Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How long did you lurk before registering?

How long did you lurk before registering?

• Lurk? I simply registered and started whining about the codex being a cesspool.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A few weeks/months to make up my mind before I wanted to chime in in bitching about the decline/befo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Around a year.

• 1-2 years.

• 2-3 years.

• 3-5 years.

• 6-8 years.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • >8 years.

• Drugs destroyed my sense of time. Is KC still mod? (KC option)

• Total voters
Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First came here around when MoTB was released, since VD's review was linked on wikipedia :lol:. After that I came here off and on until I finally decided to try some of the games people mentioned here (at this point I wasn't much into RPGs, having only played the BGs, NWNs, and TES games, even liked Oblivion, though far less than Morrowind, until I payed attention to all the criticism of it here and realized the next time I tried to play it that it really was that bad). After having way more fun with Fallout/PS:T/VTM:B than with those other games, I decided Codex was a p cool place and started lurking full-time for about another year. Then I registered for no particular reason and have contributed nothing to the community since :M

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I found this place after looking for mods for Morrowind and lurked for a year or two. Finally registered after reading many of the threads and seeing people tended to like what I did and disliked the trend of RPGs had been taking.

I don't tend to like posting anyway (thus my low post count) so I don't "jump in" very often unless I have a specific question or see a bit of news that hasn't been posted yet. Five or six years ago it was easier to "search" for good info here without the lulz or inane banter that has certainly increased. Granted the Codex has always had this but when VD, Edward_R_Murrow, Section8, Elwro, Twinfalls (hell even King Commrade and Volourn) posted regularly they tended to be quite insightful.

You can still find good discussions that are usually free of mod-nazism here, it's just sandwiched between the :decline: and the :x .

Trannynota

Frankly, I don't remember. I learnt about Codex exiestance years ago (it was 2005 I think but I'm not sure) when I was stalking a guy. Google search results on his nickname got me here, and I enjoyed reading his posts, and some game threads but that was it. I bumped into Codex again in 2009, and decided to lurk about, mainly in GD (decline, decline), I was not sure I would ever want to post here.

But one cannot fight a black hole.

Allanon

Augur
mindx2 said:
I don't tend to like posting anyway (thus my low post count) so I don't "jump in" very often unless I have a specific question or see a bit of news that hasn't been posted yet. Five or six years ago it was easier to "search" for good info here without the lulz or inane banter that has certainly increased. Granted the Codex has always had this but when VD, Edward_R_Murrow, Section8, Elwro, Twinfalls (hell even King Commrade and Volourn) posted regularly they tended to be quite insightful.

You can still find good discussions that are usually free of mod-nazism here, it's just sandwiched between the :decline: and the :x .

+1

I think I lurked around a year tops.

R3

Novice
I lurked for a while I like this forum and I joined to quench boredom.

DakaSha

Arcane
it was VERY long.. i didnt lurk in a stalking sort of way but i had been reading shit here for at least 5 years and im guessing it was more then 6.

No particular reason. I was just to lazy to register i guess

Luzur

Good Sir
actually, i have lurked around here on and off since autumn 2003, when someone posted a link to the Codex over on TESF.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A very long time ago, I choose the 6-8 option since its the closest to the time line. The only reason I registered was that I had a car accident and had a long sick leave and nothing to do. If the accident never happened I probably still would not be registered.

Araanor

Liturgist
Registered. Posted. Then lurked. We're in the future now, right? Where's my Arcanum 2?

corvus

Arcane
A few months, enough to get a sense of what this place was like and to get informed on all the Codexian Lore (pretty easy, since this place has a lot more character than other forums I've been).

CorpseZeb

Learned
So many Older Ones nicks here... my humble person just sign in after reading great text - Dragon Age: Choices and Consequences - by Vault Dweller, saying to myself – “My God, at least, some sane words in the internet about DAO”. No lurking period.

Ps. But I got some training in Usenet fields before... Codex of Codex reminds me some of golden time of internet discussion, where everybody was from .edu or something and knows Mr. Godwin laws. No to mention proper discipline of discussion. Wait... I'm overacting... probably ;)

Angthoron

Arcane
Something like three-four years, and at some point before/during that, I only, err... read Codex for the articles :oops:

Think at some point a steady flow of articles and newsposts ceased, so I decided to check what the deal with that was.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I lurked for about a month, I guess. I registered to bitch about Saint Proverbius saying that Serbs were Slavs. I registered, then I checked, and what do you know -- Serbs were Slavs. Since I could see that the site offered endless educational opportunities, I decided to stay.

Satan

Educated
I registered within days after finding out about this site, so I can just say I did not lurk. I'm proud and pure new member. I found reviews on this site very interesting, but I started reading them just recently (my first one was Konjad's Quickie). I still have a long way to go before I'll rate RPGCodex though.

Sub

Arcane
Trannynota said:
Frankly, I don't remember. I learnt about Codex exiestance years ago (it was 2005 I think but I'm not sure) when I was stalking a guy. Google search results on his nickname got me here, and I enjoyed reading his posts, and some game threads but that was it. I bumped into Codex again in 2009, and decided to lurk about, mainly in GD (decline, decline), I was not sure I would ever want to post here.

But one cannot fight a black hole.

Who was it Trannynota?

Been here occasionally to read some stuff, but not even once a year. Then I wanted to nag some, so I registered and did. Now I mostly lurk again ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom