Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioWare to inflict the bad writing of thousands on the world

RPGMaster

Savant
Or is Gaider really desperate to fish for ideas?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/8860035

We’re pleased to announce a Dragon Age Creative Writing Challenge to celebrate the launch of lead writer David Gaider’s book Dragon Age: Asunder. The rules are simple—write a short story from the perspective of a Mage or Templar. Email finished work to community@bioware.com and include your BSN username. Also, please post an abstract of your story (50-100 words) in this thread for everyone to see!

Entries must be an original, unpublished work of fiction in the English language and no longer than 2,500 words. Multiple submissions WILL NOT be accepted. Please do not include explicit sexual descriptions or excessive violence. Writing will be judged on originality, understanding of & respect for the Intellectual Property, writing quality, grammar & spelling, and keeping within the parameters established in the Dragon Age Universe. The last day we are accepting entries is January 10th, 2012!

The Community Team will choose our top five favorites who will receive a complimentary copy of Dragon Age Asunder signed by David Gaider and have their entries read by the man himself! [ed: I love the addition of the ! here] David will choose the overall winner. This winner will receive a full suite of products from the Razer Dragon Age II line: keyboard, mouse, mouse mat, and messenger bag to assist in his or her future writing endeavors. He or she will also be invited to a private Skype Q&A with David Gaider.

Looking forward to seeing the creativity that drives our community! Be sure to read Dragon Age Asunder to inspire and inform your writing!

:retarded:

thesoup

Arcane
Oh god the prizes are so disgusting I feel violated already.

Anyone gonna write something?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm totally sending my Chris-Priestly-attacked-by-shitty-Bioware-character story.

EDIT:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

community@bioware.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No such user - psmtp (state 14).

:rage:

MMXI

Arcane
We should work together to collectively win it. We can then forward a cam girl's video stream to him through Skype so that we can get him to stick a dildo up his arse (or something even more degrading). Record it, stick the video up on as many video streaming sites as possible and spam links all over the BioWare forums.

:yeah:

Grimlorn

Arcane
They must need ideas for DA3. Think of all the free ideas they'll get from this to put into DA3. Should be awesome and cheap.

Captain Shrek

1324432316496.jpg

Duckard

Augur
When did David Gaider become some kind of internet superstar? Not only will he READ your story if you win, you actually get to ask him a question over the internet!

Destroid

Arcane
It bothers me that settings are referred to as Intellectual Properties, no matter the context.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Destroid said:
It bothers me that settings are referred to as Intellectual Properties, no matter the context.
It's part of the effort to convince people that there is such a thing as "Intellectual Property" It seems to be going well for them.

Majestic47

Learned
And no violence made me lol. Isn't that mature and gritty?

I guess I could write about a Templar trainee in a Chantry, who knew Alistair once and witnessed the latter's rise into King of Fereldan, expressing both regret and jealousy towards the bastard.

Angthoron

Arcane
Destroid said:

Should we introduce PIP, a new term to describe pseudo-intellectual property?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Re: BioWare to inflict the bad writing of thousands on the w

RPGMaster said:
Looking forward to seeing the creativity that drives our community! Be sure to read Dragon Age Asunder to inspire and inform your writing!

:thumbsup:

Anyone read that yet?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Captain Shrek said:
Is that actually from TOR?

Jesus, I played the beta and decided it was complete shit (fake-choices, nothing new added to combat, Bioware-dilemas etc.) before I even saw something this retarded. Hope it goes under.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Pretty much one of the most hilarious threads I have seen in a while.

And all it required was showing a newspost exactly as it was written.

Read a videogame promotion novel to inspire and inform one's writing? Really? I am sure the press writer himself inserted that as a jest, but it almost sounds serious.

Stinger

Arcane
HiddenHand we get it, you're disappointed with Mass Effect 3.

But if you're just annoyed with ME3's ending then the Codex isn't the place to bitch about it. Barely anyone here gives a fuck about Mass Effect and the only thing most of us know about the ending is that it's so glorious in the butthurt it has generated. If you want a place to actually vent about ME3's ending BSN would be a better fit.

On the other hand if you're keen to play some actually good crpgs go check out the holy trinity i.e. Fallout, PST, Arcanum and other games recommended in the RPG codex top RPGs list- you don't need Bioware and you'll realise that Mass Effect and Dragon Age are just cheap imitations compared to the truly great RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom