Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Admiral jimbob said:
It kind of frightens me that less than 3/4 players complete the fucking prologue.

And a whopping 29.5% completed the game.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
DraQ said:
Storyfag said:
Behold their likely inspiration!

smok_wawelski.jpg
Leave Wawelski alone!!!!1

wiedxmin_smok.jpg

Just compare their nostrils :smug:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
any bros who read the official forums, have the devs been confronted with stuff like QTE retardation or worse, jam on left mouse button to load ballista and have they responded positively and with incline

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Storyfag said:
The problem with Wolszczak is her height. She's quite tall, completely unlike Yennefer.
Umm, they can always cut her down to size?

Dantus12

Educated
sgc_meltdown said:
any bros who read the official forums, have the devs been confronted with stuff like QTE retardation or worse, jam on left mouse button to load ballista and have they responded positively and with incline

What happens?
I mean the jam on the left mouse button, You cant click, or You click and nothing happens?
Haven't seen anything like that in my playtroughs.
For those with menu and inventory delay, in some cases disabling v sync and enabling triple buffering solves all problems.
Sometimes it doesn't work however. I cant hack in Deus EX HR for example, the Witcher 2 worked great however since ever, with a huge performance gain after the DRM removal in my retail version.
The latest Dark Mode 2.0 has over 40 fixes, but the final log is not out yet, but it's being worked on the control responsiveness.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
yes that post was jarring wasn't it
no refunds

What I meant to ask was have the CD Projeckt devs owned up to the silly consoletard inspired design decisions like their addition of QTEs that happen out of nowhere (optional features should be optional for preference reasons and not Do you want this shitty gameplay feature if so tick this box oh wait it's already ticked)

and that early courtyard scene with the ballista where after interacting with it a 'minigame' came up where you had to left click a lot or something to pull the string back

for fucks sake this isn't a racing game and the left mouse button isn't the gas this shit is something that should happen automatically you might as well ask people to keep hitting the A button to continue talking during dialog

first time I saw that it reminded me of god of war's lever moving mechanic where you had to keep rotating the thumbstick to turn levers when a button press and automation should have sufficed
or castlevania LoS's 'saw through pillar' mechanic where you had to move the thumbstick forward and back to mimic the action

amazing stuff

Monocause

Arcane
@sgc_meltdown: you should play the game. The QTE's become increasingly scarce further in the game and the prologue actually contains most of them. Same with cinematic cutscenes.

I think it's 3-4 QTEs in whole Act I (with a notable mention of the Kayran fight) with... none? in act II. At least I can't remember a single QTE throughout the Roche's version of the second act unless you count the fist-fights which are optional.

Don't go the way of Skyway. Sure that CDPR deserves some bashing for the QTEs but to going all rage because of the prologue is pure skywayism. And seriously - clicking LMB ten times in succession is an annoyance, true, but hardly a huge one, and even the prologue part is mostly based on proper TW2 gameplay - ie. leaping, slashing, maiming, killing, tits and talking.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I have seen the ladybug yes

scarcity is irrelevant to the question of why they're in the game in the first place

if I weren't the opposite of a cynic I would think they're feeling out their new 'witcher 2 is so much prettier than dragon age 2' audience with these things

also what a two sentence rant on the inclusion of QTE is bashing the game how? it bothers you enough that it reminded you of skyway? where in that post have I even mentioned the quality of the game? oh he doesn't like the QTE he must hate the wiedzmin

your post looks like the witcher 2 fan equivalent of asking me why I hate freedom

don't go the way of volourn

Dantus12

Educated
I'm going to sound like the defense force of CD Project for everybody, the QTE's are a matter of design decision, like many things in the game-every game, it's up to the player to decide if He's bothered by them.

One of them creates some dialogue with Triss if failing for example.

For boxing, running the game on maxed settings shows that Geralt's body is different in the scenes. I think that the animation sets are put on a much higher polygon body mesh to prevent "spaghetti events," like those seen sometimes in Beth's games because of the lack of polygons.
The swings are way to powerful, and even exaggerated for the standard body movement that Geralt has otherwise.

But the balista one is somehow strange, when I first had it, I was thinking that there is some sort of content missing, due to technical reasons, like a grand explosion or something like that.
Really nobody likes them however, some are just willing to ignore them.

Most of the times it are the players that failed at killing the Hound in a PC exclusive game, those that have now in retail and digital : a game manual. a full guide , and a full tutorial in the journal and they still fail basic things like the Ordinator or Kayran that created the QTE's for bypassing potentially more difficult mechanics.

As someone that frequented the official forums from day one, the grid PC master race UI of the first game was so much trashed , for being ugly, chaotic, eye straining, lacking a auto sort button in it's initial version and so much more.
It must be just me however, embracing my roundness, losing edginess and appreciating the saved space in the inventory, because so much was added to the game, instead of only removing like usually happens.

The quickbar of DA2 , something often perceived as PC feature didn't rescue the game for me, the inventory changes of Oblivion, where the smallest problem of Oblivion for me, so the "console"
features of the game had nearly no impact on me. As long they stay away from EA and Activision I'm fine with some compromising.

In the first game there was 2 identical full sets of armor, plus one unique with minor texture changes, now there are many in pieces.
I liked it, because keeping Ysgith makes sense as mage, while crafting Vran makes sense as swordmaster.
The fact that everyone embraced the trend of clean UI's never bothered me, unless the game is loot dependent like WOW.

Maybe it's just the awareness that the game shouldn't conform to my standards, because if it would, it would have the same absolutely identical combat of the first game no matter how much the rest of the world with the exception of a few people hatted it for being nothing more but a player dexterity check .

I think that the changes where for the better, they attracted players that play the game for different reasons than me, it only shows that the game has something that is missing in so many modern games- some variety.

PS.
Test 1
Punctuation and Capitalization :)
I LOVE the Game.
Test 2
Punctuation and Capitalization:

@sgc_meltdown
Your ability to find the appropriate pic for every situation is amazing Sir. :salute:
------------------------------

DraQ

Arcane
Dantus12 said:
I'm going to sound like the defense force of CD Project for everybody, the QTE's are a matter of design decision, like many things in the game-every game, it's up to the player to decide if He's bothered by them.
Yes. And they are an unambiguously terribad decision just like making party based blob in RT is.

This guy here pretty much nails the reason head-on, sparing me the need to explain it myself:

Ben Kuchera said:

QTEs are essentially cutscenes, only broken - with full baggage of undesirable qualities being a cutscene confers, extra annoyance due to possibility of having to repeat the cutscene multiple times, needless player input and lack of good qualities of a good cutscene, since the player is not watching, being to busy trying to spot GUI cues instead.

One of them creates some dialogue with Triss if failing for example.
Which one?

But the balista one is somehow strange, when I first had it, I was thinking that there is some sort of content missing, due to technical reasons, like a grand explosion or something like that.
wat
:retarded:

SoupNazi

somebody track meltdown down and call his mom. he forgot to take his medication

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Monocause said:
proper TW2 gameplay - ie. leaping, slashing, maiming, killing,
You mean mashing the button furiously and hitting spacebar at random intervals? Exactly, that's the proper TW2 gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom