Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Character designs that look cool without being stupid?

Roche may not look retarded, but he's not "cool" either. He's just...normal looking. Kinda boring. I could mistake him for a random goon.

Gosling

Liturgist
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Mrowak said:
Black_Willow said:
wiedzmin5.jpg

[/thread]

Say what you want about TW2, but I think, there's no company on the market that can rival CDPRed them in the field of art direction. (Talking about actual in-game character models; not concept art).

WTF is up with those anchor chain necklaces tho?

Yeah, totally unheard of in medieval Europe.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Excidium said:
Which characters look cool in your opinion?

I'd rather name characters that don't look retarded, while still having some "cool" in them

Max-Payne-2-The-Fall-of-Max-Payne-original-4977.jpeg

1250590679_hitman_0.jpg

image027.jpg

(ok 3 glowing "eyes" are stupid though)

Plus Duke Nukem - a good one too, over the top about himself being over the top

Clockwork Knight said:
Roche may not look retarded, but he's not "cool" either. He's just...normal looking. Kinda boring. I could mistake him for a random goon.

Random goons don't dress in expensive clothing with a style nobody else has, wearing a big golden nigger gang-like symbol on the neck and a huge sword. Potatoes probably don't understand what "secret" means.

Then again there's a reason there's not a single fantasy character up there. When it comes to fantasy it's like devs having a competition who will come up with the most stupidest looking prick.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Those are some p. cool fellas indeed. But then again it's hard not to look cool wearing a suit or leather jacket.

Also, it's curious, if maybe unrelated that all three characters got horribly raped.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
John-Marston-red-dead-redemption-14740700-494-599.jpg

I thought John Marston was pretty cool. All in all a great character, I'd say. Best Rockstar character at least.

newvegas_0145.jpg

I also liked Bugsy Siegel's Benny's design. I'm a sucker for black and white checkered patterns for some reason.

Kz3r0

Arcane
@Spellcaster. :salute:

Also, Skyway pwning the thread?
WTF Codex WTF?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
JarlFrank said:
I remember the game, DX3 had one of the worst ending ever. The former game was much better.

Also it had awesome dialogues:

1. I met C. He was talking about you.
1. He said I can completely trust you.
2. And what did you said to him?
1. I assured him I'm trusting you completely.
2. I need to bite his neck off.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Beware, total coolness ahead:
deusex1.jpg

Guess from where the inspiration for Matrix comes.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Secret Police yeah. You wouldn't guess that dude is special, would you

Ulminati said:
Bayonets on a static weapons platform. and Judging from the blood someone actually ran into it.

Judging by the length of barrels that someone had to be small and had bayonets on his eye level.

It's a unique and deep design, man

laclongquan

Arcane
Jaesun said:
So by your definition, lulu isn't "cool" deuxhero?

8858.jpg

:(

Lulu is sexy. I wouldnt categorize her as cool though.

Quistis, on the other hand, is cool. either a business attire with that long black whip, or shooting the machinegun on the beach of Dollet. Unfortunately there's no quality pic satisfy my demands so I can blind you heretics here. Glasses for the win :oops:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Quistis is the only good thing coming out of FF8. The rest of it can suck vacuum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom