Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrimjob Info, fresh from Quakecon

ChristofferC

Magister
But will it run on Linux?

Exmit

Scholar
Falkner said:
The characters don't look utterly retarded. I'm confused.

You mixed up games, Dragon age is with the retarded ones.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Exmit said:
Falkner said:
The characters don't look utterly retarded. I'm confused.

You mixed up games, Dragon age is with the retarded ones.
No, I'm pretty sure that it was Bethesda who used to outsource character modeling to the local elementary school.

Dantus12

Educated
Crispy said:
I'm not feeling *nearly* enough rage being exuded ITT. It's as if Codex has lost its edge or something.

Here, let me stoke the fire a little bit by revealing my plans for 11/11/11:

I plan on spending well over $600.00US on upgrades for my rig specifically to play Skyrim.

Yes, you read that right. Feel free to quote it, to remember it and spit it back at me for all time. I will be purchasing an Intel Core i7 2600K processor, a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard, 12GB of Mushkin Blackline DDR3 RAM and a Cooler Master HAF X case, all in preparation to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on day one of release.

saupload_emperor_palpatine.jpg

Already did that except for the Witcher 2.

And a Asus board, think about the cooling, Sandy's stock cooler is worse than the socket 775 cooling.
Good luck with the case, I ended replacing it for Silverstone because I couldn't bare the dust.
Never seen so much dust in a PC, the airflow is amazing, but nothing that can't be accomplished in Raven or Fortress cases, but they are way smaller. Fitting a Sli setup however. If You don't mind the cleaning, the Haf X case is a joy to work with.

My plans for before 11.11.
Buying a iPhone to practice the interface, because it may be to complex for me.

Replaying Morrowind, than opening the construction sets, to refresh knowledge, maybe Bethesda will punish the society and make houses to live in unavailable, so after my Morrowind experience , create my self a place to lay my head to rest is a must, and of course to store the 300 books I'm going to collect.
Then I will pack my stuff, say goodbye to friends and family and just walk, and walk thru the endless valleys of Skyrim, die, die a lot in many different ways.

But on a more serious note, looks improved compared to Oblivion.
The Radiant story that is being mocked , looks like a good project management tool, these are important and make things like FO3- FONW differences possible.

What will make it on the disc's is another thing, people pirate games at 60$, no one would pay more for a game on more discs.
The enemies reacted in video to PC's class, was seriously a good thing compared to Oblivion.
So there is two of us here that will play the game, just posted this, not to feel alone anymore. :)
--------------

Lunac

Arcane
The most important question, does the game have niggers, or redguards, or whatever they are called?

I wanna make a gangsta character called Thug-J and rape me some Nord blondies!1!! They got rape shit down-and-done in gamebryo this time around?! No?

Stinger

Arcane
Hmm I never watched the QuakeCon footage cause I knew the cheering would be like watching a terrible sitcome where the laugh track goes ape over the lamest jokes....but holy shit were they really screaming over things as minor as being able to view the item in the inventory? I mean that's such a superfluous feature that adds nothing to the game...why cheer over crap like that?

Flanged

Scholar
Yeah, the folk in the other thread are not exaggerating. They cheered for "a +1 shield" in the new 3D inventory while Todd rotated it around (or while the footage played I should say). They chanted "water! water! water!" when they saw some water, and a tardy-voiced guy yelled "how u doo that?" when an NPC picked up a log in the lumber mill. The London riots had more dignity. That bit with the log looked pretty good though.

Good news for scalies and general pervs from another bit of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYAii0n6g34

Stinger said:
Hmm I never watched the QuakeCon footage cause I knew the cheering would be like watching a terrible sitcome where the laugh track goes ape over the lamest jokes....but holy shit were they really screaming over things as minor as being able to view the item in the inventory? I mean that's such a superfluous feature that adds nothing to the game...why cheer over crap like that?

To me it just looked like they were just having fun, reacting whenever Todd stopped to show a feature, which was made funnier by his refusal to do anything that deviated from the planned course. They were asking him to kill every NPC he came across (including a horse and a dog), and when he stopped by a cliff while riding the horse, they started chanting "JUMP! JUMP! JUMP". :lol:

Bloom

Novice
Lol, On Skyrim's gamespot page, the "Games use might like" include Battlefield 3 (among others).

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Bahamut said:
Some "new" gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm5IuXCDUh8

Shit looks just bad,

And funfact, skyrim will use steam as a DRM, some ppl where unhappy and posted things on beths forum and guess what? Now criticising steam is an banable offence

Thankfully I plan on getting Skyrim on the superior Xbox360. Don't have to deal with DRM, drivers, graphics cards, or Steam.

DraQ said:
:retarded:

Gameplay looks even worse than OB.

How is it worse than OB? I could agree with just as bad, but it doesn't look "worse".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In a way it's sort of a good thing they're dumbing it down. They utterly failed at pretty much every RPG mechanic in Morrowind and Oblivion. The saving grace of Morrowind is that the world is really well done, has unique locations, and offers good open world exploration. Everything else is mediocre to horrible especially the leveling and any semblance of balance. So now they're basically turning it into an ARPG/Witcher 1 style in terms of character progression. The big question is whether they'll succeed at making a world like Morrowind's or just continue the same generic crap that there was in Oblivion.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hey, I read on Iloveoblivion.com that Skrym will use IloveSteam, is that true? If yes I [We appreciate your concerns. Thank you for being such a loyal fan and customer. We wish you the most fun with Skrym, and don't forget to make the most use of all the awesome advantages Steam offers.]

George Orwell didn't know shit.

Bahamut

Arcane
Shannow said:
Hey, I read on Iloveoblivion.com that Skrym will use IloveSteam, is that true? If yes I [We appreciate your concerns. Thank you for being such a loyal fan and customer. We wish you the most fun with Skrym, and don't forget to make the most use of all the awesome advantages Steam offers.]

What they censored post like this? :lol:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Bahamut said:
Shannow said:

What they censored post like this? :lol:
Don't know, I stopped visiting TESF when I stopped playing Morrowind :M

But they censored RPGcodex with IloveOblivion (until VD got the domain IloveOblivion.com and redirected it to the codex :twisted:) and they're now banning for criticising Steam... The rest is conjecture on my part. But "Bethstapo" seems to be a very fitting term. Considering that Zenimax has it's fingers in illegal arms deals (no joke) that's only to be expected.

Bahamut

Arcane
They also like to close threads to review them, looks like commies are back in diffrent form,
bethesda forums are even retarded technicaly, they go down ever couple of hours, they must close threads when they reach 200posts, no img tags

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom