Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What games do you play to relax after work/study

Annonchinil

Scholar
I like defence grid the awakening and KOTOR. Replaying kotor is kind of boring though..

JaySn

Educated
A bit of Lords of the Realm II or Civil War General. Just haven't been feeling all that into games, of late.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Whats good for me is a grand strategy like HoI or CK where I can kind of sit back and be entertained by the politicking and wars of the world, only having to intervene when I wish.

jcrusious

Novice
A nice question :salute:

I like to play games when i am free from my work.

I play my favorite games Call of duty:Black ops
Need for speed:Underground(as i like racing games to much)..

:smug:

ironyuri

I usually hit up some Mount and Blade : Warband for relaxation, or some Killing Floor.

KF can be exhausting though, especially if trying to beat harder (suicidal and Hell on Earth) difficulties on long (10 wave) maps. I sometimes find that I become physically tense if I'm playing it seriously, which means muscle stiffness, numb arms from the elbow down, grating teeth and strained eyes and neck. KF can become very intense if you're really pushing to get a Hell on Earth win with a team that cannot into co-op gaming. It's very rewarding though. Fun to get an achievement before bed any reward yourself with some hand sex.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
TF2. Now that I think about it I have played far too many hours (in like 20-30min bursts) to still not know half the shit about that game. I don't change weapons/gear/hats like at all :?

Aside from that I play some of the action games I got in GoG's Interplay sale, currently Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

ever

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
People you must be very dumb if games make your brain hurt and you think that there are non-relaxing games.
Pretty much agree.

Also Awor said something can't be relaxing and exciting at the same time. Well I watch movies when I am relaxing *and* find them exciting. Also, and I know this sort of talk should be kept to GD, oral sex is both relaxing and exciting.

Only competitive online play makes me not relax while playing games.

TripJack

Hedonist
Lately DCSS even though it's infuriating at times. Before that I spent a few months playing Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom (infuriating almost all the time this game sucks for relaxing), Heretic, and Hexen in Chocolate Doom whenever I needed a break.

Data4

Arcane
I just got a high end simulation of a 737 for Flight Simulator X, so lately I've been teaching myself how to fly it.

God damn thing's pissing me off.

Tycn

Savant
Rise of Flight. So long as you fly around aimlessly, listening to the wind and admiring the graphics instead of attempting to shoot something (if you're anything like me).

zool

Arcane
Carrion said:
Lately I've been playing Pro Evolution Soccer 6. Still the best football game for PC and a nice way to spend half an hour or so. While I do agree that pretty much all games are relaxing, I prefer to reserve a little more time when playing games that involve more thinking.

Same here.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO WHETHER OR NOT A GAME IS RELAZING FOR ME DEPENDS MORE ON HOW FAMILIAR AND GOOD AT IT I AM THAN HOW COMPLICATED IT IS ALSO THE GAME SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE PLAYED IN SMALL CHUNKS

MULTIPLAYER TENDS TO STRESS ME OUT

BROS THE CIV FAG CONSOLE GAME IS NICE AND RELAXING FOR ME AND SO IS PERFECT DARK OR CONTRA 3 BASICALLY SHIT I PLAYED A MILLION TIMES AND KNOW INSIDE AND OUT

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Diablo 2
Alpha Centauri
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

Thinking about picking up Gal Civ 2: Ultimate as well.

Starcraft used to be the shyte..

I'm also a HUGE MUDDER. Period. Edge of Darkness, ftw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom