Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tax /gd/

Tax?

• Yes, Codex must be inclined

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a /gd/ moron who will leave forever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You're kidding yourself if you think putting a tax on a situation that is popular precisely because its free, would actually work.

No-one would pay, and for those few that did pay, once they realised everyone else had moved on (i.e. their audience), they'll stop paying too.

Restricting GD to registered members only, on the other hand, that is a good idea and it probably should have been that way to begin with. I'll be curious to see if there's a noticeable difference in registrations as a result, but it's mostly doubtful

gromit

Arcane
Sometimes I think the entire forum should be visible only upon registration. I bet more people would not run screaming from the site.

Excommunicator said:
No-one would pay, and for those few that did pay, once they realised everyone else had moved on (i.e. their audience), they'll stop paying too.
Sounds like win/win all around.

Will be a bitch to automate, though, so this idea is unlikely to be done properly.
One-time fee won't help much, from a financial standpoint, but might cut down a few shit posters, so it might be a start.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Excommunicator said:
You're kidding yourself if you think putting a tax on a situation that is popular precisely because its free, would actually work.

you apparently fail to realize that the sole point of a gd tax would be exactly that, to drive people away and eventually kill it off for good, not to actually raise any money.

Shannow

Waster of Time
SuicideBunny said:
Excommunicator said:

you apparently fail to realize that the sole point of a gd tax would be exactly that, to drive people away and eventually kill it off for good, not to actually raise any money.
Code:
Excommunicator

Forum 	Posts 	%
General Discussion 	642 	42%
General RPG Discussion 	237 	16%
General Gaming 	225 	15%
More like he doesn't want to realize, amiright?

Nah, what everybody seems to ignore, is that any kind of pay-to-view option is only at the end of the road of DU's failed alternative options. While it's fun to make the gd nazi-trannies whine and beg on their knees- Wait... Oh, ok.
Tax GD! :thumbsup:

SuicideBunny said:

You are clueless if you think 'taxing' a forum would be done in order to slowly drive people away. It's a fucking forum, and they have complete control. If he wants to delete GD he can do so, he doesn't need to phase people out in some gentle passive BS method

The real question is what proportion of the traffic is going straight to GD, and now that it is restricted, we should be able to get some idea of that

Also, I think Shannow and SuicideBunny both have major crushes on me

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Excommunicator said:
It's a fucking forum, and they have complete control. If he wants to delete GD he can do so, he doesn't need to phase people out in some gentle passive BS method
sorry, i always pegged you for another troll alt who'd at least know codex history, but, as it turns out, you're just a clueless newfag after all.
no admin will ever delete gd unless it directly and unmistakably threatens the very existence of the codex.
people in support of a tax on gd are simply expressing wishful thinking about its (current form's) demise in creative ways.
don't be such a bloody boring blighter.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
sorry honeybuns. :(
can i make it up to you by retardoing an andhaira thread?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Awww Skyway, you're always Our Little Commie.

SuicideBunny said:
no admin will ever delete gd unless it directly and unmistakably threatens the very existence of the codex.
people in support of a tax on gd are simply expressing wishful thinking about its (current form's) demise in creative ways.
don't be such a bloody boring blighter.

Obviously. I just think you must be lacking in your sense of humour to be so enthusiastic about being rid of GD. It is basically the comic relief of these boards, after all.

Shannow said:
Now re-read what I actually wrote and reconsider the "clueless" part.

Wasn't responding to your comment.

made

Arcane
Nobody wants to take away GD from you. But if you love it so much, surely you wouldn't mind spending a couple dollars on it?

I am willing to pay this small price for a better future of the Codex. Are you?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Excommunicator said:

But that's the whole point.
Either /gd/ morons pay or they leave - perfect for Codex either way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom