Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Magna Mundi: Pakistan Ascendant

Giant douche or turd sandwich?

• Sikhism

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Religion of Peace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ceylon, only then is all of India truly inane!

Sorry for the delay, I'd have updated yesterday but my connection crapped out.

eu3game2011-07-0313-29-33-29.jpg

The Bihari Horde rolls into Assam, occupying their capital and placing the Shah's cousin under guard. Andhaira XIV intends to make it perfectly clear that any betrayal of Andhairavidism will not be tolerated.

eu3game2011-07-0313-31-48-29.jpg

The Horde moves deeper into Assamese territory, smashing the Hindu army and occupying the province of Brahmaputra (Fraps decided not to take those two pictures, it was just about 12,000 men and resulted in a complete rout).
The Assamese are allowed to keep their independence, but their continued heathen blasphemy is intolerable. The Assamese Raja, in exchange for continued political independence, agrees to adopt Sikhism as the state religion of Assam. The Bihari Horde is promptly removed from Assamese territory. A Sikh wedding is arranged between the Baluchi and Assamese branches of Andhairavid, reaffirming the old bond between the two states.

eu3game2011-07-0313-32-14-00.jpg

The Raja will make a good Sikh. The majority of his court nobles also convert, to curry favour with their monarch. Along with the nobility, a significant portion of city dwellers adopt the new faith. This is a glorious day for worshipers of the Great Goat.

eu3game2011-07-0313-36-19-47.jpg

But what is this? The Tibetan Buddhist Imperialist Yak-eaters (for the Yak is the slave race of the heavenly Goats, and is therefore a sacred body) seek to snuff out this bastion of Indo-Chinese Sikhism! Of course, the Shah declares his intention to crush the Tibetans. The Bihari Horde is mobilised against the Buddhists. This war will reaffirm the glorious Andhairavid Alliance.

eu3game2011-07-0313-37-15-52.jpg

:x Uncouth sodomites.

eu3game2011-07-0313-37-41-06.jpg

The Assamese Raja has laid siege to Bhutan, while the Tibetans seem to be moving around to besiege Assam itself. The Shah orders the Bihari Horde to aid the Assamese in occupying the lower areas of Tibet, and to crush any Tibetan forces near Nepal or Assam.

eu3game2011-07-0313-41-00-70.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0313-41-20-86.jpg

Tibet's allies quickly abandon the war. The Tibetans themselves have so far only mustered about 11,000 men against Andhaira, and that army is currently nowhere to be seen. This war looks like it'll be a walkover.

eu3game2011-07-0313-42-16-13.jpg

A large swathe of Tibetan territory is occupied (How my men manage to occupy horrendously inhospitable mountain terrain I do not know) while the Tibetans have yet to show themselves. The going is hard, but the Bihari Commander urges his men onwards, for the Shah and the Great Goat.

eu3game2011-07-0313-43-25-27.jpg

But, the Shah calls his men back, lest he lose a Horde in the high mountains. The Tibetans agree to pay a small tribute to the Shah, and to temporarily discard all designs on Assamese territory.

eu3game2011-07-0314-00-00-55.jpg

Back home, with the plague becoming a distant memory, things are going well. The province of Surat can now be considered an integral province of the Empire, while further South all attempts at revolt have been successfully put down by Andhairavid forces.

eu3game2011-07-0914-11-14-03.jpg

:M

You bastards.

eu3game2011-07-0914-19-11-15.jpg

:thumbsup: This foul abomination of our faith has been cleansed!

I don't know either.

eu3game2011-07-0914-19-50-46.jpg

Finding some time between the almost constant warfare, the Shah begins a construction plan, aimed towards improving dreadfully underdeveloped port infrastructure along the Northwest coast. This plan includes shipyards, lighthouses, warehouses, and so on. The Shah hopes that in several years time, the Empire will be able to call itself a premier naval power in the East, if only by sheer weight of numbers.

eu3game2011-07-0914-21-18-38.jpg

Meanwhile, Ceylon is looking particularly tempting, what with an 11 base tax capital and absolutely no allies...
The Shah hasn't been idle about his Hordes. Over 20,000 reserves have been added to the standing army, bringing the Bahmanid Horde to 25,000 men and creating another 14,000 strong Horde. A small transport fleet has also been constructed. The Shah intends for the new Horde to single-handedly conquer and garrison Ceylon, confirming Andhairavid dominance in the Bay of Bengal. The declaration of war is sent, and the new Horde boards the transports.

eu3game2011-07-0914-21-48-97.jpg

Buddhists are the best kind of enemy, they set themselves on fire so you don't have to. M:

eu3game2011-07-0914-22-14-49.jpg

It would appear that shipbuilding and improving port infrastructure give the Admiralty a furiously powerful erection. :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-07-0914-23-12-44.jpg

Meanwhile, a quick look at the religious map for those interested.

eu3game2011-07-0914-25-28-52.jpg

Korales is captured, leaving only a few scattered settlements in the north, and forcing the Ceylonese fleet out into open waters.

eu3game2011-07-0914-25-39-96.jpg

The outcome is hardly in doubt. The Andhairavid Admiral even manages to capture a few choice prizes for his Shah (Note the imaginative ship names).

eu3game2011-07-0914-26-05-33.jpg

Jaffna is captured. For the sake of glory, the Shah has personally demanded that formal annexation be postponed until after a second victory over the Ceylonese fleet.

eu3game2011-07-0914-26-15-78.jpg

That's Buddhists for you, not the best seamen.
gentlesmug.gif

eu3game2011-07-0914-26-20-67.jpg

eu3game2011-07-0914-26-29-75.jpg

Ceylon is Andhairavid! The Ceylonese people have been liberated from years of Buddhist oppression in a glorious War of Peace! This island will prove a great asset to the Emerald Empire, for not only is it rich, but it is strategically placed should the Shah ever desire to exert his will over Indonesia or China.

For some reason there's no option to change the poll, so just post your votes here.

1. Expand into Persia and Afghanistan, pushing Islam as far back as possible.

2. Expand eastwards, to Indonesia and then China, possibly Indochina if I figure out how to get a conquistador.

3. Capture an African province, then try to gain a foothold in Europe.

I wont stick to these absolutely, unless of course Codex wills it, but this will determine how I spend the last few decades.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
3, Which will give you time to invest more into India for greater wealth.

Drakron

Arcane

Also the Maldives prevent the Indian Ocean from being the Andhairavidan Ocean ... should be corrected.

Looks like option 2 has just about won, with 1 being second on the agenda. I've managed to find the decision that gives latecomers an explorer, I just modded it slightly so non-Europeans with a colonial idea (which I'll need to get) and a decently large navy can take it as well.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Honestly the requirements for explorers in MM were a bit silly. It's just one guy who is crazy enough not to fear multiheaded krakens that lurk in the uncharted seas plus a small crew of misfits. Needing to have 5 ideas to get one or an event that has extremely low odds of ever appearing and has a gold cost that scales ridiculously was an overkill. Now Conquistadors I could understand. Those guys had to be crazy enough to not fear the machete rapegangs and manboons of the savage lands.

Esquilax

Arcane
NOOOOO!!!! You fucks are boring. Pick option (3), damnit! Inanity must reign over Britain!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom