Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What would be your all time TOP 3 games?

Tulkas

Novice
Name your 3 favorite games.

That's it.

You can explain why they are your favorite, but you don't have to.
You can mention other games, but you have to choose three that you consider the best. If you can't decide - man up and stop being a pussy.

hydd

Might and Magic VI

This game was the Saratoga to my video game revolution. Being towards the younger end of Generation Y, I didn't have the privilege to grow up with titles like Ultima. I received Might and Magic VI from my dad after he found out I liked Hexen on the Nintendo 64. Naturally, as a preteen, I didn't complete this game for several years but I'll never forget the feeling of saving Enroth.

Morrowind

Akin to my previously mentioned game, Morrowind further allowed me to explore to my hearts content (but in 3D!). Morrowind showed me how a game can tell a multi-threaded story while giving the player complete control. Books like Poison Song, Mystery of Talara and The Wolf Queen still hold a dear place in my heart.

Morrowind totally enthralled me for an array of months. There hasn't been a single player game since that has come close to the sheer amount of hours I put into this title.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Although I'm hesitant to mention an mmorpg on this board, it's truly in my top 3 games of all time. I got interested in Vanguard through a trickle down effect of my buddies playing Everquest. The game is a masterpiece in terms of class dynamics, challenge and landscape presentations. Had it not had a bug ridden launch, I feel as though we would have seen the game keep true to it's more "hardcore rule-set".

Due to massive changes by Sony, Vanguard no longer reflects the game that I once knew. Only a fond memory is left.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Final Fantasy XII
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Marobug

Oblivion
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect

Yeah I know I'm a hardcore RPG fan

also inb4 retardo

canakin

Cipher
Fallout

Fallout 2

I loved no other games as much as I loved real Fallouts, so no third game.

Ghoulem

Erudite
1: Rome: Total War
Best goddamn strategy game I've ever played and very moddable.

2: Fallout 2
Humorous, exciting combat, fun dialogue, interesting characters, good soundtrack, unexpected turn of events in a lot of quests, lots of choices and some level of randomness to it all.

3: Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Best goddamn strategy game I've ever played. Fun multiplayer.

Honourable mentions..

Deus Ex
Unique setting, rewarding gameplay, engaging story, choices that felt important in the game world.

Transport Tycoon
Still easily the best city-game there is.

Morrowind:
The freedom of exploration and use of magic. The massive lore, the graphic, the vastness of the game, the whole feel to it.

Kizmiaz

Novice
Though choice. :?

Sundog: Frozen Legacy.
A whole lot of nostalgia here. I still play it occasionally.

Fallout 2.
'nuff said.

Jagged Alliance 2.
A late discovery, but when I finally took the time to learn it, it was almost a religious revelation. My eyes were opened, and I fell on my knees and wept, praising the good Lord who let his ray of inspiration shine on the staff of Sir-Tech, letting them produce this unequalled gem of gaming experience.

DemonKing

Arcane
Man - a top 3 is pretty hard. If we limit it to the last decade I'd probably go simply in terms of time invested:

Company of Heroes
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Rome: Total War

Beyond that it would be mainly CRPGs.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
RoadRashCover.jpg

I mean, come on. It's a game where you drive around on motorcycles, listening to Soundgarden, and beat people to death with chains and lead pipes.

Gregz

Arcane
3!?!...no I cannot list 3...not in GG I cannot

This is my list, there are many like it but this one is mine. *dons crystal monocle of seeing* :obviously:

Presented in no particular order, sanity, nor respect of those that troll read these egregious forums:

Wasteland
Metroid
System Shock II
Deus Ex
Master of Magic
Diablo
The Bard's Tale
NetHack
Castlevania
Portal
Icewind Dale
Daggerfall
Kid Icarus
Super Metroid
Diablo II
Super Mario Brothers
Pirates!
Amberstar
Gorf
Half-Life
Everquest
Mount & Blade: Warband
Jagged Alliance 2
Might and Magic VII
Warcraft II
Star Wars (Arcade Version)
Wizardry 8
Battlefield 1942
Gauntlet
Master of Orion
The Legend of Zelda
Skyrim
GTA: Vice City
ToEE
Ultima V
Zangband
Burntime
Aliens vs. Predator 2
Thief Gold
Far Cry
Dungeon Master
Warcraft
Fallout
KOTOR
BF1942: Desert Combat Mod
Counter-Strike 1.5
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Mechwarrior 4
Tetris
Dune 2
Shadowrun (Sega Genesis)
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Thief 2
Baldur's Gate II
Civilization III
Pirates 2
Autoduel
Morrowind
Might & Magic II
Fallout: NV
Dungeon Keeper 2
Age of Empires 2
Diablo 2: MedianXL mod
TFC
Auto Assault
Ambermoon
Battlefield Vietnam
Dragon Warrior
Quake
Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy
Ultima 3 (NES)
Anarchy Online
Fallout 2
X-Com: UFO Defense
Warlords Battlecry III
Painkiller
Oregon Trail
VTM:B
Tie Fighter
Divine Divinity
Borderlands
Icewind Dale II

:yeah:

sser

Arcane
Developer
X-Com, Homeworld, Mafia, Chaos Theory, Morrowind.

Those are basically my top five games that I play through every so often and still have fun.

Yeah, it's really hard to choose a top 3. Plus, I don't know how to rank Pdox games, and one of them needs to be represented.

Maybe:

JA2
Pdox game
Wiz 8?

I don't really know what #3 would be. I've kind of lost my taste for RPGs, but good old blobfests still get me off. Oh, and make no mistake... Dark Souls is hovering on the edge of this list.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Tetris
Tetris
Tetris
The game where moles get in the holes.

OR

Oblibion
Obilibion
Obilvion

I can't decide.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom