Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradoxian Strategy Multiplayer - First Session

Should we start a new EU3 game and make a new thread?

• Yes, let's make a new game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, let's continue on this one.

• Let's continue on this one, but make a new topic anyway.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Malakal said:
Sweden is free but Muty will likely fight for it as he is Denmark. Still Sweden is more mighty that Denmark...

Haha good one :)

I say its time for the mighty vikings to invade potatoland.

Alright, I'm on skype now as noodleyone... if someone can shoot me a message when and if a game starts, that'd be rad.

Destroid

Arcane
Alright, after assessing the situation I think I'll join as Brabant. Hansa is about to get hulk smashed by Denmark.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We had a little quarrel with Sulimoa about the peace terms but todays session was fruitful after all.

Sulimo: we peaced out for you, Bavaria paid 400 gold reparations, liberated Palatinate (cores still remain) and freed all electors but Burgundy. Overall Austrian proposal was 50% warscore, French about 40% I think, and gold. I think its fair, you can still play it.

Next time we confirmed for Sunday, one hour earlier than today.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I'm not starting any more EU3 games. I initially wanted to play HoI3 but I got convinced to play EU3 instead, which is cool. But if we start any more games, EU3 is out of the question for me.

Eh, on second thought, I think I have an outside chance of getting some tonight, so I'm going to go for that. But godspeed and all that and see you on Sunday!

silver crowaxe said:

Sorry, bro, didn't mean to bellitle your importance! I meant important in the sense of a vital player to the geopolitics of the world. You have been very isolated so far, hell, you barely type. Compare to players like me, Erzherzog, Sulimo and Malakal: Our ausence and substituion by the crazy AI changes a lot of dynamics.

You're okay in my book so far, bro! Didn't make any fuss when you realised you simply could't keep your england territories in France :thumbsup:

Malakal said:
We had a little quarrel with Sulimoa about the peace terms but todays session was fruitful after all.

Sulimo: we peaced out for you, Bavaria paid 400 gold reparations, liberated Palatinate (cores still remain) and freed all electors but Burgundy. Overall Austrian proposal was 50% warscore, French about 40% I think, and gold. I think its fair, you can still play it.

Next time we confirmed for Sunday, one hour earlier than today.

Yeah, despite the ragequits and tech problems, today was awesome. I've never fought such a big war in EU3. Essentially, France, Aragon, Utrecht, Austria, Poland and Bohemia against the might of Bavaria and pretty much the rest of the HRE. It was a hard slog, but the result was almost inevitable. :salute: Sulimo for his resistance until the end.

Yeah, Bavaria is still quite strong with all those vassals and its ex-vassals are still voting Bohemia so far. Its not as strong as the old "Bohemia controls all the electors but Provence' thing it had, though. I think you could've continued going such way, but everybody had their grievances and wanted to change the map to suit their designs, so this war simply had to happen. Besides, its still early game, America hans't been discovered, Africa and Asia haven't been explored, Ottomans aren't a great power yet and there's no Russia yet. I think you still have that PU with England, although I am not sure. If I had all French culture provinces already, I seriously doubt I would've entered the war, but mine and Utrecht's designs required a war. We were pretty damn merciful, because we could've had simply shredded all those HRE minors we saw and took their territory.

Doing some guesswork here, I especulate that the next war will be Austria and Aragon fighting for italy. Both seem quite interested on it. I doubt I will intervene because I have HUGE infamy and inflation. I also need to build up my country more, AI neglected to do what I planned. What will happen, now that the Grand Franco-Utrechtian-Austrian-Pollackian-Aragonese alliance has no reason to exist? And what's up with those wacky Scotsmen, Mamluks and Ottomans? Are they doing any wacky antics? Find out at the next session of the 1st Codex Paradoxian Grand Strategy Match: Europa Universalis 3.

Due to some of the problems we had in this match, I am writing some houserules we could use in the Codex and I would like some feedback.
Here's a early draft:
- When calling your allies or using the Call to Arms button, you should check first before making them lose their prestige or get a stab hit due to previous truces. If they don't want to fight and have to enter not to lose their prestige, they can peace out with white peace without any further repercussions.
- No sending out bullshit peace deals in the hope that someone's misclicks, please. When you send a peacedeal, you better MEAN it. If you do it, you pretty much earned the right to get attacked.
- No sending peacedeals so good that if the proposed party refuses, it gets stabhits, unless you know the target pretends to accept. This is borderline cheating. DON'T DO IT FAGGOT. THAT MEANS YOU, ROOT!!
- Peace deals work out by the law of escalation and menace. The more powerful you are, the more someone can take from you. Points of a peace deal can be disputed if another member of the winner's forces disagrees with it until they come to a agreeement, then the peace deal has to be done.
- Alliance leaders should ALWAYS discuss the peace deal with their allies before ending the war. No taking all your want then leaving with all the spoils.
- No staying on war while your enemies get rebels inside taken provinces if you have no provinces and armies left. If you vassals or PU partners still survive but can't help you, you are still counted as having no provinces and armies left. If your allies still survive and have the capability to help you (IE total alliance WS is lower than 50), you can refuse peace.
- If you aren't totally defeated, you can accept and refuse peacedeals as you will, as long as it does not contradicts the previous rules. Remember, the more WS someone has, the more he can take, depending on target's power. If you disagree to a offer of peace, ask someone else to intermediate, like another member of your alliance, another strong member of the enemy's or a neutral third party.
- If someone uses the "taken over" event to take provinces they took after a long time you failed to retake them, its theirs now. That means that unless you retake them yourself, its not negotiable.
- If you promise something, deliver it when asked as soon as it is possible. For example, if you promise someone to give them land after peacing out, do so. Failure to do so will result in distrust of you and generally will give the betrayed player or one of his friends the right to kick your ass while everyone nearby stands around and watches you get

Destroid

Arcane
How on earth did Utrecht contribute? I checked out the save while I was choosing a country (unfortunately didn't make it anyway) and Utrecht looked to be in a pretty dire position, tiny army, poor income, powerful enemies.

Flying Spaghetti Monster choose Utrecht and probrably beat them into fighting shape. Utrecht provided serious help in the northern front to French troops, gaining the right to be rewarded with 200 gold and two provinces they required. Would't surprise me if Netherlands forms soon.

Destroid

Arcane
Good work Spaghetti, that's what I was going to try and do (but with Brabant).

Can someone post up the save?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well i have very little reason to stay in the Super Franco alliance.

The only Reason my men and Fleet involved was because the French where willing to give me some land on the boarder that i wanted and So that i could take a Minor that was on the boarder.
In my Eyes it was a win win Situation.

We win i get land and if WE lose i am so far away that chances are i would not have to give any thing.

At this point in time there's nothing more to be gained from this alliance and i will have to look to my holdings in Italy and the Moors still need to be Punished in the south.
Now if some one would like some help in some coming wars in return for certain areas and money then i would not be against doing it.

Destroid said:

Brabant was OP :P Utrecht was pretty fucked, and it's still not in great shape (like 11 inflation or something) but the economy is in good shape, and all it needs is Friesland to form the Netherlands. I probably didn't contribute too much to the war effort... beat up some minors and did some rebel stomping for France while their armies were away. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Oh, my 12k troops did participate in what was, for all practical reasons, the final battle of the war against the Bavarian doomstack. I felt like a little kid screaming "I'm helping!" with the French and Austrian troops doing all the heavy lifting.

Bavaria is definitely still a power, however. That PU with England, even a weakened England, could work in their favor, as well as seemingly still being next in line for Emperor. I daresay a revitalized Austria will try to make a run at the Emperor postition, however.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reject_666_6 said:
Also, IIRC, Poland didn't fight in this war. I think Malakal white peaced by accident near the start or something.

I offered an alliance to Denmark who was fighting Bavaria, declared war on Bavaria and then Denmark, who was the alliance leader, accepted peace for me. So I would have to break a truce to join the war - with my multicultural empire that would be suicidal.

Still you guys managed it without me and this way it was less of a gang bang.

Destroid

Arcane
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Destroid said:

Brabant was OP :P Utrecht was pretty fucked, and it's still not in great shape (like 11 inflation or something) but the economy is in good shape, and all it needs is Friesland to form the Netherlands. I probably didn't contribute too much to the war effort... beat up some minors and did some rebel stomping for France while their armies were away. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Oh, my 12k troops did participate in what was, for all practical reasons, the final battle of the war against the Bavarian doomstack. I felt like a little kid screaming "I'm helping!" with the French and Austrian troops doing all the heavy lifting.

Bavaria is definitely still a power, however. That PU with England, even a weakened England, could work in their favor, as well as seemingly still being next in line for Emperor. I daresay a revitalized Austria will try to make a run at the Emperor postition, however.

How did you avoid getting stomped by that large Aragonian army right nextdoor, when you started at war with them? Did the Danes take Lubeck?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can someone upload the last save here? Or get it to those stat pages? I crave for knowledge about the situation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom