Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioWare's next new shitty action game to be announced!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jaesun said:
Excidium said:
Could be cool, if it wasn't Bioware.

Technically it's not. It's just a new studio under the BioWare Name (like BioWare Mythic).

Ray and Greg just tell that division what their EA overlords/Marketing Dept tells them to make and they tell the team to go make a game of it.

Profit!
I see. Could be a fun vehicular combat game, then.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
RPGMaster said:
ME1 was unique. It was more like GRAW.

In ME1 you were encouraged to mix up your attack between guns and biotics/tech. In ME2 you are forced to use guns more.

In ME1 you had areas with more space to move around in. In ME2 you have to stay in cover then shoot, stay in cover then shoot.

Damage was determined by stats and behind the scenes dice rolls and not BAM! Headshot!

:thumbsup:
I played a gun class in ME1 so it was same popamole for both games for me. Guess I missed out on playing a space mage in ME1.

waywardOne

Arcane
Excidium said:
Vanguard is the most fun class. Charging around the battlefield corridor with a shotgun!

It's also the most frustrating with all the "Can't reach the target" bullshit.

Captain Shrek

Jaesun said:
8877.png

A possible future of bioware.

I so wish.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
eh, BioWare will destroy it'self on it own.

Mass Effect IIRC has pretty much been the title that is making the money for them. When the EA Marketing department finally fucks that up on the demands for the 4th ME game, then they will probably go the way of Origin...

MetalCraze

Arcane
"HOT HOT First BF3 is like old R6 now GRAW has biotics/tech and stats and dice rolls"

Your Daily Newfag News, where newfags spout bullshit about a game that came out less than 5 years ago

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Jaesun said:
http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/22/bioware-vga-teaser-shows-tanks-apcs/

A few seconds of footage of BioWare's new Tank Romance game.

Will this be a new variation of "I want to be a Dragon" ?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Menckenstein said:
Jaesun said:

You mean "I want to be a tank"?

I just hope Bioware will stop pretending that they are making RPGs. Make an action game with tanks and stuff in the modern setting! At least you don't have to lie.

A scene from the trailer
f5be251c4954f1688e33440e9512e593.jpg

Menckenstein

J_C said:
Menckenstein said:
Jaesun said:

You mean "I want to be a tank"?

I just hope Bioware will stop pretending that they are making RPGs. Make an action game with tanks and stuff in the modern setting! At least you don't have to lie.

A scene from the trailer
f5be251c4954f1688e33440e9512e593.jpg

Love Can Bloom On A Battlefield 2142

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So now Bioware is giving up making RPGs altogether? Or maybe they really are going to make an espionage RPG.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It's not even made by the 'real' BIO in EDM so why give a fuck?

Teepo

Scholar
If it's not by the 'real' Bio then we may just have hope yet.

Menckenstein

So some rumor mongering poop sifters who live on Linked In think that this is from some of the guys who made Mercenaries.

Were those games any good?

RPGMaster

Savant
A "brand new IP" pretty much rules out C&C, no?

Besides I know EA are dumb but buying Westwood, the people who make C&C, then shutting them down, then buying BioWare a studio known for making RPGs and putting them to work on a C&C game? I don't believe EA are that retarded.

Renegen

Arcane
Everyone, this is a sign of the incline. Clearly both Bioware and C&C markets are shrinking due to EA's dumbfuckery so they are merging both of their gameplays together. Pretty soon you will find ME C&C: TOR on iPhones only.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Renegen said:
Everyone, this is a sign of the incline. Clearly both Bioware and C&C markets are shrinking due to EA's dumbfuckery so they are merging both of their gameplays together. Pretty soon you will find ME C&C: TOR on iPhones only.

Maybe the new game will C&C:Mercenaries,that way they will combine 3 things C&C,Bioware and Mercenaries like someone mentioned already.It will be Majestic :mhd:

:yeah:

.Sigurd

Educated
RPGMaster said:
A "brand new IP" pretty much rules out C&C, no?

Besides I know EA are dumb but buying Westwood, the people who make C&C, then shutting them down, then buying BioWare a studio known for making RPGs and putting them to work on a C&C game? I don't believe EA are that retarded.
Once you established an IP of certain sucess or fame you don't need to care for human resources anymore. You can hire any monkey to follow the cake recipe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom