more open minded than his fathers. Prisoners jailed for crimes such as dissection, or criticism of government are let out. This sparks a wave of religious protest, but the Shah is adamant that his country must not become in any way backwards. Even disorder can be a good thing, if it prevents stagnation.

eu3game2011-07-0313-23-04-62.jpg

jousting-animals.jpg

Goat jousting is the greatest sport ever devised by man or monkey.

eu3game2011-07-0313-23-15-84.jpg

The Shah, to further his diplomatic efforts, has recruited a disciple of Andhairavid Inanism. Through the masterful use of meaningless speech and gesture, one can deceive the enemy in all manner of ways. They will be left witless, dazed and slightly aroused, almost as though they had encountered a devilish Djinn.

eu3game2011-07-0313-25-13-39.jpg

This diplomatic campaign is itself a ploy, to draw attention away from the annexation of Orissa. This will be a crucial event, even if it is only symbolic. When Orissa waves the banner of Inanity, then India will finally be an Andhairavid dominion. The Orissans, being the last free Hindus in the Subcontinent, have allied themselves with Assam. The Shah dearly hopes his Hindu cousin will not forsake the goat, but should the Assamese Raja side with Orissa, then the Fourteenth Andhaira is fully prepared to visit hell upon his brothers.

eu3game2011-07-0313-25-28-88.jpg

:rpgcodex: I am disappoint.

eu3game2011-07-0313-25-49-43.jpg

Of course, Orissa itself proves laughable. The final conquest of India is perhaps anti-climactic, but the chance for glory is ever plentiful, and the Assamese must be punished.

eu3game2011-07-0313-26-00-43.jpg

India is Inane! :salute:

The goats roam freely across all the lands of India. Assam must be humbled, but after that that, who knows? The great dream of Andhaira I is fulfilled. It took fourteen Andhairavids, but it is done. Where next, Codex?

Calego

Novice
:bro:

All hail Andhaira XIV! May he reign for ... 66 years.

I say put your navy to use. Overseas conquest! Wherever's richest and most accessible: Malaysia, China, wherever.

Esquilax

Arcane
We need an EXTREME European Invasion at some point for a thrilling climax. Preferably Britain. There's nothing more inane than fighting a naval war against the most powerful naval country in the world... on their own turf.

However, if you'd to play it safe and be a huge pussy, Ceylon seems like easy pickings and looks quite profitable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom