Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Ate My Dog :(

Gregz

Arcane
jubophoto said:
Type this in the console....

player.placeatme 0009A7AA

worked for me!

Ahhh man..so close!

Yes it worked, but it summoned a version of him that I can't control. (due to my previous console fiddling) :/

*sigh*

Anyway, hopefully your method will help some other people out.

jubophoto

Novice
Ah, that sucks. I was thinking that would probably happen to me too, but for whatever reason he was still my dog when I respawned him.

Seolas

Liturgist
I bought him but had him wait at my home in Whiterun - the next time I went back he was gone and I didn't see him again until by chance going back to the place where I bought him...

... where he was for sale again as if I'd never owned him. The game has tons of small and annoying glitches, like I can't finish the last part of the Thieves Guild plotine as I sold my Guild armour and it is needed to trigger the very last event after hours grinding generic thief missions to get the special missions which in turn restore the Guild to its former glory.

Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
G.O.D said:
cboyardee said:
act Danny DeVito.

Aye, And one of the town guards' VA, acts Schwarzenegger.
Ah well, it's better then spending half your budget on, say, Liam Neeson.. for fuck sake.

Lemme guess, someone stole your sweetroll.

Haven't bought Skyrim, have no intention of playing it, so I have no idea whether Danny's voice-acting is any good (never heard him voice-act in anything else).

But when your career is at the point that an (originally) self-funded (for the pilot) indie 'It's always sunny in philadelphia' can not only afford him, but the commercial sustainability of the show is considered an incline in your career, I don't think that Bethesda is breaking the budget by hiring you to do some voices.

Jennifer Hale probably costs more.

sser

Arcane
Developer
My dog would not stop barking and dicking around like the asshole it was. Eventually it took it getting me killed deep within a dungeon I had not saved in to tell its ass to go the fuck home. I had to resist the urge to murder it as it moped away.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
G.O.D said:
cboyardee said:
act Danny DeVito.

Aye, And one of the town guards' VA, acts Schwarzenegger.
Ah well, it's better then spending half your budget on, say, Liam Neeson.. for fuck sake.

Lemme guess, someone stole your sweetroll.

:D

arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-c10102058-copy_jpeg.jpg

:retarded: "What is it? Dragons?" :retarded:

@ Azrael the cat.

No, they were not hired for the game, it was a joke.
There are Voice Actors in the game who sound somewhat like them though.

As for the costs.. I was referring to Neeson's role in Fallout 3. (also meant as a ;), by the way)
Out of all actors around they chose the man with one of the most characterless voices in Hollywood to do the VA-ing (Plus i personally don't like his acting much).
Not that i give a shit anyway becouse i quit playing F3 about 1/3 in the game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The funny thing is, Redguard VA is been around for more than 10 years if you take my word for it. It's from the first Elder Scroll Adventure - Redguard all the way till now.

Fucking unbelievable. It's like he was born to be Redguard.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
abnaxus said:
RK47 said:
The funny thing is, Redguard VA is been around for more than 10 years if you take my word for it. It's from the first Elder Scroll Adventure - Redguard all the way till now.

Fucking unbelievable. It's like he was born to be Redguard.
He isn't in Skyrim, though. Three Dog has taken over the Redguard.
Aw man now I can't help but picture that the Altmer put some kind of magical curse that turned the Redguard into a Three Dog hivemind.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Hey, this isn't so bad. They already have lizard boobs. Dogs are :incline: in my book, as long as you get to eat these filthy creatures of course.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
CrazyLoon said:
as you get to eat these filthy creatures of course.

Rule of thumb:
If it moves, it's eatable, right?

Anyway, the Nords of Skyrim figured out how to cook about any type of meat (Even Mammoth snout), but dog meat is too hard to figure out apparently, as it is not possible to cook it.
Tough luck, pal ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom