Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 gets awards; 2.0 coming

Shannow

Waster of Time
corvus said:
If it's free then I really can't find a reason to bitch about it. If this were BioWare it would all cost $30+. Alternate dark/emo appearance pack for Geralt? $5!!
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=27694
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=34535
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Some codex history for you. Though I don't think I found any of the real drama threads. If you're interested you can search a bit yourself.

corvus

Arcane
:salute:

Seems like the bitching in those threads is all about the semantics of each re-re-release of the game. It's pretty irrational considering they were all free for the original owners of the game. Something like Star Wars getting "updated" every decade I can understand getting pissy over, since they're obviously not gonna let you enjoy the ultra definitive version for free. But this... What, were people angry that they were going to have to replay the game to experience it in its full glory? I'm just glad I only got the game after the director's cut came out, so I could see the titties as the devs originally envisioned.

Whatever, dumbfuck newfag and all that.

Gerrard

Arcane
Not only on Codex, there's bitching on gram and the official forum, mostly about how this is being marketed. And I agree with it, because we've come to a point where a developer releasing patches (not to mention free content) for his game is a goddamn phenomenon.

DraQ

Arcane
I don't bitch about super duper triply enhanced diamond studded gold engraved platinum editions, because this shit doesn't affect me in any way. It's patch plus minor amount of free content - both of which are good things. It doesn't interfere with my ability to play and enjoy the game, it doesn't try to ram DRM up my ass, it doesn't try to make me pay money for a bucket of turds. If this gig helps CDPR sell more units of an admittedly good game (and selling it twice to impressionable retards or people with cash burning holes in their pocket and desperate need to make someone happier) or whatever, then I'm all for it:

:salute: and good luck.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
However, the game has glaring issues. Sketchy chapter 3 being the most prominent. They should adress these, before making retarded dark arenas.

DraQ

Arcane
I have barely configured the game to not fry my laptop (still looks good, BTW, despite minimum settings apart from textures) and started the game, so I'm basing the "good" part on Codexian reception.

Looks good, so far, though.

Drakron

Arcane
Elwro said:
The humble country of Germany will undoubtedly be glad to receive the happy news that they won in the "Best European Country" category.

339hkav.jpg

a budda

Arbiter
best european country...
seriously, germans have a sense of humour
very monty pythonesque i'd say
+1 for germany
Gott mit uns! erm... Sie?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom