Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New D3 cinematic

thesoup

Arcane
Because Diablo has always been known for it roleplaying mechanics, you tool!
Gosh, I wonder what you're even doing here. The nerve.

On a more serious note, I didn't watch that video nor do I intend to because I think cinematic trailers are shit and I really don't understand it when people get hyped over a game because of some crappy CGI which tells us nothing about the game or its mechanics.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Pretty as fuck, of course, but wow - it's pretty bare faced about being incredibly generic, huh?

Data4

Arcane
Fuck the actual content, the modeling and texture work on that girl is gorgeous. Blizzard's attention to graphic detail in their cinematics continues to rock. Too bad it was samey feeling, and once again features Chris Metzen's voice.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It feels like they've completely rid themselves of the whole gothic fantasy schtick, in favour of generic fantasy. "MOAHAHAHA SOON MY ARMIES OF ORC AND TROLL LOOKING DEMONS SHALL POUR FOURTH IN SEARCH OF YOUR TRINKET OF UNIMAGINABLE POWER, NOTHING CAN STOP US MOAHAHAHAHA"

I want the church of Tristram back.

MapMan

Arcane
Atleast it's a little bit harder to mistake this for a WoW cinematic. In game... its much easier.

made

Arcane
Yes, but never fear, Blizzard realizes that too and will see to it that pandas take WoW in a unique new direction.

Satan

Educated
Diablo II cinematics - great visuals and audio, interesting dialogues, characters, superb atmosphere (kinda gloomy and depressive).

Warcraft III cinematics - great visuals and audio, interesting dialogues and characters, good atmosphere

Starcraft II cinematics - great visuals and audio, semi-interesting dialogues, although mediocre characters, good atmosphere

Diablo III cinematics - great visuals and audio, everything else shit? I mean this is the first blizzard's film I was actually bored while watching it and I was bored terribly. Hopefully this was just this one and the rest will be great, but I have my doubts. Still, it's not a deal breaker, I'll play it for the multiplayer, not for the films, but good cinematics would be a great bonus.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
First boss. He will drop a chipped emerald and a morningstar with fast attack speed.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
pocahaunted said:
I was like, is that a fucking dragon?
:(

For the love of all that's unholly - this was so fucking lame I'm speechless. The netire sense of terror is dispelled the moment that gigantic frog decides to gloat about what he was going to do. If that's not corny writing I don't know what is.

At least in Diablo and most of Diablo II you enemies had decency not to utter a single word. That way an aura of mystery and terror was created around them. You saw the effects of their actions, without them spitting bullshit about their plans.

This is fucking the worst I have ever seen. This shit is going to be unsalvageablem. Now I know I don't want to have anything to do with DIII for sure.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Maybe he's meant to be corny? That's Belial, the Lord of Sin. One of the four Lesser Evils that tried to usurp rule over Hell from Diablo, Mefisto and Baal. Note: tried. And failed quite horribly, their scheme only helping the three Prime Evils to enter the mortal world. Maybe he's just not too bright?

Satan said:
All Blizzard cinematics - great visuals and audio, everything else shit.

Fixed that for ya.
Damn bros, complaining that Blizzard cutscenes are generic is like complaining that rain is wet.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Storyfag said:
Maybe he's meant to be corny? That's Belial, the Lord of Sin. One of the four Lesser Evils that tried to usurp rule over Hell from Diablo, Mefisto and Baal. Note: tried. And failed quite horribly, their scheme only helping the three Prime Evils to enter the mortal world. Maybe he's just not too bright?

I know this is meant to be corny, but I think it's for different reasons - the new Blizzard's audience could not into subtlety and must be spoonfed with info coming straight from the Big Bad Frog. Else they would not know who is evil, and what purpose he wants to achieve. This would create confusion in their tiny brains.

I love how the girl acts all horrified. This shit is supposed to be scary, but it fails for so many reasons I can't be bother to enumerate them.

After Starcraft II storytelling fiasco this was to be expected.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I was really shocked that the scholar chick didn't have giant fucking pauldrons attached to her robe. So in Diablo you banish Diablo from ye olde kingdom, in Diablo 2 & LOD you kill (or banish and kill) Andariel, Duriel Mephisto, Diablo and Baal and now you're stuck with their retarded little brother? Oh how terrifying. Act 2 boss will be undead panda king. :cry:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cool video, but didnt really click with me. Not as dark as D2 videos tho, thats for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom