Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage on.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I'm late to the party. What sort of game is this Rage ? Is it something like borderlands with customizable weapons (I hope) and vehicles ?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Matt7895 said:
Excidium said:
That youtube comment. :lol:

Looks worth a pirate, I'm a sucker for PA settings of any sort.

It is attitudes like that which killed PC gaming.
Ah man, I can't help it. I like roaming around ruins and shit, even if the game is mediocre. I enjoyed New Vegas for what it was.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It doesn't look bad -- just a better looking Borderlands. Given Bethesderp's history of milking people for $60 for the first month then drastically reducing the price I'm sure it'll be around $30 during the holidays. New Vegas was $10 within six months or so.

Excidium said:
Matt7895 said:
Excidium said:

Ah man, I can't help it. I like roaming around ruins and shit, even if the game is mediocre. I enjoyed New Vegas for what it was.

Matt was chastising you for the "worth a pirate" comment, not for being a sucker for PA settings.

Pirating really is second nature to BRs. Reminds me of those cartoon moments.

Amy: There. How do I look?
Farnsworth: Like a cheap French harlot.
Amy: French?!

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Clockwork Knight said:
Excidium said:
Matt7895 said:
Excidium said:

Matt was chastising you for the "worth a pirate" comment, not for being a sucker for PA settings.

Doesn't sound like he would excuse himself for liking PA settings rather than excusing himself for pirating the game.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Clockwork Knight said:
Excidium said:
Matt7895 said:
Excidium said:

Ah yes.

Well, can't help that either. $59.99 is too much for any game. Specially on Steam where stuff is always going on sale right after release. I bought L4D2 and like a month later it was going for half the price...

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'm watching that video and don't understand where's that MegaAwesomeTexture retards here were yapping about?

Everything is so blurry

Also another console shiter. id sucks so hard.

FFS I've skipped to 5th minute and the retarded cutscene still goes.

Wow the gameplay is horrible. 1 fucking enemy per 100m of the corridor.

The dude kills 3 enemies (in 3 minutes lawl!) and another fucking cutscene begins. What the fuck?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Emboldened by a recent purchase of Warhammer: Space marine from "cdkeyshere" I ordered a copy of Rage from equally shady "Play-SC" for something like $48.50 total.

These guys appear to have fucked me over a bit. They won't send the key until the game is UNLOCKED.

Ahahahah.

Should've gone with fuckin' Amazon.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Should have just waited a month and a half until Black Friday when pretty much every U.S. retailer will be looking to dump this off of their shelves.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Maybe, but I have a soft spot for John Carmack, a technical visionary struggling to breathe life into his cold, perfect code.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's 2011, pretty much any and all visionaries of the last twenty years have sold out by now: Molyneux, Schafer, Spector, Gilbert... Carmack~

MetalCraze

Arcane
This "technical visionary" didn't create anything groundbreaking since mid 90s.

(And every time a year later LGS did it better)

Okay wrote:
Console Parity -- PC owners will get the best looking version of Rage, but not by much. The 360 and PS3 versions run just as well and look almost as good. If you ran the two versions side by side, only slightly muddier textures and a bit of aliasing would give away the consoles. The game was even designed with consoles in mind. PC QA testers on the game use a control pad simply because that's how it was meant to be played.

It never looked anything better than bland, but this comment really sealed the fate for me. Not even a $2 sale

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I dunno what people are complaining about visuals-wise. All the Bethesda-released videos of it looked pretty great to me.

Rage renderer and art quality is several times higher than that in Fallout: New Vegas, and that's enough for me, if the rest of the game doesn't suck.

Exmit

Scholar
Looks boring as shit, you gotta love the corridored wasteland canyon.

Not worth any money.

Rage renderer and art quality is several times higher than that in Fallout: New Vegas, and that's enough for me

Good, but some people don't like poo in silver tin foil.

If i want graphics i will launch a 3dmark test run.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Commander Xbox said:
Whats the difference between this and borderlands?

Borderlands is Diablo with guns. It's Hellgate London-ish at the core.

Rage is Doom with inventory and a story. It's an FPS at the core.

Sounds similar, but the feel is bound to be very, very different. Also, Borderlands sucked.

Exmit said:
Rage renderer and art quality is several times higher than that in Fallout: New Vegas, and that's enough for me graphics-wise

Good, but some people don't like poo in silver tin foil.

If i want graphics i will launch a 3dmark test run.

Since you omitted both parts of my post that set it into an entirely different context, I helpfully highlighted it above for you.

Exmit

Scholar
oh why the the fuck do i even bother here? oh wait i don't.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Borderlands totally failed in its ARPG aspects. Rage looks better and seemingly succeeds in what little RPG elements it does have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom