Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Days for M&B - released!

schluberlubs

Educated
Now, before you explode with joy, and start soiling the topic with telling us about your ejaculations and such,...

These guys knows their target audience. :oops:

Sounds pretty Interesting, definitely one to try as soon as It cums out.

spectre

Arcane
Woohooo, and I had just lost hope that they will ever port it.

Good news. I was thinking about dusting off M&B. Although I'll probably let them properly patch the mod first.

Korgan

Arbiter
flabbyjack said:
hanssolo said:
Will this let me play as a hobbit?

Don't be stupid. Will this let me play as an orc(LotR) or ork(Warhammer)?
Orcs: definitely yeah, both the Mordor orcs and the Uruk-Hai were playable in .808. Hobbits: maybe, one day, as the northwestern Middle-Earth isn't in yet, but the team mentioned doing it after they're done with the Northeast and the dwarves.
Me, I'll be playing as an elf; in the last version, it was the toughest race to start with as you couldn't just hire recruits from your homeland, unlike everyone else, and were only awarded a small trickle of them weekly based on your rank (AFAIR), with additional troops costing LOTS of influence points. You couldn't simply rescue elven prisoners, either, as (like orcs) they couldn't be captured, a victorious enemy always finishing off everyone. However, if you kept your scouts, which are excellent archers to start with, alive and got them to regular or veteran tier, there was NOTHING in the game that could stand up to them; they're going to be even better at plowing through hordes of orcs now, due to adjustable stunlock settings preventing 10+ snagas from just not letting an elven knight get in a single blow, as it used to happen in .808.
That's the way I prefer to play anything; take the least possible amount of the most expensive units available, and try to get only flawless victories with them. Occasionally I even told my entire army to hold position and slaughtered an entire 100+ strong enemy Lesser Host by myself, with an Elven Warhorse, mithril armor and a Sword of Westernesse. It only took 10 minutes or so. The AI is going to be much better now, though, without shit like the entire enemy army just chasing the closest unit, so I guess it's not happening again.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Is 1.011 even the last M&B patch? I remember having something like 1.016...

Occasionally I even told my entire army to hold position and slaughtered an entire 100+ strong enemy Lesser Host by myself, with an Elven Warhorse, mithril armor and a Sword of Westernesse. It only took 10 minutes or so.
Sounds awful.

SoupNazi

God damnit, I'm not sure I'm willing to buy M&B for this when I already have Warband but it does seem so fucking awesome.

Korgan

Arbiter
SoupNazi said:
God damnit, I'm not sure I'm willing to buy M&B for this when I already have Warband but it does seem so fucking awesome.
Why the fuck would you buy the original M&B when it doesn't even have multiplayer, just remove it from inventory.
:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom