Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which is the worst section of the forum?

Which is the worst?

• GRPG discussion, it has gone full derp, terminate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • General Gaming, death to popamole.

• Strategy, popamole+circlejerk faggotry, the worst.

• MMO, teh decline incarnated, and no one likes it by the way.

• News and comments, who cares about news of shitty gsmes took from other sites.

• Site Feedback, DU personal sandbox, very useful indeed.

• Adventure, no one read or post there.

• Playground, useful, for peoplewho don't play games, why they are here then?

• Public Library, yes we need to be adjourned about TV shows and shitty Fantasy.

• Hosted CRPG Fora, don't they have their own?

• GD, the bane of Humanity.

• Retardo Land, you complain about server load while dragging around all that shit.

• Total voters

Kz3r0

Arcane
As asked by Gragt here is the poll about the section of the forum you will gladly erase from existence permanently.
TO me is the MMO section, I don't think I ever entered in there if not by mistake.

PS:
Due to the complains in the other thread I added the missing sections. :smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
GRPG is pretty shitty lately, mostly because most of its posts are instantly retardoed or moved to general gaming because nothing is considered an RPG any longer.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
GD. Horrible section, I avoid it when I can only post there to mock Liberal these days. Or to make a shitty postironic one-liner.

I do see it as a necessary evil though. At least the GD squad (Liberal, Andhaira et al) restrict themselves to there. Do we really want them to start posting in Playground and Workshop or in Strategy?

Jaesun said:
If we didn't have the MMOG section, we would have no place to discuss Diablo 3.
:lol:
I don't mind MMOG. It's mostly dead anyway so it's not as if it'd make that much of a difference if it went away.

Eh, GD is what it is, and it has always been so. It's fine, plus there are some interesting things posted there at times.

GRPG is shit, though. Since no RPG has been released in roughly 8 years, there is nothing new to discuss, and there's this weird hero-worship of mediocre to poor developers.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Sceptic said:
Jaesun said:
If we didn't have the MMOG section, we would have no place to discuss Diablo 3.
:lol:
I don't mind MMOG. It's mostly dead anyway so it's not as if it'd make that much of a difference if it went away.
The MMO section is actually quite good as a forum. The retards keep (mostly) away. And otherwise it's just us ten or so MMO-interested posters who discuss stuff in a civilized (for codex standards) manner.

DraQ

Arcane
/gd/, beyond the shadow of doubt.

Retardo could use some trimming down (sending all the unfunny derp threads down the drain), but there is gold to be found there.

24 karat gold.
In the form of nuggets shaped like little :retarded: faces.

DraQ

Arcane
Melcar said:
Your mom is worst.
You don't even have mom, right?
druggie.gif
:smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Shannow said:
The MMO section is actually quite good as a forum. The retards keep (mostly) away. And otherwise it's just us ten or so MMO-interested posters who discuss stuff in a civilized (for codex standards) manner.[/quote]

This. I read it on occasion, hoping someday one MMOG dev team will finally break from the WOW mold and actually do something different.

That is never going to happen, but whatever.

Exmit

Scholar
GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD MAKING RIGHT FAGGOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Phelot

Arcane
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Eh, GD is what it is, and it has always been so. It's fine, plus there are some interesting things posted there at times.

GRPG is shit, though. Since no RPG has been released in roughly 8 years, there is nothing new to discuss, and there's this weird hero-worship of mediocre to poor developers.

I agree with this. It's nice to reminisce about oldies, but it does get tiring after awhile. It'd be nice if a cool new RPG came out. Maybe when AoD comes out we'll have something to discuss other than the usual "Is it an RPG?" spiel.

Phelot

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Apparently you missed Knights of the Chalice?

Exactly. Wasn't that like 2 years ago? At least a lot of the ME/DA/Bioware/EA/Activision bashing threads have cooled down.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I guess that was a while ago.

And then 11/11/11 will soon be upon us...

We really need to publicly shame developers/publishers and actually create a Yet Another Shitty Action Game with Slight cRPG Mechanics forum, and move all this shit topics there.

Cassidy

Arcane
Jaesun said:
We really need to publicly shame developers/publishers and actually create a Yet Another Shitty Action Game with Slight cRPG Mechanics forum, and move all this shit topics there.

Just shove them to General Gaming, they don't deserve a forum dedicated to them in the Codex.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Cassidy said:
Jaesun said:

Just shove them to General Gaming, they don't deserve a forum dedicated to them in the Codex.

I disagree. Publicly categorizing a Publishers/Devs games with a specific named forum and category sends out a very clear message.

That's just my 2 cents.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Cassidy said:
Jaesun said:

I disagree. Publicly categorizing a Publishers/Devs games with a specific named forum and category sends out a very clear message.

That's just my 2 cents.
Are you saying that telling them to eat shit and die any other post isn't helping to get the point across?
:x

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
GRPG is pure shit. No worthwhile RPGs have been released and most of them are either action shooters or hiking simulators. The few new rpgs that are released have already been discussed to death. GRPG is literally devoid of anything new worth talking about.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wanted to vote /gd/ but at least some lulz can be had there and also there's a chance it will get tax'd

So voted /gd/'s little brother - grp/gd/ instead

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:
I approve :thumbsup:

If it comes down to a poll, you have my vote.

General Gaming is pretty useless since the new threads per day of GRPG and GG combined take maybe half a page, and codexers couldn't define what is an RPG to save their lives anyway. Just merge both and let the aspies spend five seconds skimming the thread list until they find the ones talking about the games they think qualify as RPGs

Cassidy

Arcane
GRPG is the worst. While GD has its moments of lulz, all GRPG has become is either a place to remember the decline, unleash the skyway, troll, or a fanboy circlejerk fellating Chris Avellone and Obsidian as a whole for copycatting Bethesda and Bioware while bashing Skyrim and Dragon Age 2.

The only good thing in GRPG is the Best Thread Ever, all the rest is made of either troll, rage or Obsidian fanboy threads and for the only CRPG that matters there is an Age of Decadence subforum already.

TripJack

Hedonist
workshop for sure it is a nonstop 24/7 circlejerk in there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom