Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any Codexers play on 360?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Rogue said:
felipepepe said:
DragoFireheart said:
And no PC can beat a console when it comes to sitting down an playing some co-op or Vs fun with your bro.

It's called a lan party, you dumbfuck.

At the rate the industry is going, there won't be any PC games left worth playing in a LAN party. Nevermind the fact that some games (like SC2) are removing the ability to do LAN. All of these games are going online strictly so the company can maximize profits.

The only PC games I will fucking touch are those that have no DRM, No on-line activation requirements, and no Steam horseshit. GoG is an example of games I'll touch.

Rogue said:
felipepepe said:
DragoFireheart said:
And no PC can beat a console when it comes to sitting down an playing some co-op or Vs fun with your bro.

It's called a lan party, you dumbfuck.

They're not as lively...I mean, you're not even looking at each other. People are live a few feet away from each other but you're with your backs turned, staring at your respective monitors, headphones carefully adjusted so you don't have to worry about hearing their voices. The sheer geekness makes my non-existent uterus shrivel.

Rogue

Educated
Wow, I did not know that The Codex has developed such powerful love for The Console. I mean ... maybe there's actually something to it. Maybe something awesome really does happen every time you mash a button. Could it be?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Rogue said:
Wow, I did not know that The Codex has developed such powerful love for The Console. I mean ... maybe there's actually something to it. Maybe something awesome really does happen every time you mash a button. Could it be?
NO! Keep following the Master Race path bro, True Codexian Glory™ comes from mashing keyboard KEYS only!!! (or mouse buttons, but they are different!)

Poor simpletons can't even begin to understan the difference. One day they will stop having fun with their so-called "friends" and listen to reason!

8726895_Screen_shot_2011-08-19_at_5.46.22_PM.png

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Menckenstein said:
Ulminati said:
To be fair, sitting with my BROs in the couch, drinking beer, playing castle crashers on the big screen is quite different from everyone sitting in a darkened room staring at different monitors.

Nothing against LAN parties - they can be great fun - but console splitscreen multiplayer is more social, requires way less effort to set up and can be done on a whim.

There's definitely something awesome about sitting around with a group of good friends, drinking and playing Smash Bros/SSF4/MarioKart64 and just shit talking the whole time.

Or Perfect Dark.

Or Golden Eye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom