Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dead State - The Release Date Question

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Excidium said:
WetWorks1 said:
Fuck, i was hoping for next year.
141po2o.gif

You don't want to tease them too long, or they will move on to the next girl.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Y'know, if some crazy person with a grudge were to break Nick's fingers, AoD and DS would likely grind to a complete halt. I imagine it'd be pretty damn difficult to find another coder willing to work with the same unusual arrangement they all have (Remember the strange aeons with Cyclopean?). Something for you all to worry about...

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Inform FSB that Jedi_learner is a dangerous gay-muslim-activist funded by America. That way he'll get picked up on the airport. Nick's Russian, right?

Licaon_Kter

Augur
sorry if this was mentioned before, my google fu is rather weak today

so, i was listening to the Irrational Games podcasts from the last year and Ken Levine and Co. in the very first podcast were referring to a game they pitched after SWAT4 but was not made, and man it sounded just like Dead State:
mp3 ( starts at 9:40 ): http://downloads.2kgames.com/irrational ... vior_1.mp3

video bit + text info: http://irrationalgames.com/insider/divi ... e-shooter/

yes, it's premises are from a fps perspective, but the good 'survival and human resource management' ( that set Dead State apart from other zombie games to date ) are there... in 2005 or whatever...

wtf :retarded: ?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Licaon_Kter said:

Well...

that was horrible, horrible big chunk of turd. Hope Dead State will be miles away from this. Bleh, hordes of zombies popping out and you shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot.

Dead State should focus more on the survival. And beside zombies there should be some other factions like bandits, other people trying to survive etc. I just hope there won't be hundreds of zombies on every single map that you need to pop like moles.

Mortmal

Arcane
The only thing i fear is them having a baby and ditching the game cause of real life isssues, that tend to happen to young couples.
I fear it to be finally canceled ,like well pretty much every promising indie rpg project. All in all , what ive seen released this last decade was vogels games , Kotc and sword and sorcery(still under lifting )+ a vast sea of mediocre rpgmaker stuff, oh and nehrim but its still oblivion.
The broken hourglass ? gone, the chthulu rpg cyclopean ? on hold for decades, the ambitious nwn2 mods , you know the planescape one, cancelled, the fallout 2 complete revamps, nothing released yet, shelter? nothing , grimoire ? ahahhaha.... hard to be optimistic.

I don't really want them to give a release date. A good game is almost as good to look forward to as it is to start to play it. The bummer is just if it goes vapor-ware after 5 years, but I have a good feeling about this. :salute:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Mortmal said:
the ambitious nwn2 mods , you know the planescape one, cancelled,

Purgatorio? They are still working on it afaik. Next year release is viable, though I may be a bit too optimistic.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Menckenstein said:
asper said:
How do they pay the rent while developing this game for years and years? Savings?

I'm guessing they work jobs and make the game in their spare time, which is why this game will never come out.

so true :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom