Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
I guess now is a good time to put this:

Rapers gonna rape.

BUMP

This module so far is like watching someone getting tortured, someone who you're supposed to be roleplaying no less.

You don't have to "roleplay" anything in any game unless you want to actually LARP. Just treat a game as a game and a character as just an unit with stats you use to achieve objectives in the game like a pawn in chess, or like a member of a squad in XCOM. [/mondblut]

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I... I'm not sure I'll be following this, after all. It's just... creepy, and not in a good way.

lightbane

Arcane
Take notes Gaydar, that's HOW you do something grimdark: It has to be creepy and disturbing, not overdone and filled with EXTREME explosions of blood...

Black Cat

Magister
Duckard said:
So the guy who rapes her is going to be her love interest? :/

It's the main one. Say, the official one or something. Valine made the module with clearly that in mind, as Vico has the most depth, background, and cool scenes, and there is obviously a lot of love put on his characterization. He's also the favorite with the fandom, as it's bound to happen with a bad guy who doubles as totally Tsundere, almost bordering on Yandere at times. The other love interests are pretty boring in comparison, and not nearly as hot.

I would say more but that would be spoiled. :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The fact that this game legitimately scares the Codex is frightening in itself... I'm a little horrified as well, I must admit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's not the module that scare me TBH, it's that it was voted Best Module of its year, and is considered to be one of the best modules for NWN.

Now THAT is scary.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Sceptic said:
It's not the module that scare me TBH, it's that it was voted Best Module of its year, and is considered to be one of the best modules for NWN.

Now THAT is scary.

Look at it this way - it is the best at what it does... Actually, so far it's been better written than any Bioware game in memory. It doesn't change the fact that you need to have a rather peculiar frame of mind to write stuff like that.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Brothers and Sisters.

Let's look at it this way: If Aisha's motivation for revenge is simply the death of her parents and the loss of a kingdom that we barely known for 5 minutes...would it actually improve or take away from the module's overall quality?

I would felt no personal loss and just wrote this off as a generic Princess' Revenge kind of module. Hell, I don't even know what King Hussein look like. There's no emotional investment. No one hour tutorial to get acquainted with the family much like Dragon Age did. I would simply kill stuff simply because the game asked me to. With this module's manner of set up, instead, I'm asking the game when can I get to killing and putting Aisha's vengeance into motion.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Black Cat said:
Duckard said:

It's the main one. Say, the official one or something. Valine made the module with clearly that in mind, as Vico has the most depth, background, and cool scenes, and there is obviously a lot of love put on his characterization. He's also the favorite with the fandom, as it's bound to happen with a bad guy who doubles as totally Tsundere, almost bordering on Yandere at times. The other love interests are pretty boring in comparison, and not nearly as hot.
WTF is wrong with people?

Okay, I admit that I have something of a thing for tsundere, but I have serious psychological issues anyway. But I can't see what people see in this kind of full-on Gor thing.

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
I'm asking the game when can I get to killing and putting Aisha's vengeance into motion.

But the right way to start said vengeance would be to cut off the rapist's dick and feed it to him with ketchup, which I'm pretty sure the module won't allow.

Is the creator of the module male or female, by the way ? I'm not quite sure which possibility would be creepier.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Erebus said:
RK47 said:
I'm asking the game when can I get to killing and putting Aisha's vengeance into motion.

But the right way to start said vengeance would be to cut off the rapist's dick and feed it to him with ketchup, which I'm pretty sure the module won't allow.

Is the creator of the module male or female, by the way ? I'm not quite sure which possibility would be creepier.
2uf7yw0.jpg

Possibly tranny.

Cassidy

Arcane
Trannies have sort of managed to create a permanent, traumatic and even disturbing impression over the not so warped members of the Codex more than once. So that is my guess.

:M

Black Cat

Magister
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Okay, I admit that I have something of a thing for tsundere, but I have serious psychological issues anyway. But I can't see what people see in this kind of full-on Gor thing.

I am a bit surprised myself most people here seem to have gotten so shocked by this. Maybe I got too much into this places image as to see how everyone here was actually tender and cute inside? :?

Most boys and most girls have many weird fantasies buried deep within themselves, repressed and just trying to get out. Some brutal, some cruel, some really weird. As long as it is kept in the world of fantasies and games I don't really see anything wrong with it. Jeez, one of my best friends spent a small fortune in getting all kind of weird japanese games where you are a little girl, a mahou shoujo, or similar and when they get defeated in the dungeons get raped by all kinds of grotesque tentacle monsters, giant spiders, slime monsters, etc. First time you hear about that it's kind of, like, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?! But then you start looking at the weird fetishes you have inside and, then, just shrug and tell her to recomend you the better ones to give them a spin, maybe you can find a new one for the collection or something.

Erebus said:

Valine is a girl, I believe.

Curiously, most games and visual novels with this kind of theme are made by girls. I supose it works the same way as how most Bodice Rippers and similar, like, "literature" is written by girls.

Pony King

Educated
So the glorious KKKodex is actually a bunch of boring squares that get scared at even the slightest sexual fetishism?

It's not like weird things are hard to find on the internet.
It's not like it is even a new thing.

I think it is quite funny.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Black Cat said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

I am a bit surprised myself most people here seem to have gotten so shocked by this. Maybe I got too much into this places image as to see how everyone here was actually tender and cute inside? :?

Most boys and most girls have many weird fantasies buried deep within themselves, repressed and just trying to get out. Some brutal, some cruel, some really weird. As long as it is kept in the world of fantasies and games I don't really see anything wrong with it. Jeez, one of my best friends spent a small fortune in getting all kind of weird japanese games where you are a little girl, a mahou shoujo, or similar and when they get defeated in the dungeons get raped by all kinds of grotesque tentacle monsters, giant spiders, slime monsters, etc. First time you hear about that it's kind of, like, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?! But then you start looking at the weird fetishes you have inside and, then, just shrug and tell her to recomend you the better ones to give them a spin, maybe you can find a new one for the collection or something.
It's not so much that it's shocking, since it's not the first time I've seen this type of thing. It's rather that I can't fathom where people get their jollies in these Gorean fantasies of theirs. I just can't understand it, that's all.

It's nowhere near as bad as hardcore Guro anyway. Now that's fucked up.

Erebus

Arcane
Black Cat said:
Most boys and most girls have many weird fantasies buried deep within themselves, repressed and just trying to get out. Some brutal, some cruel, some really weird. As long as it is kept in the world of fantasies and games I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Seriously, you're quite right. I guess being confronted to another's fantasies for the first time can easily be jarring.

I guess what I find disturbing is the fact that the module is deadly serious and spends so many efforts trying to put us in the shoes of a girl who loses everyone she knows and is raped. This opening scene offers almost as many dialogue choices as Torment, yet I'm fairly sure none of them can make any real difference. The author has spent more time creating and writing this introduction than is probably healthy.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Erebus said:
RK47 said:

Well, if Vico is considered 'too important' to be killed, I guess I'd be disappointed. Here's hoping that isn't the case. I know the most offensive part of the game is the railroaded rape we had at the start, but it's the creator's intent, the whole scene was just an in-game cinematic to be honest, none of the dialog choices mattered (No alignment shifts, nada. Correct me if I'm wrong, Black Cat). Past that, I'm beginning to see more free-roaming in this module, which is really, really good at first glance.

Stick around, and we'll find out how Aisha-chan get used to her new life in the city.

I'm off to work, it's been a hell of a night, with late night football betting (Fuck you Pollacks. Fuck you~) And England giving me a heart attack with a lazy 1-0 victory where I staked $1000 on that match and getting my in-game character rape. Gonna sleep in the bus.

Cya!

P.S I lied, I played a game where I was raped before. But this is my first western game experience.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
RK47 said:
Well, if Vico is considered 'too important' to be killed, I guess I'd be disappointed. Here's hoping that isn't the case.
IIRC he can be killed in the second part, so if you're hell bent on killing him you'll have to wait quite a while for your revenge.

Wow, codex is a bunch of pussies. For shame.

That said, I have to wonder if the reaction of the wider community would be vastly different if a man had made this game. But on the other hand, Bioware fans...

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
That said, I have to wonder if the reaction of the wider community would be vastly different if a man had made this game.

heh

who's to say the author didn't put the gender down as female just for that purpose

Sordid Jester

Educated
What's creepy about it is how fucking immature it's written but I guess being faced with Bioware romances anyway is enough to stave that off some. Also I'm faced with shitty writers like this every day so easy. C'mon codex.

it's really tame for content just presented with terrible fucking taste and style. So far anyway, I'll wait and see with the dog rape(?) for a final verdict.

Also :thumbsup: for the choice of self torture.

Duckard

Augur
Wow, it's interesting too see how much reactions changed from the "Why not an LP of NWN" thread to here concerning this module. I guess it's a bit "too real" in comparison to something like Sengoku Rance.

laclongquan

Arcane
50 post in half a day since creation. This mod delivers! Especially so considering the overall quality of NWN1.

I am not so surprised at this kind of response from Codex. It's hard to believe but your average Codexer is a tsundere. Penetrating that always been fun.

ElectricOtter

"hey so if you think about it me violently raping you isn't so bad since you'd probably just be gangraped or killed anyway lol"

Goddamn. Thanks for suffering through this for us, RK47.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Black Cat said:
Duckard said:

I don't think most tsundere characters raped the other party first, but then I'm not into hentai. I'm entirely unsurprised Vico is the most popular with the fandom; it's the "bad boy" schtick. Except even Edward Cullen and his likes don't brutally rape the girl at first sight. (There's the "forced seduction" trope, but brutal rape like the one depicted here, not so much.) So it appeals to the same people who love Twilight, but much more extreme. And more badly written, if we're to be honest about it.

I'm amused that it's fazing so many Codexers, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom