Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you finish Assassin's Creed 1

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Can you start again as if you were playing for the first time on the same profile, with the same side-quests and shit? Is there any way to skip the sidequests?

My copy of the game is seriously fuck up so I need to know. I guess I am going to have to skip this game and read some spoilers...

Stinger

Arcane
You can redo the sequences and Altair's story can be redone. Desmond's story cannot.

The sidequests can't be skipped unfortunately iirc.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I think it's tragic that a bro like Ezio has to exist in a dan brown goes gaming hackjob

MapMan

Arcane
There are people who finished AC1? Wow, thats an achievement.

Of all three (the 4th isnt released for PC yet) AC games I only finished AC2. It had nice story, good missions, wasn't boring. Brotherhood is somewhat boring... Didn't finish.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
With all fairness for brotherhood it is fairly difficult to top a fistfight with the pope as a narrative event.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
The characterisation for brotherhood was quite forced, yeah. In fact that game was pretty much veiled Ezio fanservice.

iirc the next game has equal portions of ezio, altair and desmond doing shit in their time periods

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
MapMan said:
There are people who finished AC1? Wow, thats an achievement.
If it wasn't for this technical issue and the fact that I have played the first levels TOO MUCH I would do it

What I have to know in order to avoid this franchise or not in the following months is if punching da polis then running away for 5 minutes is still viable and fun in the later games
is it?
(I guess that's why everyone plays this, but just in case... :M)

anus_pounder

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
The characterisation for brotherhood was quite forced, yeah. In fact that game was pretty much veiled Ezio fanservice.

iirc the next game has equal portions of ezio, altair and desmond doing shit in their time periods

I would prefer they just leave Ezio and Altair as flashback mini-levels and have the main game continue with someone else. Dunno who though, so I guess I'm satisfied with desmond and altair getting equal share as ezio.

SoupNazi

Can someone tell me the ending of the first game? I never brought myself to finish that piece of shit but AC2 was pretty good.

Stinger

Arcane
The simulation ends Vidic walks off with some officials now that he has the location of the Pieces of Eden and Desmond sees Subject 16's crazy codes that he wrote in his blood when he went insane and killed himself. He does that with Eagle Vision so it's a kind of twist in that you originally think Eagle Vision was a gameplay quirk from full synchronisation but it turns out it's an actual ability that Assassins have.

Then Credits. It's quite a shitty ending tbh, incredibly anticlimactic and just ends on a twist that doesn't seem to make sense (further explained in AC2 though).

In AC2 it starts with Desmond still sitting in the lab when Lucy runs in and breaks him out of the place.

EDIT: Or you could just watch the videos Ed posted.

.Sigurd

Educated
anus_pounder said:
I'm buying it mostly because of the setting. Constantinople :thumbsup:
Just to remember, the game is set after the Turks take over the city, that means no portable flamethrower. :(

Hand-siphon_for_Greek_fire%2C_medieval_illumination.jpg

Stinger

Arcane
.Sigurd said:
anus_pounder said:
I'm buying it mostly because of the setting. Constantinople :thumbsup:
Just to remember, the game is set after the Turks take over the city, that means no portable flamethrower. :(

Actually, I remember seeing Ezio using that device to burn down a couple of boats in a setpiece in one of the previews.

Shame that Revelations isn't doing much to the formula, Ubisoft seemed like one of the few companies actually trying to improve their games with each sequel. But I suppose this is what happens when your original creative director and creator of the series leaves after Brotherhood.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Revelations seems pretty solid but I'm torn on whether to get that or Saints Row THA THIRD :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom