Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

FatCat

Educated
RK47 said:
..fuck me. I checked my steam library and could not find my M&B purchase. I must've closed the window at the office before the CC transaction went through.

:x

just go to the store page of M&B game you bought.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
OH wait, fuck I must've been tired. yeah, it's there...I haven't installed it. haha. fuck me. Installing and letting it download as i sleep.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Today's deals are pretty tepid. Just going to grab EYE from yesterday. Skyrim only 33% off. Risen was cheaper during the summer sale. Rest is just the usual suspects. Renegade Ops was much cheaper (included the DLC) during Amazon's sale the other day. I'm sure some might be interested in Blood Bowl but that's been on sale a bajillion times before.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also just crafted 7 coal into... 50% off Crazy Machines 2 OMG!!!!!oneeleven

Multi-headed Cow

3 coal for me today, and since I can't seem to trade Men of War Vietnam for Hard Reset I'll probably just buy it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Amazon has dropped Dead Island to $13 -- activates on Steam. On the fence. If it were $10, I'd get it but Steam will probably mark it at 66% off matching that and possibly even 75% off. Of course they could be cheap fucks and only do 50%.

Gotten 2 free games so far, and only done 5 "achievements" not to shabby. Got a copy of worms reloaded, but since this kind of game is mostly fun (in my opinion) if you've got any one to play it against (which I don't) I would be open to trade it for something else if any one would like the copy.

Stinger

Arcane
Fuck off, the coal just makes coupons? Coupons that don't even have as strong a discount as the actual steam sales?

God I hate how grindy and exploitative Valve has gotten lately.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Stinger said:
Fuck off, the coal just makes coupons? Coupons that don't even have as strong a discount as the actual steam sales?

God I hate how grindy and exploitative Valve has gotten lately.

Actually, you can get free games but the chances are pretty slim i guess.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
After watching Let's Plays I manged to talk myself out of Dead Island. Just looks sort of 'meh' even at $13. I'll wait and see what Steam does and if the Amazon deal expires... oh well. Already got Derpus Ex HR as a big ticket item from this sale.

The Ticktockman

Scholar
Metro said:
After watching Let's Plays I manged to talk myself out of Dead Island. Just looks sort of 'meh' even at $13. I'll wait and see what Steam does and if the Amazon deal expires... oh well. Already got Derpus Ex HR as a big ticket item from this sale.

I'd say it's worth $13. Breaking every bone in a zombie's body with a baseball bat before curb-stomping them is a very satisfying experience. Plus co-op can be pretty fun (although that holds true for most games with co-op).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's an okay price. Just one of those games I'm on the fence over. Looks like the Amazon deal didn't expire yet so I'll see what's on Steam tomorrow but I'm thinking it will be an 'encore' day and nothing new.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I am saving up my coal so that I will win the grand prize. I am pretty sure that I will win the Steam Grand Prize Every Game Ever Made contest and the lottery on the same day.

The last two days have really sucked for deals. The summer sale was better. I hope that they come out with something good on Christmas.

They also might be looking to get people's Christmas cash and will have some good deals between Christmas and New Year.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Markman said:
Is Hard Reset worth it? Anybody played it?

It's good but only about three or four hours long. They're also releasing an extended edition in the next couple of months and may or may not charge for the DLC/patch that updates current versions. IMO, it might be part of an indie bundle if they charge for the DLC: get as many customers as possible.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well i got it anyway.

Noticed Gamersgate has Civ V GOTY for 112SEK(12€ or so). Gotta say from all of the sites Steam had weakest offers this time. Even GetGamesGo has Deus ex HR for 15€. From all the games i got from Steam i coulve got them cheaper from somewhere else.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Gerrard said:
AlaCarcuss said:
- I'm getting 250-270 FPS
You may be seeing 250-275FPS in fraps or whatever, but the fact is the game is only rendering 30, and it's painfully obvious. You can look at the steam forum if you want "actual proof".

Well, whatever... plays smooth enough for me.

- Definately no letterboxing for me (@ 16:9)
Derp? It's a console port, why would it have letterboxing at 16:9?

Derp... yeah, that's what I meant. ;)

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Another 7 coal turned into a whooping 25% off Dead Island coupon. I am now a proud owner of 4 useless coupons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom