Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum - Summoner: Goodbye, Arcanum?

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, talk about a bittersweet finale, still, congratulations, you completed the lp!!!

05.jpg

I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly I think it was possible to talk Khergan to death like FO1's Master. Maybe your speech skill wasn't high enough. In any case, what about that Fable lp ? :M :M

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:smug: So you guys really bought this end? Wow, I'm pleased.

It isn't possible to talk Kerghan down without the V-Device. He is not convinced that he will be safe from being 'called from beyond the grave'.

The V-Device would allow him to be permanently 'terminated' as in, no calling of his spirit etc. He wants to be left alone. If I had retrieved the V-Device, Kerghan would accept my offer and there would be no need for a battle to get him retreat to his regenerative shell.

That is as far as I know. You know how Arcanum is. Full of bugs and unknown variables. I'm not convinced there's a God ending. But there's talks...yet no proof.

RK47

Patron
lightbane said:
In any case, what about that Fable lp ? :M :M

You can pretend that Dance with Rogues is Fable 3 in NWN engine. The similarity is striking. A nobility brought down, and you had to take it back. Except with a darker, more grim, non-childlike setting.

Powerful stuff.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bravo, RK47! :clap:

I haven't been following this LP 'cause I'm still planning on replaying Arcanum in a not so distant future (and barely remembering the plot, I didn't feel like being spoiled), but I did glimpse here and there, and it was splendid. Well done!

friartucksduck

Educated
Excellent! A brilliant ending, well executed. :bravo:

RK47 said:
It isn't possible to talk Kerghan down without the V-Device.

There is one way, but you slaughtered the only clue to it; the Bane of Kree could have told you about a weapon in the Void, Kryggird's Falchion, the only macguffin that could take the place of the Vendigroth Device. Still, I really prefer this ending for Gilford. More original.

Duckard

Augur
Great LP. Adds to the narrative of the game nicely without descending into straight up fanfiction. I think it was much more enjoyable than the Arcanum's actual storytelling.

Cassidy

Arcane
:bravo:

Now, go from heroic sacrifice of a twisted serial killer and summoner gone paragon to save the world to "I wanna be raped" pretty princess. R00fles!

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Excellent ending to a great LP!

We commend you RK47 for this brilliant addition to literature.

ironyuri

ironyuri said:
Has no one picked up on the fact that this is not the real ending?

RK47 said:

Where's the real ending god damnit?

:rpgcodex:

Not even spekkio-kun could have pulled this kind of shit off.

RK47

Patron
ironyuri said:
ironyuri said:

RK47 said:

Where's the real ending god damnit?

:rpgcodex:

Not even spekkio-kun could have pulled this kind of shit off.

:smug: All according to keikaku

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
ironyuri said:
Err... duh? It's a LARP LP. An excellent one. The ending's not the only thing faked, and it doesn't matter, it fits perfectly. Salutes for a most awesome LP :salute:

Muro

Educated
I immensely enjoyed reading through this LP.

Gotta love the clarity, the well-balanced tempo of action development, the humour, the original ideas and the ease & naturalness with which seemingly unrelated events, quests and subplots interweave with each other here. The implementation and choice of background music did a great job in building the atmosphere, too.

You have my thanks for creating this mighty fine piece of writing, RK47.

RK47

Patron
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm keeping an eye on the Fallout LP now...but I think I might finish it in a week...then...we're off to.....*squeals* The Massively Majestic Offline RPG of the Decade~~~ SKAIIIIREEEM!

11/11/11 !

*Pumps fist to the sky* Gaming is alive, yo!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom