Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reached rock bottom

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Playing BGT in "turnbased mode"*.

*center on character, pause when spell cast, pause when target dead, pause when sighted.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
:lol:

You really don't have a life, do you?

:bravo:
For the effort.

Black Cat

Magister
SCO said:
Playing BGT in "turnbased mode"*.

*center on character, pause when spell cast, pause when target dead, pause when sighted.

Didn't it also have an option to pause by itself every six seconds or so, when a round comes to an end, or am I mixing it with NWN or somethingie like that?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Or you could just play The Realm Series in FRUA and completely Incline your cRPG experience.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
SCO said:

Is there any other way to play it? The game lacks 2 auto-pause options: on item used (like spell cast but also for scrolls , potions, wands etc) and on action failed (like when a spell got disrupted).

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
speaking of which, can anyone pm me a knights of the chalice unlock code or instructions on getting it?

MMXI

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Or you could just play The Realm Series in FRUA and completely Incline your cRPG experience.
Someone should remake Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 in FRUA. It would probably be the best game ever.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
How could you even contemplate pirating such a wonderful game? Try the demo if you're not convinced yet ffs. (It's not a part of the main game!) Support the guy, his plans for the 2nd part are awesome!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
MMXI said:
Jaesun said:
Someone should remake Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 in FRUA. It would probably be the best game ever.

I almost considered doing a remake in Dungeon Craft (and even considered the FOnline engine)... except I would be sued faster than you can say "Go for the Eyes Boo!" if I used any of the original art/sound assets, so I decided not too.

Boddler

Educated
ass-rock.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
VentilatorOfDoom said:
SCO said:

Is there any other way to play it? The game lacks 2 auto-pause options: on item used (like spell cast but also for scrolls , potions, wands etc) and on action failed (like when a spell got disrupted).

It also misses having two separate keys for Pause and Unpause.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
MMXI said:
Jaesun said:

I'd rather play the BG games with the Sword Coast Stratagems mod than a FRUA module of it. Gold Box and FRUA is good, but I'd rather have the better AI, more spells, more items and more options and more diverse enemies of the BG games, even though the basic combat system is poorer.

MMXI

Arcane
octavius said:
I'd rather play the BG games with the Sword Coast Stratagems mod than a FRUA module of it. Gold Box and FRUA is good, but I'd rather have the better AI, more spells, more items and more options and more diverse enemies of the BG games, even though the basic combat system is poorer.
I'm sure converting SCS's AI scripts into something that can be hooked into FRUA is less of a problem than recreating the entirety of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 in FRUA. Also, doesn't FRUA allow you to create your own enemies and spells? If not, I'm sure you can hack it.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Now that you have reached the bottom of the lake, the only option is to swim back up. Rise, beautiful phenix

but really you should finish up Balders Gate one more time first. Those banters are so funny. Just like real social interaction

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
VentilatorOfDoom said:
SCO said:

What is currently annoying me is that although it allows those options, and even allows a "center on character" option, it doesn't select the character, inducing some unnecessary effort.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Black Cat said:
Didn't it also have an option to pause by itself every six seconds or so, when a round comes to an end, or am I mixing it with NWN or somethingie like that?

There is such a option, but the game is too obfuscated/simple for that to be appealing. You have the avatar animations swinging swords 3 times when there is only one roll, you got selecting something and taking 4 rounds to get to do it (imagine pausing on every one and retaining that something was scheduled and not interrupt it), and what would you do differently on every round anyway?!?

No, spells and waiting for things to die is the only things that matter (if it had a pause when 30% of hp it would be too).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'm still waiting for the Classic Edition of KotC so that I could buy it for 20PLN :potato: .

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
MMXI said:
Jaesun said:
Nonsense, they should remake it in a (bug-free) ToEE engine. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom